Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know when Colby Rasmus will be up? I really want to see what this kid can do.
Not sure but in some quotes when Duncan got sent down, Daniel LaRussa said that “There isn’t any outfielder in our system that has more potential to be an impact, productive player than Chris Duncan..” Ummmm, I think he's nuts, potential wise Rasmus is on par with just about anyone I would think...however this is coming from a guy who drives drunk while rescuing animals simulcastly....
Not sure but in some quotes when Duncan got sent down, Daniel LaRussa said that “There isn’t any outfielder in our system that has more potential to be an impact, productive player than Chris Duncan..” Ummmm, I think he's nuts, potential wise Rasmus is on par with just about anyone I would think...however this is coming from a guy who drives drunk while rescuing animals simulcastly....
You're forgetting, Rasmus isn't he son of his Pitching Coach/Friend. LaRussa is pretty blind when it comes to Chris Duncan. The guy hasn't done ANYTHING since he got he sports hernia or whatever it was last year. Before that, he was actually a very productive player.Pujols/Wainwright both go down in the same week. LaRussa needs to really shine here, because the Cards could be in trouble otherwise. tread water, stay afloat...help is on the way eventually.
God I wish my Royals played in your crappy division/league. NL sucks...good luck avoiding the sweep tomorrow. Yeah, that's right, I'm trash talking while I can.
so sad
Yes, it is sad that Cards trolls come to my thread the same way and say the same things. Sorry you couldn't avoid the sweep and can't handle a little trash-talk.
you're right, i couldnt avoid that sweep. i've been in a slump lately. im only hitting .247 over the past month. i'll pick it up in july though, i always do.

Chris Duncan and injuries are combining to kill this team. Here's hoping the Cards sweep the Royals in KC so we can see if KK decides to venture over this way again. I like his tried and true method of knocking the NL Central. He's good for that at least a few times a season. Congrats on sweeping the Cards while missing all our best pitching and 3 starters (Pujols, Molina, and Tony's objectivity when it comes to Chris Duncan).

Chris Duncan and injuries are combining to kill this team. Here's hoping the Cards sweep the Royals in KC so we can see if KK decides to venture over this way again. I like his tried and true method of knocking the NL Central. He's good for that at least a few times a season. Congrats on sweeping the Cards while missing all our best pitching and 3 starters (Pujols, Molina, and Tony's objectivity when it comes to Chris Duncan).
I'm not knocking the NL Central. I'm knocking the entire National League. How many times does the AL have to completely demolish the NL to prove which league is VASTLY superior? It's not even close and don't worry, when the Royals do play awful, I don't avoid talking about it. Other people take shots at KC all the time in the Royals thread and I deal with it...so when we do well...you better believe I'm gonna do a little trash talking to the "best fans in baseball."Also..blaming it on injuries is pathetic. They happen to every team. I guess I can blame the Royals sucking the past 4-5 years on Sweeney being hurt all the time, right?
I'm not knocking the NL Central. I'm knocking the entire National League. How many times does the AL have to completely demolish the NL to prove which league is VASTLY superior? It's not even close and don't worry, when the Royals do play awful, I don't avoid talking about it. Other people take shots at KC all the time in the Royals thread and I deal with it...so when we do well...you better believe I'm gonna do a little trash talking to the "best fans in baseball."Also..blaming it on injuries is pathetic. They happen to every team. I guess I can blame the Royals sucking the past 4-5 years on Sweeney being hurt all the time, right?
Eh, most people don't lose the best player in the game. I'm just saying the Royals got to play the Cards at an opportune time in during the season, which you can't deny. Generally the NL is pretty crappy this season. I actually think the Central might be the strongest this season in the NL. Cards did take 2/3 from the Red Sox (no Papi, no Pujols, pretty fair comparison). That's clearly a large enough sample size to make a judgement :club:
Also..blaming it on injuries is pathetic. They happen to every team. I guess I can blame the Royals sucking the past 4-5 years on Sweeney being hurt all the time, right?
I think losing your ace, best hitter, and best defensive player is going to hurt a team and is way more than 'other teams' injuries.
I think losing your ace, best hitter, and best defensive player is going to hurt a team and is way more than 'other teams' injuries.
Part of the game. Prepare for more pain starting Friday.
QFT! :club: Unless not......then I never said this.
Yeah. I wouldnt' be surprised if we dropped two of three to them. We can't stay this red-hot forever...we gotta drop a series at some point. As long as we don't get swept so we can say we won the season series.

First 5 innings, 9 hits, 0 runs. When will Tony realize Villone is effective as a situational lefty, but terrible against righties? For such a stats guy, he seems to be ignoring the obvious statistics.EDIT: Gotta love Pujols coming back from the DL to go 4-4 w/ an IBB.

Don't worry, you guys will probably crush Davies tomorrow. He'll probably try to let you win one game against us by walking a ton of batters. I expect to be blown out tomorrow.

Mark Mulder pitched the 9th today. I saw it with my own 2 eyes, yet I still can't really believe. Not sure what shocked me more...that, or Chris Duncan actually hitting a HR again.Also, are the Mets always that bad defensively? Yikes.