Pokerstars Sit N Gos..........

So i'm trying to build my bankroll for the most part with sngs on Stars. I'm only playing the 6.50 through 12 dollar buy in tables because i've started my roll with 200 bucks. I've been playing probably 20 or so tournies a day and have only netted a grand total of 5 bucks. Now I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything but damn it I feel like I play poker better when I am playing against better players. I swear it seems 80% of the tables i don't cash in I am getting run down by some moron calling me down to the river just to hit his gutshot or something like that. Bad players seem to get rewarded a WHOLE LOT on their sitngos. I think I'm just gonna play the 20 and 25 dollar tables for a day and see what happens. Anyone else hae this same problem? I just like playing with people who know what they are doin instead of donks chasing stupid **** to the river. Anyway, just had to vent for a minute.....later guys......

Play $3.00 + .40 HOSE SnG's on Pokerstars - that's where the money is.As for moving up in limits to find better players:You say you're a good player... you're playing low-limit SnG's... why do you assume that everyone else is a donk? I'm sure the following statements has been made almost as many times as the "I'm going to move up in limits so my raises get respected" statement has, but Make sure you can beat whatever limit you're playing at before moving up, and Don't play above your bankroll - not cashing in 6 or 7 SnGs will ruin your bankroll (@ $25 at least) and can happen through no fault of your own.

I'm not sure how the donks have a chance to chase in stt.It's all push fold as soon as the blinds get worth anything, before that it's just not worth playing without a really premiem hand.Your just gonna get sucked out on alot. Which is good bc that means your getting your money in with the best of it close to the bubble.Good ROI should be around 20% an close to 50% in the money over the long term.So if you play them right you can expect to make right at $1 per stt at the $5 level.

>>>>>You say you're a good player... you're playing low-limit SnG's... why do you assume that everyone else is a donk?oh i don't think everyone else is a donk or anything. it just seems alot of these people are the "deposit 50 bucks and see what happens" crowd and they will call you down with gut shots. Most of the players are good IMO but all it takes is one fish at a table to screw ya up. Anyhow, I was just ramblin', maybe a little frustrated with myself for not profiting better. But I guess breaking even after 100 sngs isn't so bad. I will def try out the HOSE and HORSE tournies as well. Still not too confident in my stud h/l though

If you are better, than most players (do think about your strategy, maybe it is flawed), you probably haven't played enough of the sit&gos to have a statistically significant sample. I play even lower than you do (mostly the $3 stts and $1 and $5 45-player mtts), although my bankroll would allow me to play a bit higher, and after a couple hundred of these I have an enormous ROI.I have had many annoyingly long losing streaks, but I keep detailed statistics, and overall I'm doing very well - ther are many very, very bad players in these games.

I'm not sure how the donks have a chance to chase in stt.It's all push fold as soon as the blinds get worth anything, before that it's just not worth playing without a really premiem hand.Your just gonna get sucked out on alot. Which is good bc that means your getting your money in with the best of it close to the bubble.Good ROI should be around 20% an close to 50% in the money over the long term.So if you play them right you can expect to make right at $1 per stt at the $5 level.
In my experience of these games, the statement "you can't win the tournament in the early levels, but you can lose it" is very true here (altough a quick double up is helpful). On one hand, good selective aggressive play, especially in the endgame makes a lot of money, on the other hand - mostly the blind structure and many players' style make you very card-dependent. If there are people at your table who call anything, you just need cards to beat them and you don't always get the cards.edit: And play within your bankroll! There is a lot of variance in the stts - I know for sure I would have gone broke if I had played higher limits than my bannkroll allowed in the beginning (and this is although my ROI in the stts is ~40%, in the mtts it is above 60).

If you want to beat the levels all the way up to $30+3 go take a look at the 2+2 forums, or pocketfives, or read the stt section of Fishmans book.It's pretty much supertight till 5 handed or $75 $150, then it's just picking your spots to open push.The video's on cardrunners are pretty good too.

So i'm trying to build my bankroll for the most part with sngs on Stars. I'm only playing the 6.50 through 12 dollar buy in tables because i've started my roll with 200 bucks. I've been playing probably 20 or so tournies a day and have only netted a grand total of 5 bucks. Now I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything but damn it I feel like I play poker better when I am playing against better players. I swear it seems 80% of the tables i don't cash in I am getting run down by some moron calling me down to the river just to hit his gutshot or something like that. Bad players seem to get rewarded a WHOLE LOT on their sitngos. I think I'm just gonna play the 20 and 25 dollar tables for a day and see what happens. Anyone else hae this same problem? I just like playing with people who know what they are doin instead of donks chasing stupid **** to the river. Anyway, just had to vent for a minute.....later guys......
I've been running scary good in Stars SNG's. I don't play anywhere near 20 a day though, maybe 5-6 a week lately. If you've played over 100 and only made 5 bucks I'd say you have a leak somewhere or are just going through a terrible suckout run. I'd look through your HH's and see if all of these suckouts are really as bad as you think.Most of the players will not fold top pair , so I don't get very aggressive preflop unless I have AA or KK until the blinds are at least 25/50 and probably 50/100. I try to see cheap flops and hit strong hands, they'll pay off your sets almost every time.
same problem with me, but i dont have the br to move up

Ok so I have been playing a few SNG's recently and doing pretty well so I will share what I have found. At these limits you just cant forcefully bully tables and hope to win. People care a lot less about the buy in at these levels so dont get too cute as it just wont work. What has been working for me is doing a lot of trapping and looking weak early to set people up later. Let someone else at the table do all the pushing and when you dont have a hand dont try anything funny and let the guy take his small pots. You can usually sit at a table and pick out who to get your chips from after a round or two. Calling stations and hyper bettors tend to frequent these things so go ahead fire with your big hands against the callers, let the hyper bettors hang themselves and try not to get out played by the one or two other players that actually know what they are doing but just dont have high paying day jobs to afford a higher BR.Chad

I've been running scary good in Stars SNG's. I don't play anywhere near 20 a day though, maybe 5-6 a week lately. If you've played over 100 and only made 5 bucks I'd say you have a leak somewhere or are just going through a terrible suckout run. I'd look through your HH's and see if all of these suckouts are really as bad as you think.Most of the players will not fold top pair , so I don't get very aggressive preflop unless I have AA or KK until the blinds are at least 25/50 and probably 50/100. I try to see cheap flops and hit strong hands, they'll pay off your sets almost every time.
i have near your results for $1 SNGs after about 55 but i played mine with my cards covered. (these things are really easy). but a hundred sng's is not enough to say anything. gigabet had a -ROI for 100 $11 sngs. not that the OP doesn't have leaks, because EVERYONE has leaks, but 100 is nowhere near enough to say if he is a winning or a losing player.where's zach to explain why you want to be against worse players?

The people complaining about people calling you down with a gutshot are idiots and dont understand how one wins money in poker. To the OP, if you are really playing 20 to 25 tournaments a day, you should be taking advantage of these bad players and pushing your edge every chance you get and the luckbox inside straight draws will even out.

You must be kidding yourself, i mean these kinds of posts make me want to puke. Can you please give everybody reading this thread 1, just 1 good reason why you rather play against better players???(btw there is absolutely nothing you can say that is valid)Also, you said "bad players seem to get rewarded a WHOLE LOT", but if you play enough a whole lot won't be enough for you to lose money.You also say that you are going to play the 20 and 25 dollar tables for a day to see what happens -- once again, what would that prove?? Even if you win 15 out of 20 during that day, does that mean anything substantial to you?? If your answer is yes, you are strongly mistaken and really need to learn A LOT more about poker before making threads like this.

All the fish swim in the Full Tilt 5 dollar and 10 dollar horse sit n gos, i have played 10 so far and not finished worse than second

To the OP, I agree wholeheartedly. I haven't been playing long (2 yrs)and to be honest I'm not much of a gambler but I do have the means to play in bigger sng's and only used to on occassion. Whenever I played in say the 55 or 100$ sng's I would place maybe 75% of the time in the money. When I played in the 6.50 or 10$ sng's, I would cash maybe 20% of the time. It probably is my lack of poker knowledge i.e. playing against newer "calling station" players or donkeys but now I play strictly in the higher sng's and have much more success with that. I certainly don't play enough to ever make a livivg at it, but as a hobby and avid apprentice at the game, I prefer to play a little bigger buy in. At least most of the outcomes/beats/wins are more in tune with what the experts are writing about in the books that a new player can learn from.

Welcome to online poker?
it is the same in tourney and cash games online (at least at Stars and UB anyway. I just wrote about it in my thread "online tournament players..."The bigger the favorite you are the more likely you will lose the hand. I am hoping to hear from a single person who says they got their money in with a good hand but the other guy had better and that is how they busted. And not when you are already short stacked. I am talking about how people end up in the short stack as it seems to be almost 100% bad beats.