Nite Out For Drinks To All Gta Fcp'ers!

Couple things...1. Don't setup a meet expecting: free FCP stuff, or Daniel to make a cameo2. If you want to do this on Saturday, then lets pick a place we can shoot pool, drink many beers, watch the TV - poker can happen later. I'm all for getting people good and liquored up before breaking out the chips...3. In regards to poker - if we can't all fit in someone's house, then renting a hotel room or two might not be a bad idea... Paying for a dealer/rake is boolsheet (unless you're all card mechanics).4. My suggestion is somewhere downtown - D&B's is way too far north for most people to stumble home from. That being said, if we do go out there, maybe we can set up some carpooling (I would be coming in from Mississauga & can take a couple people - if you're not psychos/have remembered to put on deodorant).

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple things...1. Don't setup a meet expecting: free FCP stuff, or Daniel to make a cameo2. If you want to do this on Saturday, then lets pick a place we can shoot pool, drink many beers, watch the TV - poker can happen later. I'm all for getting people good and liquored up before breaking out the chips...3. In regards to poker - if we can't all fit in someone's house, then renting a hotel room or two might not be a bad idea... Paying for a dealer/rake is boolsheet (unless you're all card mechanics).4. My suggestion is somewhere downtown - D&B's is way too far north for most people to stumble home from. That being said, if we do go out there, maybe we can set up some carpooling (I would be coming in from Mississauga & can take a couple people - if you're not psychos/have remembered to put on deodorant).
Couple = 2BAZING!!!
bazing? Type with your hands, not the feet dammit...OK, more than 2 - but how many FCP'ers in Mississauga can there be?
Maybe I'm too easily amused but I think umop-apisdn is one of the smartest usernames.Can you guys figure out the genius of it?! Take a loooong look at the name.

i may be able to come, but i dunno if june 2nd is good for meand also ill probably be the youngest there so i need you degenerates to make a fellow degen feel more at home lolif im not there then hope u guys have fun

i am in, i think. i don't know toronto too well, though, except for downtown and bloor st., so i am withdrawing myself from all planning duties.

i am in, i think. i don't know toronto too well, though, except for downtown and bloor st., so i am withdrawing myself from all planning duties.
And I suck at poker and only drink so I am incapable of planning anything.

Set up a time and date and I'll show.DN has some pull with the Red Hot Poker Tour they throw tournaments for free at local bars around the GTA. If we can get together enough people at least 80 maybe DN could get us in on one just for FCP'ers.

Maybe I'm too easily amused but I think umop-apisdn is one of the smartest usernames.Can you guys figure out the genius of it?! Take a loooong look at the name.
upside down?but i like my version better, which is You mop piss DN.

I ll be there....Those that havent been to Dave and Busters its an awesome place....Its huge and its like an arcade for adults...However if people think Downtown is better , i dont mind....My car goes anywhereSerge

Looks like a potential good turn out. So far, based on the responses, I have the following members:j2k99, Gov, Royal_Tour, xxxmen?, fleung22, profxavier9, redrum?, owise1?, abbaddabba, thehidden, real deal?, TB17, umo-apisdn, timinator99, steamed rice (age factor?), simulcra, checkymcfold, sleuthis?, maxima and serge.Some issues might be for some is whether or not poker is involved and/or Friday nites are best and location. I'm really hoping that we can accommodate all 'cuz it would be nice to meet all of you.Royal and I will be discussing the event and keep you updated. :club:

Looks like a potential good turn out. So far, based on the responses, I have the following members:j2k99, Gov, Royal_Tour, xxxmen?, fleung22, profxavier9, redrum?, owise1?, abbaddabba, thehidden, real deal?, TB17, umo-apisdn, timinator99, steamed rice (age factor?), simulcra, checkymcfold, sleuthis?, maxima and serge.Some issues might be for some is whether or not poker is involved and/or Friday nites are best and location. I'm really hoping that we can accommodate all 'cuz it would be nice to meet all of you.Royal and I will be discussing the event and keep you updated. :club:
Good stuff.I think once you got event ready then just make a two-choice poll or something. Go with the majority 'cause you can't please everybody. There's no way everybody will make it.If the vote's close then you guys make the call since you've taken the initiative and put the work in.
Good stuff.I think once you got event ready then just make a two-choice poll or something. Go with the majority 'cause you can't please everybody. There's no way everybody will make it.If the vote's close then you guys make the call since you've taken the initiative and put the work in.
PM's are currently being sent to each member asking them to confirm location, etc. Royal and I would rather PM than a poll.
How far is Dave and Busters from Sauga?
I'd imagine your talking about Mississauga. If you are you drive either 427 N or 400 n to Hwy 7.Dave and busters is right beside the 400 just off 7Maxima

Hey all. Alright, we've received a lot of confirmations on attendance (15 so far) and it looks like it will be a go for June 2 at about 7pm. From the majority of you, it seems that downtown will be the place due to the subway line and other reasons. owise1 has suggested the Charlotte Room (King and Spadina) Charlotte Room where there are billiards and poker rooms available for booking. Can someone just confirm what that place is like before I go ahead and reserve? I'm thinking that by holding it there, we can kill two birds in one stone (drinks and poker), its up to you. I can only go so far as arranging this event. If you'd rather meet some where else for drinks and decide from there where to play poker, I will leave that up to you. All other details are pretty much set (time and date), just location is the only issue left to discuss. Respond now on the place!!!So, please mark June 2 on your calendars, cell phones, blackberry, palm, etc for a drink/poker nite with the GTA FCP'ers. Make sure to also bring digital camera's so we can post our event on the Forum. :club: Thanks all for your responses. Looking forward to meeting you all.UPDATE!!I've contacted the Charlotte Room and they charge $12/hour/table. It's an 8-man table and will provide the chips and cards. Unfortunately, they only have one table available on June 2. Obviously, they do not want to see any real $$ anywhere, but for those who want to make a little wager, it can be arranged between us ahead of time.

Wow, hey, if it's the Charlotte Room, please include me, as I live downtown West and can easily make that jump.After viewing the link, it looks like a nice place. This is from their Appetizer menu:Basil rubbed chicken skewers with our signature spicy Thai peanut sauce.I don't know who Basil is, but I hope he didn't contribute to the sauce as well.

Wow, hey, if it's the Charlotte Room, please include me, as I live downtown West and can easily make that jump.
Sorry for leaving you out Mercury. I wasn't sure if you lived in the GTA. :club:
Sorry for leaving you out Mercury. I wasn't sure if you lived in the GTA. :club:
JK, no problem, sir, I hadn't made a commitment bid, as I wasn't sure about my participation.