Jamie Gold Vs. Cunningham...wsop Final Table

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL @ Cunningham not being a GREAT player. 4 WSOP bracelets and a 4th place in the 06 main event makes you JUST AVERAGE.LOL.F ucking morons.
Haha!! He was also player of the year at the WSOP in 2005, and finished like 3rd for 2006. Men the Master and Daniel Negreanu have also been WSOP player of the year, I guess they''re just good players too.

my question is this: why are we still talking about this??? we all know gold is a donky, he played most hands like a donky, like a donky he thought he was the greatest poker talent in history, so why are we still talking about him????

Hey there,Let me first say that I hope everyone had a great holiday. Then let me say this is going to be a long, long, long post.I can't believe I am going to engage in a flame war with some of you, but I just can't help myself. Some of the stuff I read in this thread is just disguting. Some of it is a total disgrace.Since I know it will be coming from some of the "smart" posters on here, let me say please feel free to flame away at me. Not that you need my permission. When I say "smart", I am referring to the posters with the quick and witty replies that offer nothing of substance.I am sure you can get me with the "newbie" stuff since I don't post alot. I am not part of the "cool" clique on here and I am not one of the "smart" guys.Let me first answer the OP. I think he should've made a smaller raise to try to get a few more million out of the hand, but I also don't think it really mattered much. To those few posters that don't think Cunningham is good, all I can say is you are nuts. Maybe you should play with the guy a little before just spouting about the way that he plays. I played with Cunningham nearly everyday when he was 19 or 20 and just starting out in the PL game at Hollywood Park back in '97 or so and I have played with him many times since then and I can tell you without a doubt that even at 19 or 20 you knew you were looking at a future poker great. What I don't understand about this forum is when some of you "samrt" posters flame certain players that you know absolutely nothing about. Then when someone tries to challenge you on your point of view instead of having a real debate that can be meaningful, some of you "smart" people just resort to flaming and total nonsense to try to appear witty.The OP started a topic and some of the "smart" posters in this thread go off on the guy and try to impress the rest of us with your creative comments. Who cares that this topic was already discussed? So what!!!!!!! He is not adding to the clutter of this forum, the ones adding to the clutter are the "smart" guys that respond with useless flames. The easiest way not to clutter the forum is to simply ignore the OP and then it goes away.Instead the rest of us are forced to read through page after page of useless BS because the "smart" guys want to out-do each other with their brilliant quips.Also, as far as some of you "smart" guys asking a poster what a "monkely" is and other BS, how about you give it a rest. You knew what he meant. I mean how pathetic do you have to be to flame a guy for typos and/or a lack of proper grammar? This is where the clutter comes from, it comes from a small percentage of you "smart" guys making the rest of us go through page after page of your BS to read something worthwhile.I have been a reader of this forum since it started, but I rarely post and this is part of thereason why. I can promise you that I can add value to this forum. Read my other posts, there aren't that many, but at least I have tried to add something when I do decide to post. I can also promise you that there are many more people that read this forum and can add value, but don't for the same reasons that I don't. A small percentage of you "smart" guys with the: "use the search function", "learn to spell", "try using proper grammar", "there is another thread on this, stop wasting our time", starting another topic thats been discussed is cluttering up this forum", and blah blah blah. You guys are the clutter on this forum, not the OP.There where a few posters in this thread that actually got "it". They just add decent comments without sarcasm which is what this forum should be about and often is at times. To the "smart" guys in this thread, how about you just ignore threads like these instead of wasting your time and ours by "cluttering" up this forum with worthless replies. Just move on so the rest of us don't have to go through a bunch of pages of BS before we get to anything with any substance.I have more to say but I am tired and going to bed. Perhaps I had to much spiked eggnog and shouldn't have said anything. Its just that this forum has so much potential if a certain group of posters just stop with the BS and adding useless comments. Simply ignore the topic and move on. The OP did nothing wrong, but then several guys had to make their usual witty comments so the rest of us waste our time having to read them.Anyway no more eggnog for me and flame away. I am not sure if I have typos, am rambling, or whatever, but I am not about to re-read what I wrote. So, hopefully I have made a some sense, but who knows.Goodnight and enjoy the rest of the holiday season.TCTC

TCTC,take it from a "smart" guy, you wrote absolutely nothing that 99% of us don't already know.Like most forum posters you think your diatribes are worth reading.We're just having fun and the good threads get proper discussions, more often than not.

Hey there,Let me first say that I hope everyone had a great holiday. Then let me say this is going to be a long, long, long post.I can't believe I am going to engage in a flame war with some of you, but I just can't help myself. Some of the stuff I read in this thread is just disguting. Some of it is a total disgrace.Since I know it will be coming from some of the "smart" posters on here, let me say please feel free to flame away at me. Not that you need my permission. When I say "smart", I am referring to the posters with the quick and witty replies that offer nothing of substance.I am sure you can get me with the "newbie" stuff since I don't post alot. I am not part of the "cool" clique on here and I am not one of the "smart" guys.Let me first answer the OP. I think he should've made a smaller raise to try to get a few more million out of the hand, but I also don't think it really mattered much. To those few posters that don't think Cunningham is good, all I can say is you are nuts. Maybe you should play with the guy a little before just spouting about the way that he plays. I played with Cunningham nearly everyday when he was 19 or 20 and just starting out in the PL game at Hollywood Park back in '97 or so and I have played with him many times since then and I can tell you without a doubt that even at 19 or 20 you knew you were looking at a future poker great. What I don't understand about this forum is when some of you "samrt" posters flame certain players that you know absolutely nothing about. Then when someone tries to challenge you on your point of view instead of having a real debate that can be meaningful, some of you "smart" people just resort to flaming and total nonsense to try to appear witty.The OP started a topic and some of the "smart" posters in this thread go off on the guy and try to impress the rest of us with your creative comments. Who cares that this topic was already discussed? So what!!!!!!! He is not adding to the clutter of this forum, the ones adding to the clutter are the "smart" guys that respond with useless flames. The easiest way not to clutter the forum is to simply ignore the OP and then it goes away.Instead the rest of us are forced to read through page after page of useless BS because the "smart" guys want to out-do each other with their brilliant quips.Also, as far as some of you "smart" guys asking a poster what a "monkely" is and other BS, how about you give it a rest. You knew what he meant. I mean how pathetic do you have to be to flame a guy for typos and/or a lack of proper grammar? This is where the clutter comes from, it comes from a small percentage of you "smart" guys making the rest of us go through page after page of your BS to read something worthwhile.I have been a reader of this forum since it started, but I rarely post and this is part of thereason why. I can promise you that I can add value to this forum. Read my other posts, there aren't that many, but at least I have tried to add something when I do decide to post. I can also promise you that there are many more people that read this forum and can add value, but don't for the same reasons that I don't. A small percentage of you "smart" guys with the: "use the search function", "learn to spell", "try using proper grammar", "there is another thread on this, stop wasting our time", starting another topic thats been discussed is cluttering up this forum", and blah blah blah. You guys are the clutter on this forum, not the OP.There where a few posters in this thread that actually got "it". They just add decent comments without sarcasm which is what this forum should be about and often is at times. To the "smart" guys in this thread, how about you just ignore threads like these instead of wasting your time and ours by "cluttering" up this forum with worthless replies. Just move on so the rest of us don't have to go through a bunch of pages of BS before we get to anything with any substance.I have more to say but I am tired and going to bed. Perhaps I had to much spiked eggnog and shouldn't have said anything. Its just that this forum has so much potential if a certain group of posters just stop with the BS and adding useless comments. Simply ignore the topic and move on. The OP did nothing wrong, but then several guys had to make their usual witty comments so the rest of us waste our time having to read them.Anyway no more eggnog for me and flame away. I am not sure if I have typos, am rambling, or whatever, but I am not about to re-read what I wrote. So, hopefully I have made a some sense, but who knows.Goodnight and enjoy the rest of the holiday season.TCTC
I don't really feel that I need to address every point that you make, but I have to disagree with a couple, and agree with most of what you have to say.As a pseudo smart guy, I think you are wrong about forum clutter. My point, which I feel the OP missed was this. If the OP had spent twenty seconds searching for the 3+ threads that already discuss this hand, then he would have been brought to the thread where lots of actual content and useful, insightful, meaningful discussions had taken place. Instead, he made his own thread out of nothing more than sheer laziness, which is what invited people like myself to call him out on.Answer me this. What clutters this forum more? Let's take an exaggerated example of 10+ threads about one topic, be it JG is a donkey, online poker is rigged, DN is a hack, etc. Then, let's take my example, where people actually spend the very little time it takes to search and see if a topic has been posted before, and go and bump that topic, or look at the posts there and then post a comment, rather than making a new thread? Like I said, the more lazy bastards who make repeat threads every other day are much more of a detriment to this forum than "smart" guys posting flames.I have absolutely no problem with your post or your criticism, but like you said, you don't post here often enough to realize how many repeat and useless threads are made on an almost daily basis.Responding to the part of your post where you say that you are engaging and / or expecting flames, I think you are a little off base. You come here and make a thoughtful post with criticism, negative that it is, I don't understand how you would think that you would get flamed by us regular genpop posters. I'm not going to sit here and flame you, regardless of whether or not I agree or disagree with you and your viewpoint.Then when someone tries to challenge you on your point of view instead of having a real debate that can be meaningful, some of you "smart" people just resort to flaming and total nonsense to try to appear witty.The OP started a topic and some of the "smart" posters in this thread go off on the guy and try to impress the rest of us with your creative comments. Let me say that I completely disagree with this statement. You assume that we (read: I) disagree with the OP's statement. It doesn't matter what my view point on the subject is. My point is, that this topic has been discussed at length before, and the fact that the OP made a new topic does two things: It clutters the forum with useless threads and posts that are not needed, and it also doesn't lend much discussion to the OP's original question. Again, this topic has been discussed at length before, and the OP would get much better responses and much better discussion if he spent the little time to search for the original thread, or the four other threads made since then. Another example is the recent threads in regard to Britney Spears and her vag shots. As soon as a repeat thread got posted, it got locked down, which is what should be happening to these. I feel the reason they don't get locked down is because our mods are busy enough babysitting idiots like JMoney/Thecorporation, TopDollar/IveyWannaBe/TopDollarisback to be able to do a good job to be able to moderate useless threads. If we all did our part and actually spent a little time researching or searching to see if a topic has been posted before, it would make for a better community, a cleaner forum, and less absolutely meaningless work for the few mods that we have, who (keep in mind) don't make a single cent for the hard work they provide.I realize that there are posters here who disagree, and to those people, I would like to hear your reasoning. Yeah, there are lots of flame posts in general, but there are much more useless posts as well.Again TCTC, I don't mean to flame or be disrespectful, but I think there are several points in your post with which I disagree, and I think I have addressed those for the most part. I encourage you to respond if you disagree, but again, I don't think you are seeing things from this point of view.We can agree to disagree as well.Happy Holidays.
TCTC,take it from a "smart" guy, you wrote absolutely nothing that 99% of us don't already know.Like most forum posters you think your diatribes are worth reading.We're just having fun and the good threads get proper discussions, more often than not.
QFT.

TCTC, elaborate on what made AC look like a "poker great?" I'm at that age right now and am kinda curious. Yes this is a serious question.

okkkkk, so about the hand: Gold missed the value bet on the turn. AC most likely bets that flop with an ace or a draw, Gold checking with position on the turn seems suspicious considering his aggressive play all around. He should've spread that overbet on to two different streets.

TCTC, elaborate on what made AC look like a "poker great?" I'm at that age right now and am kinda curious. Yes this is a serious question.
hendonmob all time tournament money list... 6th United States Allen Cunningham $ 8,426,997Add to that his obvious cash game skills, and what again are you questioning? This is a serious question too.
hendonmob all time tournament money list... 6th United States Allen Cunningham $ 8,426,997Add to that his obvious cash game skills, and what again are you questioning? This is a serious question too.
Read his post about playing with Allen when he was 19-20. Or should I quote it for you?
Read his post about playing with Allen when he was 19-20. Or should I quote it for you?
My fault. I thought you were disagreeing with his statement that AC was a poker great, not that you are in agreement.
Obviously, I couldn't agree more. It's like I said before, the reason I'm a better than average NLH player is I talk to my former roommated about poker four times a week. We discuss, argue and debate certain plays. We both absolutely are better players because of this. But I want other opinons and I thought a good place to get those other opinions is a poker forum. There are obviously people on this forum with more success than myself so I was really hoping this would be a good place. It can be, but because of the "smart" people, we're all a little dumber.

About Allen Cunningham being great. I personally think it's more than obvious he is. But I have no problem with anyone saying he's just good or better than average. Most of us have never played one hand with him so it's hard to tell. I can tell you one thing, watching his final table appearence on tv tells me he's not. But watching it live for 8 or so hours that he played told me a different story. So it's hard to tell from just TV.

About Allen Cunningham being great. I personally think it's more than obvious he is. But I have no problem with anyone saying he's just good or better than average. Most of us have never played one hand with him so it's hard to tell. I can tell you one thing, watching his final table appearence on tv tells me he's not. But watching it live for 8 or so hours that he played told me a different story. So it's hard to tell from just TV.
Respectfully disagree. He played all but perfectly at the final table on TV. Reading Jamie Gold to the 52 (turned gutshot) was genius.
Respectfully disagree. He played all but perfectly at the final table on TV. Reading Jamie Gold to the 52 (turned gutshot) was genius.
Yeah but he let Gold get there. He had top pair (J) and an 8 kicker and either checked or bet small. But what gets me is I've read somewhere that Gold was kind of dissing Cunningham. Cunningham was the only player who figured out what Gold had when he talked!
Obviously, I couldn't agree more. It's like I said before, the reason I'm a better than average NLH player is I talk to my former roommated about poker four times a week. We discuss, argue and debate certain plays. We both absolutely are better players because of this. But I want other opinons and I thought a good place to get those other opinions is a poker forum. There are obviously people on this forum with more success than myself so I was really hoping this would be a good place. It can be, but because of the "smart" people, we're all a little dumber.
Have you heard of the strat forum. Obviously if you bring yout BS into general your going to get flamed.
Have you heard of the strat forum. Obviously if you bring yout BS into general your going to get flamed.
What is the strat forum?
My fault. I thought you were disagreeing with his statement that AC was a poker great, not that you are in agreement.
S'all good, I'm just curious as to what made him amazing at that time. Was it just "it" that some people have or just "don't?" Or was there something else?
A little frusterated because I'm at work for 16 hours today. Damn heethan catholics wont work on Christmas!
Time out Cunningham not a great player. Who is a great player then? YOu have got to be kidding! Wasn't he the WSOP player of the year? My goodness ignorance is bliss!
S'all good, I'm just curious as to what made him amazing at that time. Was it just "it" that some people have or just "don't?" Or was there something else?
He's Allan Cunningham dammitt!! Sorry, I was having a Norman Chad moment.