Daniel At The No-limit Hold'em Championship

i assume DN made a terrible read on his opponent, cuz otherwise semibluffing his entire tourney for what was a relatively small pot is an undefendable DONK play.
I consider top two overcards and a nut flush draw more than a semibluff. Odds were 50-50, and I don't think the opponent would've called with a mere overpair if it wasn't for the queen of clubs. I think it was definitely the right move to do (mathematically and in every other way too).
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just say this and be done with it, unless his opponent had AA, KK, or flopped a set the worse case scenario for him is 50/50, and if his opponent has K's even he's not that big of a dog...i'm off to bed. continued gl to the man. hope to see a big number next to your name in the morning. goodnight all.

which brings in the fold equity argument also....so where are you going with this?? Do you agree with the play now??
yes of course i agree if there was a large pre-flop pot. it initially sounded like there wasn't.
jon finkel is the man too. he was the world champion in Magic for a while, like the best player in the world until that one guy kai budde showed up. i'm pullin for finkel and DN and ivey, though one of those 3 aint doin too well.
Do you know about how other top notch magic players are doing on the circuit? Back when I played magic Finkel was the man, and ofcourse Tommi Hovi since I'm from Finland.
who is this dimitri nobles guy?
he is the reincarnation of rasputin, sent to restore the house of romanovs with his winnings.but i got my info from cardplayer so you might want to check that.
he is the reincarnation of rasputin, sent to restore the house of romanovs with his winnings.but i got my info from cardplayer so you might want to check that.
Despite his stack, he is doomed to go broke if he keeps playing all in pots with marginal hands as he has been recently

Nobles Loses Some ChipsUnder the gun, seat one raises to $4,500. Action folds around to Dimitri Nobles, and he re-raises to $10,000. Seat one moves all-in for a total of $59,100, and Nobles calls. Seat one shows AQ, and Nobles has KQ. The flop comes 984. The turn is the A, and the river is the J. Seat one takes the pot down, and Nobles now has $562,000. It has begun

ehhh I can't stay up any longer.. Hopefully I'll wake up and see Daniel as the chipleader but he is fine where he is, night.

I consider top two overcards and a nut flush draw more than a semibluff. Odds were 50-50, and I don't think the opponent would've called with a mere overpair if it wasn't for the queen of clubs. I think it was definitely the right move to do (mathematically and in every other way too).
I am going to wait judgement until DN explains the hand in his view.
ehhh I can't stay up any longer.. Hopefully I'll wake up and see Daniel as the chipleader but he is fine where he is, night.
it seems no one has mentioned that possibly, just possibly he made a bad read. i personally dont think thats the case but since almost every other scenario has been put out there, lets put that one out there too

He's up another 65,000 to 320,000 and is currently in 3rd place (according to cardplayer). So, uh, I guess he's doing well. If nothing else, it'll make for some great tv!

I think Daniel needs to work on his poker game blah blah blah He plays too much golf blah blah blah Negreanu needs to start taking poker seriously blah blah blah DN spends too much time on his video blog blah blah blah

full tilt chat......lol TLee777 (Observer): hey mikey???...........did yopu see hopw they set negreanu up with a soft table.......?? is that bs or what???????U want my nuts (Observer): nhgoochbulley (Observer): no reraise?chababa (Observer): THIS GAME IS NOT RIGGEDAndrewtr (Observer): yeah, why no reraise?Dealer: Mike Matusow has 15 seconds left to actRazorback26 (Observer): Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy !!! Oy Oy OYMike Matusow: y i figured they did why else would he be smashing the table