too much heads up....and daniel slow rolls lol

Did anyone see the Poker Superstars Invitational II I think it was, with Kathy Liebert, Barry Greenstein, Chris Moneymaker, Johnny Chan, Chip Reese, etc.I think I said this before but I'm pretty sure Kathy Liebert wears underwear with di*K holes in them. :roll:
I thought I saw her at the urinal in the Bellagio last month.
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a lot of creative plays going on, and we saw many re-raises with the worst hand taking down pots. This event was a showcase as to how you don't always need the cards to win.Yeah, creativirty abounded. It was real creative when Arieh buffed off all his chips into a made hand with Jack high.Extremely creative.

There were a lot of creative plays going on, and we saw many re-raises with the worst hand taking down pots. This event was a showcase as to how you don't always need the cards to win.Yeah, creativirty abounded. It was real creative when Arieh buffed off all his chips into a made hand with Jack high.Extremely creative.
personally I love when people get creative like that lol :D

what did you guys think of arieh's call of ivey's AQ with the pocket 3's? i know he was getting a decent price from the pot, and wanted to eliminate ivey, but that seemed like a tough call to me. i guess he put him on overcards (good read), but any pocket pair besides 2's had him dominated.

I loved this episode when was this though? was it last year? I thought Daniel had not won yet this year?Did anyone notice that mike sexton finally broke his curse?He almost always picks the guy who busts out first, last night he picked daniel :D

I loved this episode when was this though? was it last year? I thought Daniel had not won yet this year?Did anyone notice that mike sexton finally broke his curse?He almost always picks the guy who busts out first, last night he picked daniel :D
Sexton is an idiot. IMHO
I'm confused, are you serious or just being sarcastic. Start using the newly developed [sW] in your posts please.Yes, that was creative and it bit him in the ass. I more had in mind all the times where David took down pots by out betting DN or Arieh, which disproved your theory that the match was boring and that the cards could've played themselves.
Why would you complain about a great, nay epic heads up battle?I though most of the hands played themselves, really. I was kind of bored by it.
I think this quote couldn't be further from the truth. There were a lot of creative plays going on, and we saw many re-raises with the worst hand taking down pots. This event was a showcase as to how you don't always need the cards to win. I personally don't think the hands played themselves, I thought everyone played very well and I loved the heads up match.I was wondering about the slow roll too. I'm sure DN has a viable excuse, maybe checking for the flush or something, but I was watching with a friend and we both thought it was uncharacteristic of DN. He might not have meant to do it, I'm not trying to point a finger or nothing, and it is true that he didn't have the nuts, but I def thought that was a slow roll. David bet all in, which is what I felt DN wanted to happen on that play, so it just seemed a little odd to me.Congratulations to Dan on his victory, not that any of us didn't know it would happen anyway. You played great poker and really deserved that win. Well done.
No, this was a disappointing show. Best players at a final table in a while, but by far not the best plays.I quit watching after Williams filled out his straight with a King 4 in his hand. About 20 minutes left in the show I believe.I'm really really surprised that everyone seems to think this was a "great show" and "great battle". I've been involved in better HU battles on the internet for play money.

I was wondering about the slow roll too. I'm sure DN has a viable excuse, maybe checking for the flush or something, but I was watching with a friend and we both thought it was uncharacteristic of DN.This stuck out in my mind too. DN doesn't seem like the kind of guy to slowroll, and my first impression was that he was making sure he wasn't calling some sort of made hand - he hesitated, then flipped his cards fairly quickly. It seemed to me that he suddenly realized the hesitation would have appeared to be a slowroll.Afterwards, Williams was visibly bothered by it - "Nice slowroll, Daniel." I watched after it was over, and thought it was kind of strange that DN didn't go over to shake Williams' hand or anything (unless I missed it or was off camera). I kept waiting for the two to congratulate each other on a nice game, but just didn't see it. Even when they were all standing together with their beer afterward, they didn't really acknowledge one another.Just seemd a little uncharacteristic of the way two guys who like each other would act at the end of a tournament...

Williams was visibly bothered by it. Even when they were all standing together with their beer afterward, they didn't really acknowledge one another.Just seemd a little uncharacteristic of the way two guys who like each other would act at the end of a tournament...
Williams was just upset because he found out he's not as good at poker as he thought he was.WHOHOOOO MY 1000th post! Smash passes 3k on the same day I pass 1k. Historic.
did anyone else notice DN's feet did not reach the floor from his chair?
YES! I had to laugh, he looked so cute with his little feet swinging above the floor.But about the heads up play -- I loved it! Watch a match. Got to see some great play. The whole show was good. I loved the bluffs and great position plays. David Williams really proved himself -- I really had no idea how good he was. He kept calling DN the flop master, but he knows how to play flops too. Great matchup.I was rooting for David (sorry), but it was great to see DN win one. He deserved it.

I more had in mind all the times where David took down pots by out betting DN or Arieh, which disproved your theory that the match was boring and that the cards could've played themselves.Yah, you're right, that was very creative. It was boring, the play was standard agressive heads up play.I guess you don't see it on TV that often, so it was novel, but it wasn't particularly intresting in any way./shrug. Oppinions vary, I guess.

David Williams played well, but I think some of the success has gone to his head. When he got the "Arieh WSOP" look on his face after Daniel took a whopping 5 seconds or so to call with the aces, I lost some respect. It's not like Daniel took an extremely long time to call, nor did he have a real beast of a hand. Aces are nice, the board wasn't coordinated, but it is still just top pair. That wasn't even close to a slowroll and to the OP, I don't think there is any way to "accidentally slowroll".

I more had in mind all the times where David took down pots by out betting DN or Arieh, which disproved your theory that the match was boring and that the cards could've played themselves.Yah, you're right, that was very creative. It was boring, the play was standard agressive heads up play.I guess you don't see it on TV that often, so it was novel, but it wasn't particularly intresting in any way./shrug. Oppinions vary, I guess.
Well, what would you have considered to be creative play??
That wasn't even close to a slowroll and to the OP, I don't think there is any way to "accidentally slowroll".
In a previous WPT episode, someone raised with pocket aces preflop. Someone else pushed all-in, and the person with aces didn't realize the action was back on him. When someone alerted him to it, he said something like "Oh geez, it's my turn? I'm sorry, I call, I have aces." and apologized profusely, saying he'd never slowroll aces in that situation.That, I suppose, is as close to an accidental slowroll as you'll see.But as for the episode as a whole, I prefered last week's where Doyle put on a heads-up clinic as far as I'm concerned. I think that David honestly outplayed Daniel for a lot of what we saw on TV, but one or two crucial mistakes did him in.

Williams was looking all "Hollywood" now. He had a totally different aura about him just b/c last year when he almost went out in 17th place he pushed all in and doubled up...then...somehow, hung on to get to the final 3, whence he then went on to call 1/3 of his stack with 55 pre-flop....check in the dark....flop trips just to have Arieh move all in...call him, and knock him out for a hefty 3.5$ Million payday. He sure seemed c0cky for a guy who's only won $4+ Million within a year. lol.IMHO, I think he's over-rated.

I don't know. Josh just choked. Plain and simple. But the forum is right, he did seem human and like a decent sort on the show.Daniel played extreamly well, but also caught some great hands at key moments. Of course what allowed them to be key was that he also played all those other hands and was sure to get action when he did hit great cards. I thought Williams played very well also. There's no shame in 2nd place, although it was clear he really wanted the win. I wish I had that kind of maturity and tenacity at 24. I suspect he'll get one soon enough. Phil Ivey is always fun to watch, too bad he wasn't around that much.

Williams was looking all "Hollywood" now. He had a totally different aura about him just b/c last year when he almost went out in 17th place he pushed all in and doubled up...then...somehow, hung on to get to the final 3, whence he then went on to call 1/3 of his stack with 55 pre-flop....check in the dark....flop trips just to have Arieh move all in...call him, and knock him out for a hefty 3.5$ Million payday. He sure seemed c0cky for a guy who's only won $4+ Million within a year. lol.IMHO, I think he's overated.
uhhh...okay :roll: let me see, he finishes second in two major events(one of them being THE event) and he also wins a $3000 buyin event at Bellagio in oct. and what have you done JFarrell. Seriously this is one talented MFer who beats high middle limit games right now(he's only 24 so he'll be playing higher in time). I think he certaily isn't overrated and was much better than he was at the WSOP, he was more confident in his play(maybe this is where you get the cocky thing) and was willing to take risks that he wouldn't take just a few months earlier. He WILL have several bracelets by the time he hits 30, I have no doubt about that and he WILL win a WPT event sometime in the next few years, bank on it
I don't know. Josh just choked. Plain and simple. But the forum is right, he did seem human and like a decent sort on the show.
That was something I forgot to mention...Josh, to his credit, did a lot to show that his attitude at the WSOP was a one-off deal.

I really have to say that this was boring and uncreative poker. I overlook all the creative and aggressive plays by Williams, and only take notice of one bad play by Josh Arieh. None of these plays were creative, they were just typical plays that we see everyday on TV and were actually very boring. Wait, my name is not smash, and I am not a complete idiot, therefore, I feel the exact opposite of what I just said.The heads up play by both DN and Williams was very well played and enjoyable to watch. However, Smash is been much more creative at his 3/6 tables, and this would provide for much better TV. I know, I know, I am upsetting alot of people by insulting their "god". It's just funny how everyone who does anything different from smash, is considered to not know what their doing.

Why would you complain about a great, nay epic heads up battle?I though most of the hands played themselves, really. I was kind of bored by it.
That's exactly what I think of the majority of your posted hands, Smash. They all seem to play themselves. "T3off in MP2, easy fold". There are several elements in NL hold'em that aren't relavant or even available in limit hold'em, but I don't believe the reverse is true. Therefore, I believe NLHE to be a much more complex game than LHE.I've seen you make many comments about NLHE, which have been way off. That really suprises me, given your seemingly strong grasp of poker in general.I thought the final table was excellent last night, lots of subtle and even blatant things going on. Daniel showing that Q of Diamonds to Josh was perfect. It had Josh off of his game the rest of the night. He even mentioned it in the exit interview with Shana, which shows the importance, not only of the play itself, but of the mind games going on there as well.
I watched after it was over, and thought it was kind of strange that DN didn't go over to shake Williams' hand or anything (unless I missed it or was off camera). I kept waiting for the two to congratulate each other on a nice game, but just didn't see it.
Yep, you missed it, there was a tender hug.More televised evidence of Daniel's fruitiness. (SW)

smash, would you have preferred non-standard passive play? Folding when you are raised? Only raising when you have the nuts? That would have been really exciting! This is NL Hold'em we are talking about. What would have been exciting to you? I have always thought you were a jerk but this thread proves you are also an idiot. When we see you at a WPT final table maybe you can start spewing bs on forums, but until then keep quiet.ok, I got my anger out for the week.