Giving Props To Joe Hachem

ive slowly grown to appreciate how good this guy really is, he can make plays, he can lay down huge hands pre flop (ie Ak suited when he could easily afford the all in call and the guy had AA, or the countless times hes laid down KK and QQ) He has proven to be the best winner of the WSOP since Juan Carlos Mortensen, and Jesus.AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OI OI OICongrats Joesph Hachem

ive slowly grown to appreciate how good this guy really is, he can make plays, he can lay down huge hands pre flop (ie Ak suited when he could easily afford the all in call and the guy had AA, or the countless times hes laid down KK and QQ) He has proven to be the best winner of the WSOP since Juan Carlos Mortensen, and Jesus.AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OI OI OICongrats Joesph Hachem
you had better be an australian. i hate when people from other countries use our chant.and as far as being a great player well... he is. he is also a nice guy but i think that he can be a prick at times.
you had better be an australian. i hate when people from other countries use our chant.and as far as being a great player well... he is. he is also a nice guy but i think that he can be a prick at times.
QFMFT

yeah it's true, aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi is our chant and only our chant. lol. it's come to be a 'sporting anthem' over the years lol... but yeah well done hachem, played well to win it, goes to show he ain't no fluke... would have been a good HU match up between him and negreanu too bad it didn't happen. would have liked to see it.

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi is embarrassing and should have been left at the 2000 olympics. As for JH, the guy obviously has game.

Agreed. Hacem aint a fluke thats for sure. He been doin great this year. Hes also nice to watch play. Hachem is good.Too bad DN and him didnt get heads up. now that wouldv been SWEET!

I think Hachem proved that he wasnt a fluke in the WSOP. This is just further proof.
I think that Hachem's been proving it all year long. Final table at a Circuit Event, and 2 Final Tabless at the World Series this year. Couple those with this win, and he's had a great year. Also his losses in those WSOP events were sick! He deserved to win at least one of those three WSOP events that he made to the FT.

Hachem definitely played a good final table. Especially during 3 handed where I think he stole a lot of blinds and antes.Funny moment at the final table. Linda Johnson was introducing Hachem's wife and cousin to the audience and said, "Good thing those aussie boys aren't here with the 'Aussie aussie aussie, oy oy oy' crap."Good thing Hachem took the joke affably.

yeah it's true, aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi is our chant and only our chant. lol. it's come to be a 'sporting anthem' over the years lol... but yeah well done hachem, played well to win it, goes to show he ain't no fluke... would have been a good HU match up between him and negreanu too bad it didn't happen. would have liked to see it.
Im pretty sure you Aussie fans didnt want Hachem HU with negreanu. I give Negreanu quite a bit of edge in that battle. I think Joe is lucky he didnt have to face Negreanu HU. He is a great player but until he wins MULTIPLE (7 or more) tournaments, he wont be favored going up against the likes of poker's elite. I give Hachem another two or three years and we should see him in the coversation with those like Negreanu, Cunningham, and Ivey.
Im pretty sure you Aussie fans didnt want Hachem HU with negreanu. I give Negreanu quite a bit of edge in that battle. I think Joe is lucky he didnt have to face Negreanu HU. He is a great player but until he wins MULTIPLE (7 or more) tournaments, he wont be favored going up against the likes of poker's elite. I give Hachem another two or three years and we should see him in the coversation with those like Negreanu, Cunningham, and Ivey.
What does him winning multiple tournaments have to do with how good he is? Like Raymer said, he's the same player before and after winning the WSOP. Success doesn't change who you are as a player.
7 or more???? Can you please provide me a list of people who have won seven tournaments with top prizes greater than $1M? Your standards are absurd.
LOL at someone winning 7 $10k tournaments.
What does him winning multiple tournaments have to do with how good he is? Like Raymer said, he's the same player before and after winning the WSOP. Success doesn't change who you are as a player.
While I agree that the top post is ridiculous, I have to disagree a little with zimmer's post. Success can certainly change who you are as a player by giving you the confidence you need to take your game to the next level. Just look at what Daniel's new-found confidence has done for his game already.

First of all, why does the prize need to be over $1M for it to qualify? If the event is a major Tournament Championship it shouldnt matter the prize pool. Naturally the larger events will have a larger pool. Secondly, as requested, here is a list of players and their major tournament wins of 7 or more. These are just the major events. The total in () next to the players name is the total number of 1st place finishes overall.Daniel Negreanu (22):2 WPT Titles3 WSOP Bracelets1 1999 US Poker Championship1 2004 Championship Poker at the Plaza1 2006 Jack Binion's WSOP Circuit EventPhil Ivey (15):5 WSOP Bracelets1 2004 Championship Poker at Turning Stone1 2005 Monte Carlo MillionsPhil Hellmuth (19):10 WSOP Bracelets1 2005 National HU ChampionshipHonorable Mention (1 win away from having 7):John Juanda (20):3 WSOP Bracelets1 2006 Crown Australian Poker Championship1 2001 Jack Binions World Poker Open Championship1 PPT NL Holdem $500,000 freeroll**I consider this a huge accomplishment even though it was a freeroll considering the field.This is what I mean. These guys have made huge accomplishments in the world of poker and that is why Hachem cant be clumped in with them. Ill say it again, in two or three years after Hachem racks up some good wins maybe we can start considering him ELITE. But for right now he is not. Its amazing how much explanation has to go into something like this considering you guys are supposed to have a grasp on the poker world. Just because someone wins the main event and then follows it with a nice run doesnt make him poker ELITE. It simply makes him a great player with LOTS of potential on the circuit, but until he racks up 7+ wins I dont see him in that group quite yet. And for those that disagree, the numbers dont lie......and neither does Jessica Albas Hips! :club:

I think its great that Hachem is doing good. Its nice seeing an unknown win it such as Hachem or Moneymaker, but if they tail off after the Main Event, such as Moneymaker or Varkonyi, it just takes away from it all. Hachem seems like a really likeable guy, and I really don't see him as being condescending or cocky, just seems like dry humor to me. I love his no commercial where it says something to the effect of "don't blink, don't flinch..etc...or... You're mine. PASS THE SUGAH.

First of all, why does the prize need to be over $1M for it to qualify? If the event is a major Tournament Championship it shouldnt matter the prize pool. Naturally the larger events will have a larger pool. Secondly, as requested, here is a list of players and their major tournament wins of 7 or more. These are just the major events. The total in () next to the players name is the total number of 1st place finishes overall.Daniel Negreanu (22):2 WPT Titles3 WSOP Bracelets1 1999 US Poker Championship1 2004 Championship Poker at the Plaza1 2006 Jack Binion's WSOP Circuit EventPhil Ivey (15):5 WSOP Bracelets1 2004 Championship Poker at Turning Stone1 2005 Monte Carlo MillionsPhil Hellmuth (19):10 WSOP Bracelets1 2005 National HU ChampionshipHonorable Mention (1 win away from having 7):John Juanda (20):3 WSOP Bracelets1 2006 Crown Australian Poker Championship1 2001 Jack Binions World Poker Open Championship1 PPT NL Holdem $500,000 freeroll**I consider this a huge accomplishment even though it was a freeroll considering the field.This is what I mean. These guys have made huge accomplishments in the world of poker and that is why Hachem cant be clumped in with them. Ill say it again, in two or three years after Hachem racks up some good wins maybe we can start considering him ELITE. But for right now he is not. Its amazing how much explanation has to go into something like this considering you guys are supposed to have a grasp on the poker world. Just because someone wins the main event and then follows it with a nice run doesnt make him poker ELITE. It simply makes him a great player with LOTS of potential on the circuit, but until he racks up 7+ wins I dont see him in that group quite yet. And for those that disagree, the numbers dont lie......and neither does Jessica Albas Hips! :club:
I agree he cant be considered in the poker elite catagory yet, but that doesn't mean he'd be an underdog to Negreanu heads up either. I personally think Hachem is one of the best in the world RIGHT now. It's kinda like Pujols...not a Hall of Famer, but certainly on his way. Negreanu vs. Hachem would have been great, because of their contrasting styles. I think D.N. would have won if Hachem was card dead, but lost if Hachem had cards. Negreanu doesn't need cards.