Playing $200 Buyin $400,000 Tournament....just Had The Worst Beat Ever!

Tell me if I could of played this any different because I played it the best. hit my straight on turn and push all in for 1500 when the pot is only 600 and this guy gots two pair. I cant believe this guy called and hit his 4 outer im so pissed right now and needed to vent. I hope this guy gets hit by a dump truck!Full Tilt Poker Game #893698076: FTOPS Event #1 (5628129), Table 148 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:35:37 ET - 2006/08/13Seat 1: ACAC13 (3,738)Seat 2: Gambino23 (1,740)Seat 3: ozz100 (3,075)Seat 4: kidzero (4,518)Seat 5: TheRobot (11,112)Seat 6: dpottz (3,625)Seat 7: mobiusV (2,830)Seat 8: CardsCoach (1,347)Seat 9: PacMann (1,925)TheRobot posts the small blind of 25dpottz posts the big blind of 50The button is in seat #4*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Gambino23 [Ad 9d]mobiusV foldsCardsCoach foldsPacMann foldsACAC13 foldsGambino23 raises to 175ozz100 calls 175kidzero foldsTheRobot foldsdpottz folds*** FLOP *** [Qd 8c Jh]Gambino23 checksozz100 bets 50Gambino23 calls 50*** TURN *** [Qd 8c Jh] [Td]Gambino23 bets 1,515, and is all inozz100 calls 1,515Gambino23 shows [Ad 9d]ozz100 shows [Jc Qc]*** RIVER *** [Qd 8c Jh Td] [Js]Gambino23 shows a straight, Queen highozz100 shows a full house, Jacks full of Queensozz100 wins the pot (3,555) with a full house, Jacks full of Queensdpottz: ooooooofGambino23 stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3,555 | Rake 0Board: [Qd 8c Jh Td Js]Seat 1: ACAC13 didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: Gambino23 showed [Ad 9d] and lost with a straight, Queen highSeat 3: ozz100 showed [Jc Qc] and won (3,555) with a full house, Jacks full of QueensSeat 4: kidzero (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 5: TheRobot (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 6: dpottz (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 7: mobiusV didn't bet (folded)Seat 8: CardsCoach didn't bet (folded)Seat 9: PacMann didn't bet (folded)

Obviously there is no other way to play the hand. Did you want him to go all in there with that hand? Yes? OK then, you did everything you had control over. You are not pissed at that guy.

ok picture yourself with QJ and the 10 comes on the turn and I preflop raised, do you really think calling off 1500 in chips would be the best move? I push all in when the pot is only 600 because I have a striaght with flush draw. I could of had AK, any 9 for a straight, a set and this donkey still calls. Really fired up right now. I wanted to do good in this tourney seeing how its a $400k prize pool.

ok picture yourself with QJ and the 10 comes on the turn and I preflop raised, do you really think calling off 1500 in chips would be the best move? I push all in when the pot is only 600 because I have a striaght with flush draw. I could of had AK, any 9 for a straight, a set and this donkey still calls. Really fired up right now. I wanted to do good in this tourney seeing how its a $400k prize pool.
Are you reading the responses?
Why would you have a 9 in your hand unless it was pocket 9's? Played pretty bad. Betting 50 on the flop and pushing the turn doesn't make you look like you have a good hand or a 9.
It's true. The only other hand that you could hold that beats him is AK, or ONE combo each of QQ, JJ, or TT.Try 3rd level, or even 2nd level thinking in poker. It helps.
:club:
Not only that, but there's no reason to really go broke with this hand.Your raise was ok preflop, it could go either way, so I'll leave that.But why no continuation bet? Bet that flop. You can safely fold to a raise knowing you are drawing to at the most 7 outs, and there's no reason to risk your tourney on that.Furthermore, as played, you are donking the turn for 1500 into a pot of 925. That screams of bluffing the scare card.I would probably c/r, if you know he's aggressive, but given his weak bet on the turn, I'd probably lead for 2/3rds or 3/4s of the pot, and you can go from there.- Zach

Don't listen to these donks. You played that hand perfectly and this is definitely the worst beat ever. Ever. That idiot cost you the 1st place share of $400,000. You might want to talk to a lawyer, and sue that guy-- not just for the money you lost, but also for the good of all poker players everywhere.

that by far was not the WORST beat ever.It was tough, you got lucky on the turn, he got luckier on the river. Your push all in looks like a bluff, b/c someone with a 9 wouldnt move all in at that spot. It wasnt even the nuts. A 4 outer on the river? have you ever played online poker? It happens. I guess its a tough beat but it wasnt the worst beat ever or even close.

Couldnt he have had AK and your drawing dead? Its a raised pot so AK is very possible, maybe even K9 and your drawing to a chop. And I would say the worst beat ever is the dude at the series who flopped quads and lots to runner runner straight flush.Dont complain that you got sucked out on when you didnt even have the nuts.