Anyone Have Sitngo Tips?

Hey guys,I've been playing SNG's at $5 and $10 Buy-ins. What I wanted to ask, is if thereare any tips or techniques that someone can give to me when playing theseSNG that are shorthanded TURBO.I find that the site FCP seems to let the short stack back. What I mean is that your Preflop cards(For example A-A) against an opponent is(7-2). The short stack seems to hit there set etc. I sometimes think the software allows the short stacked to get back into game because more play is more rake. This is a generalization and observation not exclusively to this site but others as well withpokeroom.com or java based software.Basically if anyone can offer tips that would be great. Also does anyone find a change in level of play by playing higher limit SITNGO's as opposed to $5 STG?I find in $5 game I'm just going to get called no matter if I raise a pot,and I get rivered when I'm holding a premium category 1 hand. AA-AK-KK-QQ.Does anyone feel the same way as I do?? You basically can't slow play online very much I find. I want to hear your comments especially those that play SNG.

This subject will interest me. I always look at the TURBO SNG's as a "Push and Pray Crapshoot" but maybe there is some strategy to it.

Make your moves early. Up until a few weeks ago I wouldn't touch a Turbo SNG. But since I'm always pressed for time I'll play em from time to time. Turns out I've won more of those than reg SNG's.My guess is other peoples tightness and knowing when to steal. The way I look at it the better I steal the easier it is to lay down a marginal hand when need be.

i usually play 1 of 2 wayseither play crazy try to double up a few times from the donks or...wait for solid hands wait for the morons to knock eachother out then play some real poker with the ones left.i know how you feel as well. i played a 20 dollar on party a few days ago. this one player went all in every hand no matter what. even with players folding 30 times then limping in. he didnt seem to understand that them limping in meant they had a strong hand lol

How much extra rake does a poker site get for extending a SitnGo?Their motivation should be to give everyone a huge pocket pair, and let one person hit a straight flush and end it after one game, then you would have to buyin again and pay the rake.sets happen 1 in 7 times, that's not so rare that you should suspect cheating.

turbo's?why bother? are u that desperate to get in as many SnG's that you need turbo's?and to the fellow who mentioned make your moves early, I have a great SnG record, I hardly play them because i prefer cash games over Sng'sbut my tips and tricks have been to play more hands early, while blinds are low, BuT! not risking your stack on chances,letting the game take its pace, getting a quick feel of who the aggressors are, and who can gain your respect, make your steals on the ones you feel will respect you, and tangle big hands vs the aggressors.once you're down to 3 way, make sure you're being aggressive, and dont try to take everyone out at once. Let the two others do their own work also, once down to heads up, Be aggressive and look for the perfect time to strike. Not as much patince as a Heads up match, but more patience than a MTT heads up battle.FCP forum challenge captain winner, and 100% SnG win rate. (in the FCPFC that is)haha

To win at sngs at that low of a level you just need to play abc poker. I don't buy your comment that you "always" get rivered when you hold a top hand. First, the rake does not increase, the longer you stay. If anything, it deceases because you wont pump your $ into another sng. Second, online poker sites make a ton of money without cheating. If it came out that they were cheating, their business would be ruined. Turbos are NOT a crapshoot. If you are serious about learning how to build a bankroll through turbos i suggest paying money to an instuctional site that will tell you exactly what to do. There's a ton of em. Little piece of advice: push when on the bubble (4-5 ppl left) when you can be the first in at a pot.

Hey guys,I've been playing SNG's at $5 and $10 Buy-ins. What I wanted to ask, is if thereare any tips or techniques that someone can give to me when playing theseSNG that are shorthanded TURBO.I find that the site FCP seems to let the short stack back. What I mean is that your Preflop cards(For example A-A) against an opponent is(7-2). The short stack seems to hit there set etc. I sometimes think the software allows the short stacked to get back into game because more play is more rake. This is a generalization and observation not exclusively to this site but others as well withpokeroom.com or java based software.Basically if anyone can offer tips that would be great. Also does anyone find a change in level of play by playing higher limit SITNGO's as opposed to $5 STG?I find in $5 game I'm just going to get called no matter if I raise a pot,and I get rivered when I'm holding a premium category 1 hand. AA-AK-KK-QQ.Does anyone feel the same way as I do?? You basically can't slow play online very much I find. I want to hear your comments especially those that play SNG.

RT - I'm a little slow so I'm confused. I mentioned making moves early. Were you saying you agreed or disagreed with me?The reason I play SNG's is because I like tournament formats MUCH better than cash games. I cut my teeth so to speak in live tournaments. So I've become accustomed to that way of playing. I seem to be a big donk at online cash games. So I stick with what I think I'll have success at.I'm also,like many, very busy with my regular old life, a slew of kids and a fairly demanding job. So sometimes I've got very limited time. Turbos allow me to get it going and have some fun.Last night I was playing 2 tourneys while feeding my 2 month old daughter and cooking dinner on the grill for the my wife and 2 of the other kids, while getting ready to go watch my son pitch in a baseball game.

I have a really good winrate on these over at Bodog. TAG, TAG, TAG.Limp small pocket pairs pre-flop and call any subsequent raises within reason--your implied odds are astronomical in these games. Smash's strategy would actually be optimal for the first couple of rounds, but you can actually play quite a wide range of hands and make some good money if you know what you are doing.Don't feel like you have to get a big stack really early. I have won these things and literally not played a pot until the blinds were 100-200. That is the beauty of Turbos. People feel like they are in a hurry to build their stack and play waaaay to LAG. It will make it easy for you to start to pick off pots in the later rounds because people will have you pegged as a rock, when really you are just playing decent poker.Tighten up a little bit towards the end, obviously, until you are 4-5 handed. If you have a big stack, these games get really easy to bully at that point because of the blind structure.The real problem with them is, by the time you get into the money it is a complete crapshoot. I've been a massive chip-leader numerous times and ended up 3rd because the blinds get so big.Play them enough and you will be able to start to beat them pretty regularly and will notice a lot of things in people's play that will help you.Couple of tips:A min raise will fold to an all in approximately 2% of the time, so if you wake up with a big hand, push. You will not be dissapointed.If the flop comes 3 of the same suit, and someone pushes, they actually have the flush .000004% of the time. somehow, the word leaked that the optimum strategy for a coordinated board is to push from UTG without a made hand.EDIT--those last two percentages are made up and are meant to be funny, but get the point?

RT - I'm a little slow so I'm confused. I mentioned making moves early. Were you saying you agreed or disagreed with me?The reason I play SNG's is because I like tournament formats MUCH better than cash games. I cut my teeth so to speak in live tournaments. So I've become accustomed to that way of playing. I seem to be a big donk at online cash games. So I stick with what I think I'll have success at.I'm also,like many, very busy with my regular old life, a slew of kids and a fairly demanding job. So sometimes I've got very limited time. Turbos allow me to get it going and have some fun.Last night I was playing 2 tourneys while feeding my 2 month old daughter and cooking dinner on the grill for the my wife and 2 of the other kids, while getting ready to go watch my son pitch in a baseball game.
Sorry, If you meant making moves by playing more hands, but stil remaining relatively TAG, thats what i meant.I just had the idea you were saying you need to build your stack early and gamble or you dont stand a chance.
sets happen 1 in 7 times, that's not so rare that you should suspect cheating.
1 in 9.3 times* (that is 8.3 to 1 against flopping a set and nothing better), 1 in 8.5 times (7.5 to 1 against flopping a set or better) As far as turbo SNGs at low limits, you can still afford to play somewhat tight (unless it's ultra turbo) i.e. don't feel pressured to call raises early with KT etc.. 1. Make sure you are taking advantage of position, lots of times you will be able to make a raise, and then use a continuation bet and take down the pot right there.2. Don't be afraid to make reraises with small pairs.3. Don't give up the lead unless you have a good reason4. Don't make stupid bets ('Dark-tunnel bluffs'), make sure you are betting for value or because you feel your opponent is weak and will fold, not because you have no idea where you are in the hand.5. Bet the end for value, lots of times you'll reach the river, don't just say to yourself, "the pot's big enough already, i'll just check and see if I win", throw out another bet, especially if not apparent draw has hit.6. Because of the structure, you ARE going to have to gamble some time. This does not mean what til you're shortstacked then move in with A3, most times you are much better off moving in before you get severely shortstacked with two connecting (and preferably suited) cards. Note: this is moving in, your goal is obviously to pick up the blinds without getting called, You really do not want to call of your chips with hands like these, and the reason in doing so is that when you move in with hands like A3, K8, etc... when you eventually do get called you are often dominated. If you do get severely shortstacked it's fine to do this because you will get calls from hands you have beat and you are in dire need of doubling up, so hopefully you A3 can hold up against a hand like T6. 7. Many of your plays should be automatic toward the end, make sure you learn some of the math if you haven't already, or at least try to get a decent feel when you should be calling with any two cards, or situations where you should be raising with any two cards just because of your chip stack and fold equity.8. Don't be paranoid about online poker, and like Balloon guy said, even if it was true (which it isn't), it'd be in the best interest of the online site to end the sng as quickly as possible, unlike a ring a game where rake is taken each hand in a SNG it's only taken once, the quicker it's over the quicker another one can get started.These are all obviously opinional things, but hopefully they get you thinking about some of the right things. If you're able to, I'd suggest watching higher buy-in turbos, if not on FCP, maybe on a site like UB and see what type of things these players are doing. Good Luck and Have Fun.
Sorry, If you meant making moves by playing more hands, but stil remaining relatively TAG, thats what i meant.I just had the idea you were saying you need to build your stack early and gamble or you dont stand a chance.
No, I wasn't saying that. I was saying play smart not necessarily tight tho. I mean see who's doing what and go from there. If you're in mid or late position and the only people left are people that play pretty tight then raise it with mediocre hands. That can backfire when you try to push em off the flop and they raise you. I agree I don't make total sense but I do have a method to my madness. Maybe my hidden method is to ulimatly go broke. :club:

I play a few of these when I don't have long and fancy a quick game,my tips are as follows:1. Don't post on a forum whilst playing one, they buzz at you far too often for you to pay proper attention to the game! :P2. WAIT for premium hands and play them aggressively, so many hands get dealt in quick succession that people forget u havn't seen a flop in 10 hands.3. Don't open limp into a pot, better still, don't limp into any pot, people love to see flops in turbo SnGs so punish them for it, the 4 BBs you save not limping into a pot will succeed in winning you 3-5 BBs each time you raise.4. Suited connectors have much smaller value in a turbo game, the blinds raise so quickly u need to flop a hand or get out, you can't call down on a draw and fold, you need the chips, much the same as a MTT, 850 doubles to 1700 whereas 700 doubles to only 14.5. Don't get frustrated, if you open raise the button 3x BB with AJ offsuit and the BB jams, let him bluff you, you will get that premium hand soon enough.6. DO NOT call down with a junk kicker, in my experience a min raise preflop often says AK so whilst an A3 suited may seem good against a min raise, if you hit that ace, watch out!I will add more once I finish this one, Heads up at the mo and u need to change your game at that point......Ok it ended rather quick! lol! Got 2nd not bad for about 15 minutes work, bit annoying though, got it in with A9 suited as shorter stack and his A8 suited made a flush on the river.Anyhow, Heads Up you can play any two, moreso than in a usual Heads Up situation:1. Make sure you are willing to commit all your chips with any hand you make or call a preflop raise with, with the blinds so high you have no choice, you can't recover from a very short stack, it's only one or two BBs.2. Raise any ace3. Depending on the blinds you can't go wrong with an all in preflop, as Doyle says, 'put the man to the decision for all his chips.'4. 2nd place is not always worth the effort, the SnGs on willhill that I play are only 1.5x buy in for second! Always aim for first, not just to cash.5. The short stacks get forced in with junk very quickly, don't get greedy and bust out when there's a guy with 2 BBs left, wait 2 hands.6. Learn Pot odds, they are much more valuable to your play when the short stacks start to push.Right, that's all I can think of right now, any other questions you have, post em, any other thoughts I have, I will post them! Lol!also TTP/MMQ(Turn Turbo Pro/ Make Millions Quickly)

Hey guys,I find that the site FCP seems to let the short stack back. What I mean is that your Preflop cards(For example A-A) against an opponent is(7-2). The short stack seems to hit there set etc. I sometimes think the software allows the short stacked to get back into game because more play is more rake.
Collecting rake by extending a SnG? Interesting theory...
Basically if anyone can offer tips that would be great. Also does anyone find a change in level of play by playing higher limit SITNGO's as opposed to $5 STG?I find in $5 game I'm just going to get called no matter if I raise a pot,and I get rivered when I'm holding a premium category 1 hand. AA-AK-KK-QQ.Does anyone feel the same way as I do?? You basically can't slow play online very much I find. I want to hear your comments especially those that play SNG.
There are lots of people who don't understand the game playing the $5 games, and yes, they will river you frequently with their bad calls, but if you can't win against them enough to make a profit, you need to look at your own game, not theirs. I don't play SnGs or MTTs a lot because of those reasons, but I find that as I improve via cash games, my fortunes in the SnGs improve... imagine that.I can't say definitely about the skill in the more expensive ones... I've only played a small number of them, I won a $20 one, but usually lose the $10 ones.Those Turbo ones seem to me like they are for people who don't have access to slot machines, but that's just me.
Hey guys,I find that the site FCP seems to let the short stack back. What I mean is that your Preflop cards(For example A-A) against an opponent is(7-2). The short stack seems to hit there set etc. I sometimes think the software allows the short stacked to get back into game because more play is more rake. This is a generalization and observation not exclusively to this site but others as well withpokeroom.com or java based software.
Just want to let you know that for SnG games, your rake is only your entry fee. The site would much rather that you get the game over with, so that you'll start a new one and they'll get more money off you.

Sorry I meant rake on cash games and getting rivered! But I do like somesuggestions mentioned here. I thought this guy and his site offered some interesting SITNGO information. I thought I would share with you all.i've heard of this guy,and like his techniques as mentioned by others in this post.www.zeejustin.comRead and comment. Nice bankroll.

i usually play 1 of 2 wayseither play crazy try to double up a few times from the donks or...wait for solid hands wait for the morons to knock eachother out then play some real poker with the ones left.
This is the way to do it. If I get dealt a decent hand early, or really catch a flop, I push to build a stack. Once you have a stack, then you can see a lot of flops, or just sit back and let the others damage each other. If I don't catch anything early, I sit back and wait until I do. Wait -- you said you play short handed turbo? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Game selection might be part of your trouble.
tips for turbo SNG's?Don't play them or be really lucky, because skill doesn't matter 15 minutes in.
While I don't completely disagree with you...I think there is a lot of value in them for above average players. I think later on when the blinds are high there are definitely still strategies that dominate others and while it does come down to being a little lucky, I think there is still some skill left, though instead of postflop play, it's all about preflop play, just like poker superstars invitational.

I like playing the turbo tournaments because recently I've seldom had time to play big MTT's or to wait patiently in cash games. Though I absolutely agree the level of variance is much higher, I've had enough success long-term to believe they're beatable. My general strategy involves seeing suited connectors and most other middling hands cheaply for the first 2-3 rounds and raising 8-10 BB's with large pairs or big hands. If I manage to make a big hand and double up early, I make sure to tighten down my hand selection a little and avoid the temptation to call down most 'all-in' plays, regardless of whether I think they're steals. It's how I justify that I'm eliminating some of the variance in these turbos.Down to final 3 or so, I try to loosen up and take some control of the table. From here, it's usually judgment calls and playing your stack/position against theirs and being mindful of the blind levels. Just my two cents, and I'm sure most people acknowledge this as simply common sense, but I've been able to enjoy success applying this simple strategy as a guideline, so I figured I'd share. Have a good one

Hey guys,I've been playing SNG's at $5 and $10 Buy-ins. What I wanted to ask, is if thereare any tips or techniques that someone can give to me when playing theseSNG that are shorthanded TURBO.
I find that the site FCP seems to let the short stack back. What I mean is that your Preflop cards(For example A-A) against an opponent is(7-2). The short stack seems to hit there set etc. I sometimes think the software allows the short stacked to get back into game because more play is more rake. This is a generalization and observation not exclusively to this site but others as well withpokeroom.com or java based software.
Basically if anyone can offer tips that would be great. Also does anyone find a change in level of play by playing higher limit SITNGO's as opposed to $5 STG?
I find a little change in play when I move from $5 to $10. There is also a difference in the time that you might play compared to the competition. I play around 3pm-6pm. I find that playing at these times bring out more fish. If I play after 6 pm EST, then the play gets better. As for the higher SNG, don't have the bankroll to justify the play.
I find in $5 game I'm just going to get called no matter if I raise a pot,and I get rivered when I'm holding a premium category 1 hand. AA-AK-KK-QQ.
It happens probably more times than not in any level. You don't see it in the higher levels as much because experienced players know when to lay down and are aware of how many outs they have to even consider playing the hand. If they have a misread, they push and then maybe get lucky. But in the $5 (imo) people go to the river with AK (Ace high) more times when it's obvious they are beat.
Does anyone feel the same way as I do?? You basically can't slow play online very much I find. I want to hear your comments especially those that play SNG.
I try not to slow play much because it creates variance in your betting. If you are a TAG, then bet bet bet. Because it will be hard to define when you hit a monster or when you missed. They will have to pay. It then becomes obvious when someone has a monster because most of the time when you bet, they call or fold. If you get a big reraise, well they either don't like you raising all the time and have something little or they have a monster.Hope this helps. MJ

When I play Sit & Go's I only play the turbos. It's going to be a push fest at the end of a Sit & Go anyways, might as well have it come quicker rather than later. This way I can play more of them and increase my hourly winrate. It's not poker, you're not outplaying your opponents, it's a math game.