Daniel At The No-limit Hold'em Championship

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prelim. Data of ALL remaining players going into Day3: PLAYER CHIPS1 Dmitri Nobles 553,0002 Jon Lane 405,0003 Ken Jacobs 395,0004 Daniel Pelletier 335,0005 Daniel Negreanu 331,0006 Jason Strasser 330,0007 Terris Preston 310,0008 Philippe Boucher 305,0009 Matt Woodward 290,00010 Paul Wasicka 290,00011 Michael Lynn 290,00012 Joe Fuhriman 280,00013 Michael Binger 254,00014 Dario Minieri 246,00015 Jon Finkel 240,00016 Alex Balandin 237,00017 Justin Holmes 235,00018 Matthew Maroon 230,00019 Bradford Davenport 220,00020 Bill Gustafik 220,00021 Eric Molina 220,00022 Sean Le 215,00023 Jeffrey Lisandro 211,00024 Jeff Cabanillas 210,00025 James Crowshaw 210,00026 Sean Johnson 210,00027 Daniel Heimiller 200,00028 Nelson Dismukes 200,00029 Tyler Pendleton 200,000

Should be an updated top 11, with 3 players tied for 9th:1 Dmitri Nobles553,000 2 Jon Lane405,000 3 Ken Jacobs395,000 4 Daniel Pelletier335,0005 Daniel Negreanu331,000 6 Jason Strasser330,000 7 Terris Preston310,000 8 Philippe Boucher305,000 9 Matt Woodward290,000 9 Paul Wasicka290,000 9 Michael Lynn290,000

Should be an updated top 11, with 3 players tied for 9th:1 Dmitri Nobles553,000 2 Jon Lane405,000 3 Ken Jacobs395,000 4 Daniel Pelletier335,0005 Daniel Negreanu331,000 6 Jason Strasser330,000 7 Terris Preston310,000 8 Philippe Boucher305,000 9 Matt Woodward290,000 9 Paul Wasicka290,000 9 Michael Lynn290,000
Are you a shadow?
Do you know about how other top notch magic players are doing on the circuit? Back when I played magic Finkel was the man, and ofcourse Tommi Hovi since I'm from Finland.
I used to play on the magic pro circuit a bit, so I knew alot of guys that have gone on to do well in poker. The skills transulate alot, which is why so many former magic pros are doing so well at poker, infact I'd say Magic is a much harder and more difficult game. Theres just alot more money in poker.yeah, so David Willaims has defientally done the best of the group, while Eric Froehlich has also got a couple bracelts to his name. Some other former players I've seen on the card player leader boards over time are, Noah Boeken, Gabe Walls, Gabriel Nassif, Chris Pikula, and now looks like John Finkel is making a run at the WSOP.Some players I'd look out for in the future are Willaim "Baby Huey" Jenson and Jorden berkwitz (he won the world series of online poker last year at 18).

Daniel since I see your reading this, did you play every hand today again?I love that strategy. I use it in home games, as I know many other players do to crush weak players who never believe you can have a hand.I'm 15th in the WSOP fantasy pool right now with only the ME left, so get me some points. Just kidding. Thanks for the good prizes in the pool this year although Vegas with you is a lot cooler than $1000.Take it down! :club::D:D:D

You know what's funny? Now that DN's hitting hands again, like AxKc on a 9c8c6c push, everyone thinks he's the greatest player in the world--and he may very well be...but, when those hands weren't hitting, and he had that tough tourney streak, he was a donk, playing too much golf, he wasn't focused and he lost his touch.Interesting, really...If I didn't know better, I'd have thought there was substantial variance in tournament poker. And maybe, just maybe, dude's been a good player the whole time, and maybe that variance is swinging back the other way now.

27 User(s) are reading this topic (19 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)7 Members: XX44466XX, Johnny Lately, DanielNegreanu, dodgygeordie, jcpoker, Bateman, MGFishIS ON FI-YO!!

You know what's funny? Now that DN's hitting hands again, like AxKc on a 9c8c6c push, everyone thinks he's the greatest player in the world--and he may very well be...but, when those hands weren't hitting, and he had that tough tourney streak, he was a donk, playing too much golf, he wasn't focused and he lost his touch.Interesting, really...If I didn't know better, I'd have thought there was substantial variance in tournament poker. And maybe, just maybe, dude's been a good player the whole time, and maybe that variance is swinging back the other way now.
Lier! lol sw :club::D:D:D

Top bombing DN.Is anyone else fed up of Cardplayer only mentioning the chip counts of 50 or so of the 600 players in each side of the draw? I know it would take a bit of organisation to have a full count, but in this day and age, with a person on each table and a PDA each, there's no reason not to. I only found out one of my mates, Brad, is still in with 66k. He should be on the board therefore (bu isn't famous). I'm going to be a while waiting to here if my other mate Dale (winner of the PokerStars blogger ticket) is still running. It's hard enough to get a count on DN, let alone the little guys looking to cash.

Well, it is nearly impossible to evaluate someones achievement in a tournament from the outside just by looking at text-updates and tv-final-tables. Judging by the results is much easier, although that cannot be correct of course.
Well, it is nearly impossible to evaluate someones achievement in a tournament from the outside just by looking at text-updates and tv-final-tables. Judging by the results is much easier, although that cannot be correct of course.
No, but the consensus from a lot of people was that he was 'slipping'--that he was playing worse. ..my statement was simply meant to be taken as, 'Tournament poker has high variance. If you said he sucked before, he must still suck now. If you said he was good before, he's must still be good.'My contention is that he was good before, and is still good. A lot of people said he had started to lose his edge, and was playing poorly. So, since the ME began, he magically gained this edge back? Or was it never really gone?
No, but the consensus from a lot of people was that he was 'slipping'--that he was playing worse. ..my statement was simply meant to be taken as, 'Tournament poker has high variance. If you said he sucked before, he must still suck now. If you said he was good before, he's must still be good.'My contention is that he was good before, and is still good. A lot of people said he had started to lose his edge, and was playing poorly. So, since the ME began, he magically gained this edge back? Or was it never really gone?
I don't think we are in any disagreement here. All I'm saying is that, *because of the high variance* and the lack of actual information you get from updates and tv we can't really know for sure either way. Daniel himself knows when he's playing well or badly, and he says so in his blogs, but that is all we know.So people take the easy way and judge his play from his results - DN goes broke on day 1 a couple times in a row - "what a donk he has become, go play golf"; Dn is 5th in chips in the ME going into day 3 - "he's the best ever". Whether that is correct or not - people who make these judgements don't care anyway.
So, since the ME began, he magically gained this edge back? Or was it never really gone?
Clearly you underestimate the power of DN watching Rocky in preperation for the main event. Its most definately proof positive that he regained his focus and edge right before the main event.Seriously tho, I think there is more to it then just that, to win a WSoP event now days it takes more than just a bit of luck from cards, focus, or an edge. You really need it all to come together. I think Daniel has had all three this entire time, just maybe not all at once like is needed. But thats just an opinion and a fairly uninformed one at that.A lot of people seem to come on this website and tell Daniel what he needs to do or how he needs to focus, or how he needs to cut out this and that. But I think that only Daniel Negreanu knows what Daniel Negreanu needs and you guys need to back off and let the man do his thing. Post your opinion, ask some questions, but don't presume to tell him how to play his game. He has had more success in poker then 99% of the people who post here (myself included) could ever even HOPE to have. So maybe...just maybe, we can trust his judgement on the matter.
So people take the easy way and judge his play from his results - DN goes broke on day 1 a couple times in a row - "what a donk he has become, go play golf"; Dn is 5th in chips in the ME going into day 3 - "he's the best ever". Whether that is correct or not - people who make these judgements don't care anyway.
Meh..Guess I'm in the minority when I actually pay attention to the hands he busts on and try and learn from them. Que sera, sera..
Seriously tho, I think there is more to it then just that, to win a WSoP event now days it takes more than just a bit of luck from cards, focus, or an edge. You really need it all to come together. --Snip--Post your opinion, ask some questions, but don't presume to tell him how to play his game. He has had more success in poker then 99% of the people who post here (myself included) could ever even HOPE to have. So maybe...just maybe, we can trust his judgement on the matter.
1. Wasn't just referencing WSOP tournaments. He had a pretty tough run of like, 9 months without a major tourney cash..but, either way, I agree wholeheartedly. I think you're overanalyzing my point. A lot of the people who badmouthed/doubted/criticized him during that 9 month run(or however long it was), are now jumping back on the fanboywagon. A bit odd, no? Or maybe they just look at it like a sport, of sorts. When he's winning, we can cheer him on..and if he has a tough run, we can boo and throw our beers over the ivy wall and into center field(..a reference to Wrigley Field).2. Slightly annoying, the, 'but don't presume to tell him to play his game..'. I don't think I was, really..was I? Didn't even come close. Unless I'm just drunk/tired and that wasn't directed at me. Please clarify, really. I don't see where I've doubted his judgement or presumed to tell him how to play his game.