Wpt: Borgata Open

Started with 25k in chips.1:58 Up to 32k. Call in BB with Q2d flops 222. I bet JC Tran raises, I reraise and he folds :(raise to 325 with 55. Tilly makes it 1k more from BB. raiser folds, I call. T 8 7 flop she bets 1500 I make it 2700 more she folds4 Limps I complete in sb with QJ JC bets 300 button calls I c/r to 900 JC calls button folds. turn 4 I bet 1650 he folds. 32k nowRaise to 600 with QQ. 2 callers. Flops 10 6 4 I bet 1150 guy raises to 2600 and gets a caller, I fold.Limp for 200 I make it 750 with kqh raise to 1700 limp folds I call miss flop and fold down to 26300mothet ****** I raise kk utg to 600 get 5 ****ing callers flops k76 2 clubs I bet get 2 callers turns 5c I check bet 1500, raise to 6k, I foldI limp early with a8d tilly calls jc makes it 1200 total I limp re raise 3500 more tilly folds he folds.No down to 16kAnd Im out. Get it in as a favorite then lose. Sick.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cool. why'd you re raise with quads?if you call there, either jc could make a hand on the turn or you at least give him another chance to bluff at it.Just curious. You're probably a much better tourny player than me.

Started with 25k in chips.1:58 Up to 32k. Call in BB with Q2d flops 222. I bet JC Tran raises, I reraise and he folds :Draise to 325 with 55. Tilly makes it 1k more from BB. raiser folds, I call. T 8 7 flop she bets 1500 I make it 2700 more she folds4 Limps I complete in sb with QJ JC bets 300 button calls I c/r to 900 JC calls button folds. turn 4 I bet 1650 he folds. 32k now
BAD RERAISE :club: SLOW PLAY THAT LIKE A MOTHER.******
cool. why'd you re raise with quads?
I asked him the same thing and he didnt respond, go figure.But in his defense noone would reraise with quads so I guess you cant put him on that hand
I asked him the same thing and he didnt respond, go figure.But in his defense noone would reraise with quads so I guess you cant put him on that hand
right but if he calls and checks the turn JC would probably check and then he can value bet and have a good chance at a call from JC on the river.Better than nothing. IMHOBut he is playing in the BO and I am playing a .25 .50 NL game this weekend so what do I know.
right but if he calls and checks the turn JC would probably check and then he can value bet and have a good chance at a call from JC on the river.Better than nothing. IMHOBut he is playing in the BO and I am playing a .25 .50 NL game this weekend so what do I know.
hes already had a 5k and a 17k cash in the undercard. I think the 17k was a tourney he won, but not a WPT undercard event. And was the CL in another one I didnt get his final results on.
its easy to say this when u know jc folds to the reraise.if he calls down we think hes brilliantstop results oriented thinking and maybe one day you'll be as good as him
its easy to say this when u know jc folds to the reraise.if he calls down we think hes brilliantstop results oriented thinking and maybe one day you'll be as good as him
Sorry to dissappoint but my play stands no matter what. Who cares if I knew he folded to the reraise.This is not a results oriented thinking scenario. This is exactly how I would play the hand no matter what. Stop responding like a douchebag and one day your mom might give you a hug.
This is exactly how I would play the hand no matter what.
This will cost you in the long run. Being able to vary your play is a big key to success.I don't know that I could have done it in this spot, but honestly could you put him on the 2? Not really. He was making a play for a bigger pot. It didn't work but I doubt he really lost much. A smallish bluff perhaps or probably nothing at all.
Looshle does a lot of things that look bad from the outside, but are actually made because good, thinking players will never be able to put him on the hand he has. It helps him win a ton of big pots.
And that is what makes him better than me. Please don't think I have no respect for looshle. I always follow his progress. I am a fan for sure.I am just agreeing with others in how that hand was played.My last post was a little mean but bascomeb was out of line. He does like to throw that "results oriented thinking" argument out a lot. But hey, hand analysis is important and happens after the fact.On a side note, good luck this weekend with trying to win the MTT!
This will cost you in the long run. Being able to vary your play is a big key to success.I don't know that I could have done it in this spot, but honestly could you put him on the 2? Not really. He was making a play for a bigger pot. It didn't work but I doubt he really lost much. A smallish bluff perhaps or probably nothing at all.
I was speaking about that situation. By "no matter what" I meant whether I knew he folded to the re raise or not. But very good point none the less. Being reminded to change things up is good for anyone!
Looshle does a lot of things that look bad from the outside, but are actually made because good, thinking players will never be able to put him on the hand he has. It helps him win a ton of big pots.
Yeah well he just won a small pot with the nuts :club:
When you play against strong tourney pros they are going to keep pots small when they dont have the nuts. He would have gotten one smallish Value bet or bluff from JC on either the turn or river. If he goes crazy on the flop with the reraise JC might commit a lot of chips with 99+. I love the way Looshle played it. You are either going to win a big pot that someone might be able to get away from with a scare card on the turn, or you are going to get a pot slightly smaller than what you would have won.I mean he did get a bet and raise in on the flop, many of you thinking the third raise is stupid would probably not lead out either.

20 User(s) are reading this topic (9 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)11 Members: slappy, MisterB, tskillz187, The Czar, richgambler, DaRockets, MyPlayIsRAB, Fidler0, vico_dan, Hektor, MaastonacciAll we need now is Doublemeup and well have the entire FCP_CT population here

You're a moron, so becuase he didn't get max value of out one hand that he played unconventionally, it never works for him? Look at his results, he knows what he is doing.
On a side note, good luck this weekend with trying to win the MTT!
Thanks, but I have no shot. I haven't been able to play for the past two days, and I still can't play today because my internet craps out every 2 minutes
You're a moron, so becuase he didn't get max value of out one hand that he played unconventionally, it never works for him? Look at his results, he knows what he is doing.
That my friend is calling a spade a spade.

The arguement that he's a good player so he must be making the right play is flawed as well though. "Just look at his results", "he's better than me so he must be doing the right thing", doesn't apply to every single hand. Even the pros make mistakes.However, the real point is that there is no single way to play any hand so there is nothing wrong with analysing a different way to play it. It often comes down to reads and the way you perceive your own, and your oppenents, table image so nobody can really say exactly how they would play the hand.

That my friend is calling a spade a spade.
Now why did you have to bring race into this? :club: