Best Player In The Nba

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KOBE BRYANT...no doubt. He can single handedly(¿) win any game. This year Lamar Odom's stepping up his game so the Lakers should make another unexpected playoff run.
I think I saw this post last year... and the year before.. and the year before.Meanwhile Shaq got a 4th ring, so how did Kobe not singlehandedly win the championship if he is as good as you say?There are a lot of players I would take over Kobe if starting a team from scratch, he isn't a good teammate. The way he pussed out in the playoffs last year proved it.

There is only one guy who carried a team on his back to a championship within the last few years.That guy is Dwayne Wade, the best player and best teammate in the NBA.

It's really close between Lebron and Wade. If I had to pick one player right now for the rest of the season, I'm not sure which one I'd pick, but I would easily pick one of those 2 over Kobe. Dirk, Nash, and Duncan are also up there, but I still think Lebron and Wade are way ahead of everyone else.

Lamar Odom isn't stepping up his game. He's playing his same, consistent game from years past. The only difference is, his averages are up from last season because of the time Kobe missed. Andrew Bynum and Luke Walton are stepping up their games, not Odom.

Lamar Odom isn't stepping up his game. He's playing his same, consistent game from years past. The only difference is, his averages are up from last season because of the time Kobe missed. Andrew Bynum and Luke Walton are stepping up their games, not Odom.
I agree.Kobe's shot attemps so far are way lower than they were last year. As a result, the other guys are getting more involved in the offense. Odoms just doing what he's always done. He's just getting the ball more. Walton and Bynum both improved since last year and are getting a chance to show it.Thats basically whats happening...so far. Kobe had surgery on his knee. He only missed a couple of games. When he did get back he was passing much more than he did last year, and his teammates performed well. IMO, they are a much better team when that happens. It looks like that might be temporary and Kobe was just slowly working his way back. His shot attempts have risen sharply over the last few games and are much more like last years numbers.It's a much better team this year. Hopefully he'll realize that he doesnt have to do what he did last year, but I'm not holding my breath.
It's really close between Lebron and Wade. If I had to pick one player right now for the rest of the season, I'm not sure which one I'd pick, but I would easily pick one of those 2 over Kobe. Dirk, Nash, and Duncan are also up there, but I still think Lebron and Wade are way ahead of everyone else.
This is a much more interesting discussion. Though I think I'd take Duncan out of your equation right now and put in Garnett, Tim's health has been spotty the last few years.I'd lean to Wade, while Lebron probably is a little more talented I like that Wade had to work hard from high school through college and into the pros to earn where he got while Lebron had a lot just handed to him on a silver platter. Wade has something intangible about him, you could see it in the finals in games 3-6, the kid is a winner.

There needs to be a poll in this thread. My vote for best player goes to Kobe. Most Valuable... (and why he has been winning it) goes to Nash. He turns no name players into superstars.

Kobe.vs Wade. Kobes Defense and rebounding puts him over the top. Kobes gets as many assists and points. But better rebounder and clearly the better defender.vs LeBron. Kobes Defense and shooting puts him over the top. LeBron is going to the best, but right now he can't guard anyone. Also he can't really shoot yet. He's a scorer and alot of that is just running down the lane and dunking since he's so huge.vs Duncan. Can't really compare these too effectively. Duncan is insanely consistent, he always has great numbers and plays within the system. But he doesn't seem to take over, but.. he doesn't have to on that team. I can't say anything bad about Duncan.. The best big man IMO (Since shaq is older and dwight howard doesn't have any scoring moves yet.)

When he plays like he did last night, Steve Nash is the best player in the NBA. But on a consistent, night-in-night-out basis, the edge has to go to Lebron, Kobe, and Dwyane. If the MVP award were based solely on the most talented player, Nash wouldn't have won either year -- and even in its current form, I don't agree with Nash winning it last year. But last night was sick.

This is a much more interesting discussion. Though I think I'd take Duncan out of your equation right now and put in Garnett, Tim's health has been spotty the last few years.I'd lean to Wade, while Lebron probably is a little more talented I like that Wade had to work hard from high school through college and into the pros to earn where he got while Lebron had a lot just handed to him on a silver platter. Wade has something intangible about him, you could see it in the finals in games 3-6, the kid is a winner.
the bolded section is the end of this debate. (until Lebron wins a championship, then the debate can open again)
the bolded section is the end of this debate. (until Lebron wins a championship, then the debate can open again)
I agree there is something about Wade. He does have that winners attitude, and I'd probably take him over Lebron for the rest of the year. But I dont think Lebron has to win a title for the debate to re-open. From top to botttom, Wade's team was just better than Lebrons last year. Wade did have Shaq after all.
I agree there is something about Wade. He does have that winners attitude, and I'd probably take him over Lebron for the rest of the year. But I dont think Lebron has to win a title for the debate to re-open. From top to botttom, Wade's team was just better than Lebrons last year. Wade did have Shaq after all.
Shaq isn't that impressive, I think Alonzo's play was nearly more consistent than Shaqs. All things considered, I actually like LeBron's team better than Wade's, most because of age.
Shaq isn't that impressive, I think Alonzo's play was nearly more consistent than Shaqs. All things considered, I actually like LeBron's team better than Wade's, most because of age.
Well last year Shaq did average 20 pts and 9 boards. More importantly he was still commanding double teams. That's way better than guy Lebron had last year.I do agree that this year Lebrons team is looking better. Shaq being out is a big part of that. If Shaq was healthy, I'm not really sure who's better, but the Heat are looking really old and unmotivated. And considering Shaqs age, his injury is very serious. There's no telling what he'll be like when he gets back, and he was already in decline before the injury.
  • 3 weeks later...
GILBERT ARENASschooled Kobe and Nash on their home courtsI swear he'll be MVP this year
Does Arenas pay you to come here and be his shill?Who won that game against the Suns?Gilbert has as much chance of being MVP this year as I do. The MVP is coming out of the western conference this year because it is by far the tougher conference and taking your team to a winning record there is far more impressive than in the east where you have teams with losing records leading their divisions.
  • 2 weeks later...

If this thead is going to turn into an MVP debate, that's a much more intersting topic. The Steve Nash debate really deserves its own thread.Do NOT underestimate Nowitzki for this years MVP. He was 3rd in the voting last year, but that was before people saw him elevate his game in the playoffs and take his team to the finals. His team is likely to have one of the 2 best records in basketball this year, and he is a superstar player. I could easily see him winning it.Wade will be an intersting case this year. His biggest help will be that voters drastically underestimated him last year despite his numbers and team record. He didnt get any first place votes last year! After the voters snubbed him, he carried his team to an NBA title. I think voters feel a little silly about that, and he will surely get more votes this year even though his team will have a worse record.