Daniel Is In 1st Place At 1k Rebuy Event

The Daniel Negreanu ShowDaniel Negreanu calls an all-in blind pre-flop and flips up 5spade3heart. His opponent has Q-Q. The board comes 9club9spade2diamond6heart4club, and Negreanu makes a runner-runner straight to double up to $3,700 in chips.A few hands later, he gets all-in again with Jheart2club against AdiamondKdiamond. The board comes Jclub4diamond3club2heart8spade, and he doubles up to $6,150.The next hand, he tells a Card Player reporter that since he finally has a noteworthy stack, he has just started to look at his hole cards before acting. On his first such hand, he looks down at A-10, flops trip 10's, and adds $500 to his stack.On the next hand, he makes his first fold of the tournament, nearly two hours into the event. He wants it to be known that he folded suited cards (a very tough laydown).Later, the cocktail waitress comes by...and Negreanu doesn't have any $1 bills on him. James Bechtel buys him a water.Negreanu currently has $6,650 in tournament chips.
Haha this is to good to be true, I've got tears in my eyes from laughing
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Magic Number is 48Daniel Negreanu has rebought 48 times (that's $48,000 for any math majors out there).

He wasn't lying when he said he was perfectly fine with buying a bracelet. This breaks his record from last year or a couple years ago, doesn't it?

The Magic Number is 48Daniel Negreanu has rebought 48 times (that's $48,000 for any math majors out there).
ZOMG!
It will be interesting what place he needs get to make a profit. He must be having a hoot! Would love to talke to some of the otheres at the table.
I'm sure he'd gladly rebuy 100 times to win a bracelet even with no money prize money attached to it.

Negreanu Still GamblingWith four to the flop and $1,700 in the pot the flop comes 5spade4diamond3diamond. The player under the gun checks and Anthony Reategui bets $1,200. Daniel Negreanu who just lost to Reategui's Aces says, "You can't have Aces and Queens every hand can you?" Then Negreanu answers his own question and says, "No you can't," and calls. The next player folds, however the player under the gun raises $2,000 more. Negreanu says he feels like gambling and tells his opponent he has one out. He then calls. The 8spade falls on the turn and the player under the gun tries to go all in for $775 but forgets to put his last $50 in. Negreanu doesn't let him and says he doesn't want to put it in if he doesn't get there, and just calls. The river is the 9spade and the player under the gun checks and Negreanu not hiding his hand says, "I got there!" and bets $50. His opponent calls and shows 5heart5diamond. Negreanu wasn't lying as he has Aspade4spade. Negreanu syas, "I put him on a set. I didn't care." He has $10,000. Totally legitimate play. I still :club: DN.

as great as Daniel rebuying is, the funniest part of the tourney is E-Dog putting a 500 dollar bounty on busting the mouth. Could you imagine everytime you put a chip in the pot someone moves all in over you?

Negreanu Gets Away With OneWith the flop of 763 and $1,200 in the pot, Anthony Reategui checks and Daniel Negreanu bets $700. Reategui calls. The turn is the 6 and Reategui bets $1,100. Negreanu calls. After the 10 falls on the river Reategui checks. Negreanu goes all in. Reategui folds. Negreanu says, "I had you" and shows his bluff (QJ). Kid Poker adds, "I didn't think ya had anything."sounds like he is having fun today

well you need to ocnsider 2 things hereDN said he was getting bored at the begining of tourneys so u cant be too bored rebuying 48 times and also he won (according to his video blog) 400 thousand last nightso like 15% of what he won isnt too muchNegreanu's New CareerIf poker doesn't work out for Daniel Negreanu, there's always ultimate fighting. During a rare hand today in which Negreanu was taking a break, he was sparring with a female fan of his. She put him in an armbar and was teaching him the tecnique. The former marine is a member of Negreanu's website. Negreanu showed the move to one of our reporters, but his arm did not break, or even hurt after the move. The former marine said Kid Poker did not apply it correctly. The name of this site might become a real thing hahah

I'm sitting in my room at the Venitian waiting for the wife to get ready, drinking a Heini...We are heading over to the Rio in about 10 minutes to watch this insanity.A full report to follow (lord only knows when) :club: god I love Vegas............

How Many Does It Take?Some of our notable professional players are in for more rebuys than they'd like to admit. Some are flaunting their high numbers with pride. Take a look at what your favorite player spent on today's tournament. Daniel Negreanu - 48Gavin Smith - 12Joe Sebok - 5Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi - 11Mike "The Mouth" Matusow - 21Jennifer "Jennicide" Leigh - 3Tony G. - 12Michael Gracz - 4Tony Cousineau - 2Phil Hellmuth - 8Allen Kessler - 4Phil Gordon - 16Greg Raymer - 5Jennifer Tilly - 6David Williams - 4Clonie Gowen - 6Phil "The Unabomber" Laak - 0

well you need to ocnsider 2 things hereDN said he was getting bored at the begining of tourneys so u cant be too bored rebuying 48 times and also he won (according to his video blog) 400 thousand last nightso like 15% of what he won isnt too muchNegreanu's New CareerIf poker doesn't work out for Daniel Negreanu, there's always ultimate fighting. During a rare hand today in which Negreanu was taking a break, he was sparring with a female fan of his. She put him in an armbar and was teaching him the tecnique. The former marine is a member of Negreanu's website. Negreanu showed the move to one of our reporters, but his arm did not break, or even hurt after the move. The former marine said Kid Poker did not apply it correctly. The name of this site might become a real thing hahah
thought andibear was deployed somewhere, but that sounds like her. except i think "armlock" is a typo for "booblock."

I'm in vegas now. Watched some of the Mike Matusow show earlier. It was fun watching how he works a table, especially early in a rebuy tourney. Saw Lindgren toss a $500 chip to a player who busted Mike. Unfortunately, I missed the DN rebuy festival.

thought andibear was deployed somewhere, but that sounds like her. except i think "armlock" is a typo for "booblock."
Yeah, she's deployed. That booblock would be a fantasy to some of us members.