Daniel Negreanu Is An Uninteresting And Insecure Person......

This forum, and it's creator, used to be so interesting. Over the last few months however, the forum, along with the creator, have proven themselves to be only prima facie interesting. They both appear to be comprised of entities which lack actual self confidence, and thus must reassure themselves of their self worth through typing their attempts at philosophical inquiry into said forum. These individuals hope to affirm at least a quasi-positive feeling of actual self-originated substance to their "opinions" through the amount of people which show interest in said typed comments. Here's a clue, both to those with 7 trillion posts, and to anyone who tries to affirm their self worth through an electronic communication forum. You are looking in the wrong spot for your self esteem. Suffice to say I hope you all- and particularly Daniel due to his visibility- find actual self esteem someday. The world will be a better place for it, and in an exponentially more important case for each of you- so will your lives. The real question now, for each of you, becomes.....WHO IS JOHN GALT? Since I won't be visiting the site anymore after this post, I wish you all good luck in your search for the answer to this vitally important question. Goodbye.-- Constant lurker and infrequent poster for about a year and a half.-- Nate

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like kindergarden responses to me. The guy makes an interesting point and you guys respond with whoopy cushion responses? What has this forum come to, middle schoolers?
It's not the kind of thing any of us really feel overly inclined to put forth a response.DN is a dude that likes to play poker. Suddenly poker gets huge, DN gets an agent, and he gets to be a big kid. In a lot of ways he's still a teenager.. the dude plays video games and loves pool and good food and friends.. he's starting to get into religion and politics more and so he'll have some immature views and some pretty "superficial" moments ...and thats ok because its his blog, and he's just some dude, and we all happen to think hes an awesome poker player and a cool guy.So let me be the first to say to the OP: later!
sounds like kindergarden responses to me. The guy makes an interesting point and you guys respond with whoopy cushion responses? What has this forum come to, middle schoolers?
I missed the interesting part..?

This forum, and it's creator, used to be so interesting. Over the last few months however, the forum, along with the creator, have proven themselves to be only prima facie interesting. They both appear to be comprised of entities which lack actual self confidence, and thus must reassure themselves of their self worth through typing their attempts at philosophical inquiry into said forum. These individuals hope to affirm at least a quasi-positive feeling of actual self-originated substance to their "opinions" through the amount of people which show interest in said typed comments. Here's a clue, both to those with 7 trillion posts, and to anyone who tries to affirm their self worth through an electronic communication forum. You are looking in the wrong spot for your self esteem. Suffice to say I hope you all- and particularly Daniel due to his visibility- find actual self esteem someday. The world will be a better place for it, and in an exponentially more important case for each of you- so will your lives. The real question now, for each of you, becomes.....WHO IS JOHN GALT? Since I won't be visiting the site anymore after this post, I wish you all good luck in your search for the answer to this vitally important question. Goodbye.Just in case you come back after your "last post" like so many others have, I'll note for your benefit that the bolded section above is exactly what YOU are doing.And just in case you think that what you wrote in philosophising, I advise you not to confuse making blanket statements (which you seem to have a knack for) with philosophical inquiry.And please spare me the Ayn Rand reference. I too went through a Rand phase - for about a week. Trust me, get over it, you'll feel better.Incidentally, John Galt was an Englishman who founded the town of Guelph, Ontario. Which happens to be Gavin Smith's home town. What a nice little oblique reference - but it's likely you were unaware of it.

They both appear to be comprised of entities which lack actual self confidence, and thus must reassure themselves of their self worth through typing their attempts at philosophical inquiry into said forum.
Aren't you trying to reassure yourself of your self-worth with this post? Otherwise, why make it? Why not just leave?Monty
Is this the Nate the Great from 2+2?
no, and I'll give u two reasons. 1) Nate tha Great wouldn't bother making this type of post at all, he is a positive guy who just wants to help people out at poker and, 2) this guy's IP is from SoCal, Nate tha Great is from chicago
This forum, and it's creator, used to be so interesting. Over the last few months however, the forum, along with the creator, have proven themselves to be only prima facie interesting. They both appear to be comprised of entities which lack actual self confidence, and thus must reassure themselves of their self worth through typing their attempts at philosophical inquiry into said forum. These individuals hope to affirm at least a quasi-positive feeling of actual self-originated substance to their "opinions" through the amount of people which show interest in said typed comments. Here's a clue, both to those with 7 trillion posts, and to anyone who tries to affirm their self worth through an electronic communication forum. You are looking in the wrong spot for your self esteem. Suffice to say I hope you all- and particularly Daniel due to his visibility- find actual self esteem someday. The world will be a better place for it, and in an exponentially more important case for each of you- so will your lives. The real question now, for each of you, becomes.....WHO IS JOHN GALT? Since I won't be visiting the site anymore after this post, I wish you all good luck in your search for the answer to this vitally important question. Goodbye.-- Constant lurker and infrequent poster for about a year and a half.-- Nate
612capture_tombstone03.jpgWell........ bye.
no, and I'll give u two reasons. 1) Nate tha Great wouldn't bother making this type of post at all, he is a positive guy who just wants to help people out at poker and, 2) this guy's IP is from SoCal, Nate tha Great is from chicago
I assumed it wasn't. TY.
:icon_sad:I tell you what. His post just KILLED all my self-esteem. I'm going to go cry now..... :club:
the forum, along with the creator, have proven themselves to be only prima facie interesting.
ahahahahahaovercompensatemuch?These, children, are the dangers of taking Philosophy 101 without the recommended minimum level of comprehension.
It's not the kind of thing any of us really feel overly inclined to put forth a response.DN is a dude that likes to play poker. Suddenly poker gets huge, DN gets an agent, and he gets to be a big kid. In a lot of ways he's still a teenager.. the dude plays video games and loves pool and good food and friends.. he's starting to get into religion and politics more and so he'll have some immature views and some pretty "superficial" moments ...and thats ok because its his blog, and he's just some dude, and we all happen to think hes an awesome poker player and a cool guy.So let me be the first to say to the OP: later!
I understand that he's a "big teenager." The point the OP is saying is that everybody on this site takes his word as the bible, which not true. Fine, if you don't want to make a response, don't, but don't come back with something as dumb as "I just farted." That's just lame and unintelligent and makes the person making the post look like an ingrate. Why, every time, do people on this site have to be sheep and back up DN EVERY SINGLE TIME. I think the guy is great and everything but man, some of you are on his nuts more than bees on honey, and some of the sarcastic, rediculous posts are so immature it's a joke. Don't get me wrong, I love sarcasm and funny stuff a lot, but when a guy makes a decent post, give it a thought once in a while instead of just posting as Carlos Mencia would say "De de da" posts.
I understand that he's a "big teenager." The point the OP is saying is that everybody on this site takes his word as the bible, which not true. Fine, if you don't want to make a response, don't, but don't come back with something as dumb as "I just farted." That's just lame and unintelligent and makes the person making the post look like an ingrate. Why, every time, do people on this site have to be sheep and back up DN EVERY SINGLE TIME. I think the guy is great and everything but man, some of you are on his nuts more than bees on honey, and some of the sarcastic, rediculous posts are so immature it's a joke. Don't get me wrong, I love sarcasm and funny stuff a lot, but when a guy makes a decent post, give it a thought once in a while instead of just posting as Carlos Mencia would say "De de da" posts.
Maybe he had just farted. Ever think of that? Huh? Did ya?
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's great. Some people just take things way to seriously.. You need to learn to lighten up before your dead.
Obviously, but when a guy makes a decent post, nobody can make a serious response one out of every brazzilionth post?
Obviously, but when a guy makes a decent post, nobody can make a serious response one out of every brazzilionth post?
I agree that more serious responses are needed to serious posts. OP's post, however, was ridiculous... just like this picture:h-guys-1.jpg
I completely agree with you about treating decent posts decently, but come on. The OP was light years away from decent. Self-important blanket insults delivered in the literary equivelant of a dirty sack? Not decent.