Daniel At 5 Diamond Tournament Final Table Update Thread

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is good. DN is an especially sick deepstack / big chip leader player.
:club: Be the shortstack master DN!

I can't wait to hear from Daniel on what happened. It seemed like he was picking up chips smoothly without having to risk his tournament life(his original strategy), then all of a sudden he caught a bad beat and started playing a little reckless.But what do I know, I'm just guessing that's what happened from reading the various update blogs. Daniel only knows for sure.

This is the hand I'm wondering about...Daniel Negreanu raises to $20,000 preflop and it is folded around to Seat 3, the little blind. Seat 3 reraises to $69,000 total and Negreanu calls. The flop is Qspade3spade3club and they both check. The turn is the Jclub and Negreanu checks. Seat 3 bets $70,000 and Negreanu calls. The river is the Kdiamond and Seat 3 bets $100,000. Negreanu folds and Seat 3 collects the massive pot.

I can't wait to hear from Daniel on what happened. It seemed like he was picking up chips smoothly without having to risk his tournament life(his original strategy), then all of a sudden he caught a bad beat and started playing a little reckless.
Not exactly.He lost 2 big pots where he had 2 pr. First one opponent flopped flush and DN had bottom 2. 2nd one opponent was drawing for nut flush and caught a higher 2 pr. on the turn. Doesn't seem reckless to me.
This is the hand I'm wondering about...Daniel Negreanu raises to $20,000 preflop and it is folded around to Seat 3, the little blind. Seat 3 reraises to $69,000 total and Negreanu calls. The flop is Qspade3spade3club and they both check. The turn is the Jclub and Negreanu checks. Seat 3 bets $70,000 and Negreanu calls. The river is the Kdiamond and Seat 3 bets $100,000. Negreanu folds and Seat 3 collects the massive pot.
AA. Kid had QQ. When he bet the King I knew AA couldn't be good... the other two pots I lost where hands where I flopped two pair. Both hands I lost what I had to lose.
If I would have seen that when I got home I would have seriously considered murdering you. Are you insane?????? You just don't do that dude? Ever heard of Tivo!
I'm up there on the insane level, but not to worry everything is ok - I apologize :club:

Daniels Bog said he wasnt trying to double up today just win small pots...but, like 20 mins in. He doubles up...now I gotta feeling he's gonna make a serious run today.

Off to a quick start:Mon Dec 18 12:23:00 PST 2006Daniel Negreanu Doubles UpDaniel Negreanu raises $75,000 from the button and Marco Johnson moves all in from the big blind. Negreanu pushes for his last $105,000, calling all in. Johnson shows the Adiamond10heart and Negreanu turns over AheartJheart. The board brings the Aspade4diamond3diamond3spade2club and Negreanu doubles.Mon Dec 18 12:22:00 PST 2006David Oppenheim Eliminated 33rdDavid Oppenheim pushes all in for $136,000 from middle position and Daniel Negreanu makes the call with KclubKdiamond. Oppenheim flips over 2spade2heart. The board comes the QclubJclub10heart7spade9heart eliminating David Oppenheim in 33rd place.

Off to a quick start:Mon Dec 18 12:23:00 PST 2006Daniel Negreanu Doubles UpDaniel Negreanu raises $75,000 from the button and Marco Johnson moves all in from the big blind. Negreanu pushes for his last $105,000, calling all in. Johnson shows the Adiamond10heart and Negreanu turns over AheartJheart. The board brings the Aspade4diamond3diamond3spade2club and Negreanu doubles.Mon Dec 18 12:22:00 PST 2006David Oppenheim Eliminated 33rdDavid Oppenheim pushes all in for $136,000 from middle position and Daniel Negreanu makes the call with KclubKdiamond. Oppenheim flips over 2spade2heart. The board comes the QclubJclub10heart7spade9heart eliminating David Oppenheim in 33rd place.
Awesome!Looks like he took my "life support" comment as a challenge.I take all credit for his come back in progress.Seriously, GL!