1. 1. Does this Offend You?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i just read through most of this thread, have u ever watched Mind of Mencia, his jokes are 10000times more racist then this is. come on, i think some ppl need to grow up..

I am offended that you don't like him! So what if he is not a true beaner and that his name is not really Carlos Mencia. Get over yourself and don't watch him. He makes me laugh and lots of other people too.So putting Greg Raymer's face onto Fat Bass Tard's body isn't a phony picture or offensive to anybody...in particular Greg Raymer? Don't get me wrong, I think it's funny, but goddam buddy. CHILL OUT NIGGALICIOUS.Ned Neiderlander?
I was kind of joking about the offensive part about Mencia. And I don't watch him at all after listening to a good chunk of his material, I really don't care if he's not hispanic, but it's usually a thing I like to point out. And about the point of him making you laugh and others, doesn't it occur to you that a good chunk of his material is stolen from other people? That part really angers me about him, because even though he's making you and others laugh, there is some other comedian who won't get credit for that joke and probably never will because Mancia will claim it as his. I know that a lot of comedian material is usually the same stuff, especially when it comes to racial jokes beceause we have all seen someone perform it somewhere. However, what makes the joke funny is how it is presented, and Carlos steals the jokes word for word from other comedians. Some of his material can be funny at times, I'll give him that, but I would personally like to watch the original comedians who made the jokes and support them instead of watching a supermarket version in Carlos Mencia in which he just gathers all the good parts of other material and presents them as his own. I just don't like you Mancia. Oh yeah....what was this topic about again?
*************************ok.... hmmmm.man I got a good one.Can I get a bannning clemency ? or amnesty or something?Ok... well without saying the word:Chinese and Black Man !! A Chinese man enters a bar to find a Black bartender. He says, "Hey n****r, give me a jigger." The Bartender responds, "That's terrible! How would you like it if I said something like that to you? In fact, let's just switch places. You get behind the bar and I'll come in as a customer." The Chinese man agrees and gets behind the bar. The Black man goes outside. Upon reentering, he says, "Hey c***k, give me a drink." To which the Chinese man answers, "Sorry, we don't serve n****rs here."
:club: I like that one

So......there's a Mexican, an African American, and a Caucasion waiting at a bus stop in New York city.<Enter Magic Genie somehow>Genie: I will give each of you one wish.Mexican: I wish for all the Mexicans in the world to live in peace and harmony and to be back in our homeland.Genie: Granted! <BOOM> and the Mexican dissapears.Genie: and you sir? (to the African American)African American: I too wish for all the African Americans to live in peace and harmony and for all of us to rejoice in our homeland of Africa!Genie: Granted!<BOOM> and the African American dissapears.Genie: and what would you like (to the caucasian)Caucasian: So let me get this straight...all the blacks are in Africa...Genie: uh huh.Caucasian: ...and all the Mexicans are in Mexico?Genie: yes sirCaucasian: well in that case...I'll have a diet Coke.

A bartender was washing the glasses, when an elderly Irishman came in. With great difficulty, the Irishman hoisted his bad leg over the barstool, pulled himself up painfully, and asked for a sip of Irish whiskey.The Irishman then looked towards the end of the bar and said, "Is that Jesus down there?"The bartender nodded, so the Irishman told him to give Jesus an Irish whiskey, too.The next patron to come in was an ailing Italian with a hunched back, who moved very slowly. He shuffled up to the barstool and asked for a glass of Chianti. He also looked down the bar and asked if it was Jesus sitting at the end of the bar. The bartender nodded, so the Italian said to give him a glass of Chianti, too.The third patron to enter the bar was a Scouser, who swaggered into the bar and yelled, "Barkeep', gis us a lager dere la! Hey, is dat dat God's Boy down dere?" The barkeeper nodded, so the Scouser told him to give Jesus a lager, too.As Jesus got up to leave, he walked over to the Irishman and touched him and said, "For your kindness, you are healed!"The Irishman felt the strength come back to his leg, so he got up and danced a jig out of the door. Jesus went up and touched the Italian and said, "For your kindness, you are healed!"The Italian then felt his back straighten, so he raised his hands above his head and did a flip out of the door. Jesus then walked towards the Scouser, butthe Scouser jumped back and exclaimed, "Don't you f**kin touch me! I'm on Disability!now thats funnyguess where i am from

Lock it up. Why? As has been noted, if DN had not posted this, it would likely have been locked up already. Even under a very conservative interpretation, this violates the FCP Forum Rules posted on 9/18:"General RulesAny post that contains offensive viewpoints towards any race, religion or sexual preference will not be tolerated."Clearly the offensiveness of this joke is in the eye of the reader, but it is obvious that it embodies insensitive views towards various ethnicities/races. The poker playing community is overwhelmingly white, therefore the original joke and the others that it spwaned invite us to laugh at others and feel good about ourselves. Humor should be a higher calling than that.I am sorry that Grinder has taken such abuse for making principled statements.

Of course those of us who are Jewish have less of a problem with that joke. According to the joke, we are practically fully-fledged white people.The joke invites Jews to laugh as well, because we come off better than the rest, and (in a sense) we win the joke.This does not change the essentially offensive nature of the joke.And, this thread repeatedly violates the FCP Forum Rules. In order for a rules based community to function, the rules must be enforced in a fair and uniform manner.Lock it up.

Whew, what a thread !I am one of the "yes" votes. I do not fall into one of the stereotyped groups and was not personally offended, but I can understand how some people may have been.I don't think the correct response to someone who is offended (by any joke) can be, "You need to lighten up and get a sense of humor." I think the correct response would be, "I'm sorry, I did not mean to offend you." You never know what someone else's background or life experiences have been.I'll be the first to admit, I chuckled at many of the jokes in here. I was thinking about the total UN politically correctness of the show Rescue Me even before it was referenced in this thread. I love that show. I think it makes fun of everyone equally and shows each of the characters flaws. If someone says they took offense to something said in that show (plenty of material to choose from there !), I think they have a right to that. I don't want Dennis Leary to change anything, but I think you know what you are getting when you watch that show.If FCP wants to have an offcolor joke thread in Off Topic those who want to avoid it can. I think there should be some consideration for those who don't appreciate being bombarded with offensive material in a poker forum. I happen to find a lot of the avatars here offensive. I wish FCP would censor some of that. Yes, I realize I'm in the minority on that one :club: , but the forum rules originally said that wouldn't be allowed. It would be nice to not have to collapse the screen when the kids stroll by.