Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread

I'll ressurrect this thread for you all by letting you know that in my 27 years on this planet there is not a scarier sight in baseball than looking up and seeing Pujols at the plate. Maybe it's because he's in the Cubs division, and I missed a lot of Bonds road games because they were so late, but when he is up I am practically writing at least a single on my scorecard and getting ready to write more before he even steps in the box. Even like 80% of his outs seem like line drives that someone has to make a play on. He's really ****ing scary.
They'll still find a way to not give him MVP award again.
  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats because he is the best hitter since Ted Williams.
Home run hitter or all around hitter?Edit: Just looked at Albert's stats. No doubt he is the best hitter since Williams.
Gee, thanks Tony for sitting Pujols, Glaus, and Ludwick vs the DBacks tonight. *******.
I actually was gonna start a thread about this.........But do you think teams have a duty to the integrity of the game to play to win every game, even when the game means nothing to themselves.My vote is.....No, although I think its a bit different for the Cards to sit guys then a team that has games upcoming in October to worry about.
how dare Tony give guys who've been playing daily for 7 months a day off.Tony has a responsibility only to his players and his team. not anyone else. same with any manager.
I agree, but that doesn't change my feelings about the timing in this case. 2-0 Cardinals early, so hopefully it doesn't matter.
going against a rookie pitcher (who i faced in high school - took him to the fence, but thats not important) was a blessing. plus, dbacks got no O.
You played against Max Scherzer (sp?) ? That's pretty cool, he's got a very good arm. How hard was he throwing in hs?
You played against Max Scherzer (sp?) ? That's pretty cool, he's got a very good arm. How hard was he throwing in hs?
He was 89-91 then. He didnt have that splitter either. He was good, but no way did I think he would make it to the bigs that fast.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Set to acquire Khalil Greene today... can't complain there as long as we don't dish Perez or Motte. I like it. A lot more than I thought we'd do this off season.

Set to acquire Khalil Greene today... can't complain there as long as we don't dish Perez or Motte. I like it. A lot more than I thought we'd do this off season.
I'll wait to pass final judgment when I see who they give up, but this really doesnt impress me. Where is the bullpen help?

As a native of San Diego, be prepared to watch one of the most amazing defensive shortstops ever. I'm not comparing him to Ozzie Smith, but you guys did it to San Diego again. He has surprising power and despite his low average, he gets his fair share of timely hits.Don't judge him by his body language, because you will never ever see any emotion out of him, and don't think he doesn't care because of it, he does. He's also a heavily religious, Ba hai, I think it is, and has never had alcohol, soda, or any type of sugar. Plus he's a semi-serious rapper.

Yes, as a lifelong Padre fan, I am really scratching my head on this one. We had no backup SS last year and now we trade this guy when his value is at an all-time low?... Khalil doesn't show any emotion whatsover, but he can play some D and has some pop. He ****ing rakes when he plays on the road at all the NL Central parks so I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit over 30 bombs. I've already been thinking about the Ozzie comparison and I know it's going to happen again. The cards just got a steal.As for Peavy, this whole thing is just goddamn ridiculous. The owner is getting a divorce and it's so ****ing obvious he's dismantling the team to get the payroll down and the overall value of the team down so he won't have to pay this bitch. Women are destroying my life even though I don't have a wife or anything close to a girlfriend. I'm pissed.