World Series Rape

So I was poking around on Cardplayer and noticed that the total payout for the Main Event this year was $82,512,162. If my calculations are correct, it means that Harrah's took nearly $600 from each of the 8773 entrants as a fee. Does this not seem a bit high since the WPT events charge about $300 for a 10k buy in tourney? Am I missing something or is this accurate. My simple math is listed below$82,512,162 / 8773 entrants = $9405.239 per entrantor8773 x $10,000 = 87,730,000 - $82,512,162 = $5,217,838 (this is the figure Harrah's brought in just from the main event) / 8773 entrants = $594.76 (entry fee per entrant)

i be in the moinority on this, but i dont care much for the term "rape" for this discussion. rape is a serious matter and this is a lame topic.[/quoteSorry if this is a lame topic, I just wanted to throw it out there. Isn't that what these forums are for? You don't have to respond if you don't like to topic. Oh, and sorry for using the word rape, but grow a nutsack

Hey Bill, why don't you go fck yourself instead. The forums are for discussing poker, and you can do it without using "rape." Go spend a month in prison or give your special lady to a serial rapist and see if it feels the same as an 18% tourney fee.

Hey Bill, why don't you go fck yourself instead. The forums are for discussing poker, and you can do it without using "rape." Go spend a month in prison or give your special lady to a serial rapist and see if it feels the same as an 18% tourney fee.
That's just as fun.
Did you forget to take your meds again Donk?
the amounts refered to on this topic are ON TOP of the normal tourney rake
no they aren't.you pay $10,000 to get into main event, not $10,000 + $x.and 10% is an internet standard, that isn't even applicable at the higher buyins, 200+15 anyone?you are telling me that 10,000 + 1,000 would be even remotely acceptable? ya, Harrah's deserves over 8M dollars for running the main event. Let's go fella's use your heads.