too much heads up....and daniel slow rolls lol

Man that was too much heads up almost 1 hour. Daniel played good but got nice and lucky with AA on 2 occasions. But Daniel accidentally slow rolled David in his excitement and winning a tournament.....lol I prefered Esfandiari's standing up and showing the AA not pausing then calling. Cant wait too see Tony G. talk trash next week. Hopefully not so much heads up.....Im all in tooo bi atch :shock: J

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this on the other one, I don't think Daniel slow rolled. I think he was just making sure that there weren't 3 :D 's. David got on tilt after the hand with QQ

nope that definetly wasn't too much HU. It was great, they had more then enough to play witha nd we got to see some real play. Its boring to just watch the Allin hands, that isn't the point of poker. Go and watch the HU from the live turning stone with Ivey vs D' Agostino, it was around an hour and a half and was just excellent. Sorry, but I like to see players play and not just play crapshoot poker

Did anyone see the Poker Superstars Invitational II I think it was, with Kathy Liebert, Barry Greenstein, Chris Moneymaker, Johnny Chan, Chip Reese, etc.? That was horrible, it was all-in every hand for an hour. While there was a lot of heads up play tonight, I think we got to see some good post-flop play, especially from DN.

Not too much heads up at all. They did it last week too and it's a nice break from the way you usually see the editing. It really lets you get a sense for the way these guys play. Best WPT yet.

yeah the allin fest of PSI 2 was awful. Johnny Chan would've been able to win it if the blinds allowed for actual play. I really find the OPs theory of too much Heads Up to be disheartening, it just shows how much TV has warped peoples perception of what poker is and what real play is. To the OP if you really do like poker then you should use these long Heads Ups to learn how to play. Citing the LA Poker Classic from last year is kinda funny as that final table was extremely overplayed and the high blinds made it an allin fest. If you want to see a tournament with real play then you really need to get your hands on Championship Poker at the Plaza. The heads up was long and awesome as we got to see some really skilled play from Daniel and Freddie Deeb

loved this episdoe!! one of my fav episdoes all season..all of my fav pros were on there.. i love watching arieh, williams, ivey and DN play..they seriously are the people i pay most attention to..great play by everyone, sad to see ivey go out first..3rd time at the final table hes been busted with a-q

very nice seeing danny win a WPT event... that said, i really liked the hour long heads-up action... just like the DN vs. deeb and ivey vs. d'agnostia match-ups it shows what heads up poker is really like, granted, not nearly to the extent of the other events mentioned.... always nice to see danny win! :-)

This was a great episode, and there was great action all around. Got to see some good pre and post flop strategy. I did not think there was to much headsup. I find that is where i need to improve alot in my game. I dont just like to see every hand an allin, or every other hand...I mean what are the chances of 6 hands crowning a winner at one of these things. What would they do with the xtra hour and a half...fill it up with play previous in the tournament between the hands..but i digress. Really glad to see DN play from ahead in the chip count, to behind in the chip count, and then to get some good cards to even it up again. Not to mention the fact that it was just a Lineup of Heavy Hitters. I mean you got 2nd and 3rd place from the Final Event of the WSOP. I think Josh Arieh, finally gets to do something about the butthole personality he portrayed at the WSOP...I mean he could have had a little more class. But tonite he was cool, and not so...like he was at the WSOP.Ill agree with a previous poster about the PSII, there was just not alot of poker going on, and they actually had cards for the first half. Though i did enjoy watching it, considering little elwse was on.I think the Turning Stone Tournament was fantastic. I felt like they showed almost everyhand and gave a great evaluation of every one as well. I think the Dags did killer considering who he was up against, and the play of Phil Ivey dead on. If we all could get tournament action like we saw tonite, it would be better for alot of players. It would teach that the game is not one total all in fest. Impressive.just my2 sense...Dendog

Man, it's about time there was a nice HU battle! Real poker, where both players have the chips to plays hands all the way through. Great win for DN, although he did run hot with the cards...had to say it...sorry. But David had some hands, too, so I guess it sorta evened out.

I though most of the hands played themselves, really. I was kind of bored by it.okok 1 st sorry about my english 2 nd i don't know who made u GOD of this forum but if u were bored u were watching the wrong WPT :shock: 3 rd (( most hands played themselves)) are you F ing with me david reraising with 94O and flop was KQJ and he bets 125k then 500k on the turn yep ur right 94O played its self. :roll: 4th I used to say how lucky david W was to win 2.5 mil in wsop but after watching him last night he was very good (( nothing u can do when u lose QQ with 22x flop and when DN got AA 2 out 3 hands)) ,but i think he played that 1 hand wrong when he a called a 700k reraise with q9 when DN had KK . 5th I like to see ppl bluff pre flop or post thats what i want to see not all in hands i like Josh rerasing with 25 off that was funny or Dn showing only Q :D thats poker baby :twisted:

Why would you complain about a great, nay epic heads up battle?I though most of the hands played themselves, really. I was kind of bored by it.
I think this quote couldn't be further from the truth. There were a lot of creative plays going on, and we saw many re-raises with the worst hand taking down pots. This event was a showcase as to how you don't always need the cards to win. I personally don't think the hands played themselves, I thought everyone played very well and I loved the heads up match.I was wondering about the slow roll too. I'm sure DN has a viable excuse, maybe checking for the flush or something, but I was watching with a friend and we both thought it was uncharacteristic of DN. He might not have meant to do it, I'm not trying to point a finger or nothing, and it is true that he didn't have the nuts, but I def thought that was a slow roll. David bet all in, which is what I felt DN wanted to happen on that play, so it just seemed a little odd to me.Congratulations to Dan on his victory, not that any of us didn't know it would happen anyway. You played great poker and really deserved that win. Well done.
nope that definetly wasn't too much HU. It was great, they had more then enough to play witha nd we got to see some real play. Its boring to just watch the Allin hands, that isn't the point of poker. Go and watch the HU from the live turning stone with Ivey vs D' Agostino, it was around an hour and a half and was just excellent. Sorry, but I like to see players play and not just play crapshoot poker
i couldnt agree more....well said

did anyone else notice DN's feet did not reach the floor from his chair?

christ...that was funny, the whole flow of the forum was serious, articulate and argumenative...then this...hahahahahaha oh man, maybe im just tired...did they really not reach?? how tall is he supposed to be? i knew he was kind of short but they didn't reach the floor? hahahahahaha i just had an image of daniel at the final table as wsop in a booster chair... ahhh danny boy, just joking my man wow...you know, i should probably go to sleep...right now i couldn't beat a poker game consisting of the regulars riding the small yellow busses.... ............ .........what? i dont know....

Did anyone see the Poker Superstars Invitational II I think it was, with Kathy Liebert, Barry Greenstein, Chris Moneymaker, Johnny Chan, Chip Reese, etc.I think I said this before but I'm pretty sure Kathy Liebert wears underwear with di*K holes in them. :roll: