What John Kerry Really Feels About The Military.

Seriously, who is proof reading or writing Kerry's speeches? The comment he made is of course being taken totally out of context, and the Republicans should not being jumping all over it. They know what he meant. The problem is the comment was made in the first place and gave the Republicans a chance to twist it around. What ticks me off is that the Dems are still making careless mistakes like this. It doesnt matter what he meant. You just cant keep lobbing grapefruits down the middle to these guys. They are going to take every mistake they make, no matter how small, and twist it around into the unlitmate evil. You would think the Democrats knew this by now. Who ever wrote that comment deserves to be fired.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it was clearly a botched joke...poor timing nonetheless... if I was there I would've thrown a rotten tomato at him and then cursed him for giving Republicans unnecessary last minute ammunition.he should've known the media was going to spew out that sound bite regardless of what he meant ..... just foolish

Seriously, who is proof reading or writing Kerry's speeches? The comment he made is of course being taken totally out of context, and the Republicans should not being jumping all over it. They know what he meant. The problem is the comment was made in the first place and gave the Republicans a chance to twist it around. What ticks me off is that the Dems are still making careless mistakes like this. It doesnt matter what he meant. You just cant keep lobbing grapefruits down the middle to these guys. They are going to take every mistake they make, no matter how small, and twist it around into the unlitmate evil. You would think the Democrats knew this by now. Who ever wrote that comment deserves to be fired.
exactly it's just what these morons needed to rally their mindless troops at home
we wouldn't live in a country where people securely possess all their God-given rights, including the right to express insensitive, ill-considered and uninformed remarks.
When did we get that right back?http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/loca...5039230,00.html
Attorney David Lane said that on June 16, Steve Howards was walking his 7-year-old son to a piano practice, when he saw Cheney surrounded by a group of people in an outdoor mall area, shaking hands and posing for pictures with several people.According to the lawsuit filed at U.S. District Court in Denver, Howards and his son walked to about two-to-three feet from where Cheney was standing, and said to the vice president, "I think your policies in Iraq are reprehensible," or words to that effect, then walked on.Ten minutes later, according to Howards' lawsuit, he and his son were walking back through the same area, when they were approached by Secret Service agent Virgil D. "Gus" Reichle Jr., who asked Howards if he had "assaulted" the vice president. Howards denied doing so, but was nonetheless placed in handcuffs and taken to the Eagle County Jail.
What I was getting at, the average guy that make $45k a year has a supremely difficult time (at least where I live) trying to buy a home in a decent neighborhood.I'm not blaming the administration for that, I'm just saying, the average man is getting priced out of this country. I can't speak for other countries.
I hear you can get a nice 5 BR place for around 100K in Idaho.
- plus I think Clinton had moral issues with Nam -
the guy got head in the oval office, what moral issues did he have with Nam?
the guy got head in the oval office, what moral issues did he have with Nam?
I don't know about you, but some people consider the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people and the total destruction of a country to be slightly more worse than getting a blow job. That could be just me, though. I like it when people keep things in proper perspective.

And...Kerry was wrong as well....The conclusion of the in-depth study by Dr. Kane, Director of the Center for International Trade and Economics at the Heritage Foundation: "The current findings show that the demographic characteristics of volunteers have continued to show signs of higher, not lower, quality.” # The findings include: The high school graduation rate of 2005 military recruits, 96.72, is higher than the rate for the general population, 79.8 percent. # The mean reading level of 2004 recruits is a full grade level higher than that of the comparable youth population. # The percent of recruits who scored in the top percentile of the Armed Forces Qualifying Test, the standardized test administered to determine eligibility for service, rose from 5.63 percent in 2003 to 6.43 percent in 2005. # In 2004, 92.1 percent of those who became active-duty officers held a baccalaureate degree or higher. # From 2000 to 2005, between 35 percent and 45 percent of active-duty officers held advanced degrees. # As for income levels of recruits, the percentage from the poorest U.S. neighborhoods, with one-fifth of the population, declined from 18 percent in 1999 to 13.7 in 2005. # The median household income of recruits in 2005 was higher than in 1999 and higher than the national median, indicating that more recent recruits "come from even wealthier areas than their peers” who enlisted in 1999, according to the study. # The percentage of 2005 recruits with household incomes between $52,071 and $200,000, 22.85 percent, is higher than for the U.S. population ages 18 to 24, 20.02 percent. # African-Americans comprised a smaller percentage of Army recruits in 2005 than their percentage of the overall U.S. population. The same was true for Hispanics.

I don't know about you, but some people consider the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people and the total destruction of a country to be slightly more worse than getting a blow job. That could be just me, though. I like it when people keep things in proper perspective.
Oh I agree, getting head isn't comparable to killing millions. However, he didn't just get head. He also stuck a cigar up her vag. I think that is exactly the sort of thing our government should spend all of its time investigating.
Heritage Foundation Article
Bill Kristol calls the Heritage Foundation the most conservative prominent think tank in townWould rather see some stats/analysis from a non-partisan source
Bill Kristol calls the Heritage Foundation the most conservative prominent think tank in townWould rather see some stats/analysis from a non-partisan source
Those numbers are numbers.So if Daniel says that folding TT to a re-raise was the right decision...you disagree because he is lag?The numbers are the numbers are the numbers.
Those numbers are numbers.So if Daniel says that folding TT to a re-raise was the right decision...you disagree because he is lag?The numbers are the numbers are the numbers.
I'm saying that they could have cherry picked the info that they released (i.e. not publish any numbers that make the opposite case or selected certain periods which supported their position). Article from recent Reuters article below from three weeks agoWASHINGTON, Oct 10 (Reuters) - The Pentagon on Tuesday defended the quality of recruits entering the military even as the Army accepted older enlistees and more with past criminal problems, no high school diplomas and lower aptitude marks."I don't think they're lesser-quality recruits," David Chu, U.S. under secretary of defense for personnel and readiness, told a Pentagon briefing.The active-duty Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines all made their recruiting goals in fiscal 2006, which ended Sept. 30, in a year when the ongoing Iraq war helped make recruiting for the ground forces especially difficult.Four of the six reserve components of the military -- the Army Reserve, the Army National Guard, the Navy Reserve and the Air National Guard -- missed their 2006 goals. The Army Reserve and National Guard, which have sent tens of thousands of their part-time soldiers into the 3-1/2-year-old Iraq war, also missed their goals last year.This year, the Army Reserve missed its goal by 5 percentage points and the Army National Guard by 1 percentage point.There have been 2,745 U.S. military deaths in the Iraq war, the Pentagon said.The active-duty Army exceeded its 2006 goal of 80,000 recruits by 635 after missing by almost 7,000 its 2005 target, which also was 80,000. The Army improved its fortunes by using more recruiters and offering richer enlistment bonuses, but also took steps some experts believe could undermine the quality of the force.About 13,600 regular Army recruits -- 17 percent -- were accepted with waivers for past criminal conduct, drug or alcohol abuse or medical issues such as obesity. That compares to 11,018 such waivers last year, and 7,640 in 2001.The Army said most recruits given "moral character" waivers had committed misdemeanors. It said it does not grant waivers for violent sex crimes or drug dealing.HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMASOnly 81 percent of new Army recruits had a high school diploma, lagging a goal of 90 percent, said Maj. Gen. Thomas Bostick, Army Recruiting Command chief. Last year, 87 percent of recruits had a high school diploma.The Army accepted 2,650 recruits who scored in the lowest permissible category -- from the 10th to 30th percentile -- in a standardized aptitude test. The Army last year doubled the percentage of recruits it is willing to accept from this category.The Army also increased the maximum age of enlistment by seven years, up to one's 42nd birthday, this year and accepted about 650 recruits between ages 35 and 41."There are clear indications that they're lowering standards of recruitment," said retired Army Col. Andrew Bacevich, a military expert at Boston University.By accepting more recruits who previously might have been rejected, the military is creating more of a risk of wartime misconduct by U.S. troops, said defense analyst Charles Pena of the Independent Institute think tank."We can't afford any more Abu Ghraibs," Pena said, referring to the prisoner abuse scandal.Military officials brushed off these concerns. "I'm not at all concerned about the quality of this Army," Bostick said.
The numbers are the numbers are the numbers.
No. Numbers can be skewed.
As a whole..the military is more "educated" than the american public at large.
that ain't sayin much.
gobears, the part you posted about the High School diploma supports the study.As a whole..the military is more "educated" than the american public at large.
your article said 96.72%, gobears' article said 81%.yes, they both happen to be higher than overall for the US, but there is such a huge differential that the overall validity of both numbers is pretty questionable.if we lowered every other stat you gave by 16%, things wouldn't look so rosy.
your article said 96.72%, gobears' article said 81%.yes, they both happen to be higher than overall for the US, but there is such a huge differential that the overall validity of both numbers is pretty questionable.if we lowered every other stat you gave by 16%, things wouldn't look so rosy.
96.72% was for all military, 81% was for the Army.The Air Force and Navy do not take anyone without a HS diploma.

Don't know why I am bothering with this comment but I am bored and it will waste a couple minutes in between trying to work on that crappy puzzle game. Kerry is a ******. This is coming from a somewhat leaning towards Democrat kind of guy. But it is also just as lame, but not totally unexpected, for the other side to make a circus out of a botched joke. It doesn't take a redneck retarded republican to see that (just kidding, this is a play on a issue in the other topic). But what I find pathetic is that Kerry's ego is so undeservingly large that he can't even apologize without adding more fuel to the fire. He just can't say, "Hey, my comments came out the wrong way, I apologize if I offended anyone, and I don't think you are all dumb" But instead he lays out a backhanded apology and goes on the attack. Shut the fuck up and just deal with it. You said something dumb and got caught. Move on.