Great Concerts You've Attended

Here are a few that come to mindRage Against the Machine and Wu-Tang in 1997 -- I was 17 and loved both of them. Zach from Rage had just busted his ankle in New Jersey the night before and no one knew if Rage would even play. Wu-Tang did a 2 hour set because Rage was MIA, and they did some pretty sick freestyles. Rage eventually did hit the stage and played for about 60 minutes. Great show.Deftones in 2000 -- It was the White Pony tour at a small venue and I had a great spot to stand. I've seen Deftones 5 times and that was the best the band sounded at any show I attended. Every Muse show I've been to -- I've been to three of them, and all before Black Holes and Revelations came out (thank god). I've seen them at one small venue, Curiosa, and a medium venue. Queens of the Stone Age at Lollapalooza -- It ended up being the only redeeming thing about that bill. Too bad I didn't get into QOTSA until Songs for the Deaf. I missed out on a lot of good shows.Sno-Core circa 2000 -- The bill was Puya, Mr. Bungle, Incubus, and System of a Down. It was really cool seeing Mike Patten/Mr. Bungle but the best was seeing System of a Down in a small venue because everyone knew all the words, and you just knew they were going to be a huge band. Up In Smoke Tour -- Is that the name of it? Anyways, it was Cee-Lo Green, Lauryn Hill, Jurassic 5, The Roots, and Outkast. Amazing stuff. Interpol -- One of my favorite bands. I've seen them a bunch of times, but the first was the best. They sound so tight live, and they did two sets of encores, ending the night with my favorite song. I'm seeing Arcade Fire next month so I might as well add that to the list right now.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June 26, 1988 - Van Halen's Monsters of Rock at Giant's StadiumVan Halen, Metallica, Kingdom Come, Dokken, Scorpions9 hours longAugust 11, 1991 - The First Lollapalooza hosted by Janes Addiction at Waterloo Village, Stanhope, NJJane's Addiction, Living Colour, Ice-T, The Rollins Band, The Butthole Surfers, and Nine Inch Nails10 hours long2 Amazing shows that I was very lucky to get to see!Another show that blew me away.. I went to a show at The Ritz in NY (can't remember the date) to see the Ramones like I did everytime they played around town. There was this little band I never heard of opening up for them.. Holy Crap! Social Distortion ROCKED THE HOUSE!! I was addicted from that day forward.. I have been to so many shows over the years it is hard to chose the best ones. so I chose the really memorable ones..

the only reaon I wiah I was olderZeppelin and the Beatles, I wish I could have seen them back in the day...to bad im only 18I saw Ludacris in Atlanta @ the Final Four which is the only real live performance Ive seenI missed The Killers this year and I might go see The Fray @ Jones Beach this summer but thats it

I'm seeing Arcade Fire next month so I might as well add that to the list right now.
I saw them live two years ago at the Sasquatch Festival at the Gorge. Amazing.
AlterbridgeMark Tremonti is a beast...definitely one of the most underrated guitar players ever, because of that idiot he used to play with.
I threw up in my mouth a little bit at this one. Roger Waters,Phish, Mettalica, etc.,and then.....Alterbridge. Somewhere, The God of good Music is writing down your name in a book, and the book is entitled,"People to punch in the ****."

2003 BIG DAY OUT australia gold coast Jane's Addiction, Foo Fighters, Kraftwerk, The Music, Luke Slater, Chicks on Speed, Wilco, Gonzales, Jebediah, Murderdolls, PJ Harvey, Sparta, Cog, Machine Gun Fellatio, The Waifs, DJ Kid Kenobi, Millencolin, Waikiki, You Am I, Queens of the Stone Age, The Living End, Augie March, Deftones, Mark Dynamix, Resin Dogs, 28 Days, Pacifier (Shihad), The Vines, Frenzal Rhomb, Neil Hamburger, The Hard Ons, Bexta, 1200 Techniques, Rocket Science, Xzibit.some good bands there. not the best line up in BDO history but very respectable and the only one i have been to.

I threw up in my mouth a little bit at this one. Roger Waters,Phish, Mettalica, etc.,and then.....Alterbridge. Somewhere, The God of good Music is writing down your name in a book, and the book is entitled,"People to punch in the ****."
Dude you dont know anything about music then. Alterbridge is a modern day Led Zeppelin. Have you actually listened to their album more than once? Put some good headphones on and listen to "The End Is Here" with the volume moderately loud, listen to what Tremonti does there, and then get back to me. Do the same for "Metalingus".Plus they put on a truly great live show. You dont have a right to say anything about that unless you've seen them.