Meet The Short-handed Forum

i know the basic info for most of the posters here, but there are others i don't know so well. maybe it would help to put all the info in one thread.i'll start. i've been playing limit hold'em seriously for about a year, and i'm working on 5/10 short now. when i'm not playing poker, i'm working on a Ph.D. in economics and one of my research papers is about online poker.

I've been playing limit hold em for about 6 months (with the last four months being more serious, since I got pokertracker). Around the time I got pokertracker, I started posting more, and I have learned a lot of useful information about the game from various posters on the board.I normally play 3/6, but a recent setback has caused me to take a sort of semi-break from that limit. I'm currently back at 2/4, and occassionally I mix in a good 3/6 table because I want to keep the structure and limit fresh on my mind. When I'm not playing poker, I'm generally your stereotypical lazy college student.Edit: 19 years old, psychology major.

I'm a college student majoring in accounting. Don't know of any jobs better then playing poker while in college. Sure pays better then any job i've had in the past.I've been fairly sucessful at online poker for a few years now, mostly at limit full ring and nl 6 max. But until 3-4 months ago was pretty awful at bankroll management. At the start of Febuary finally decided I was going to do it right and started up with 300 with the intention to play .50/1 sh. Two and a half months later, after putting in a ton of hands I now play 5/10 6 max on and the 10/20 game when its good. I think i'm just about the only "regular" poster here who plays on stars. To those of you that play on party, you're missing out, but please stay there :PEdit: I havent written any papers on poker but my informative speech for oral com. was on online gambling.

I'm a Professional Golf Management/soon-to-be biology major. Science is my calling, but hitting balls on the range while getting a MBA in business sounded too good to pass up. I was a weak-tight NL internet donk for about a year and have been seriously playing LHE for about 4 months. I'm making an effort to get more hands in and always want to get better (ie i have no intention of stopping at a specified limit). I play 1/2 six max and 3/6 full ring currently. I had an ugly run at 2/4 six and decided it was best to build my confidence in my SH game so as to be better prepared for the next time I leap.I also wrote a paper on online poker but have no aspirations in the field of writing (although i must admit my wit surprises me at times) :cocky smirk face:.PS I'm the wingmaster not because i get the ugly chicks when my friends see hot ones, but rather I think it's better to eat all of your wings w/o cleaning your face, otherwise you will have a puss load of napkins.

I'm a Criminology Major. I used to post during the day when I had a different job. Now, I am extremely busy so I usually only have time to play/post in the wee hours of the night.I've played live poker for a few years. I started online over a year ago. I actually started playing NL, but I have focused almost exclusively on limit since last July. I grinded my way up to 5-10, and I have been donking up Party ever since.I lurked here and 2+2 while I was starting out limit on the internet and found them both very useful.

I'm currently trying to finish my Bachelor in Business Administration/ Consultancy. I've been playing poker for >6 months now. While looking for strategies/ articles about poker, I came across this site. I lurked for a while, but then I met the famous Actuary at a pokertable and he got me to register.I started at 0,5-1 FR, and worked my way up to 2-4. Then I hit a brutal downswing..(or bad play :club: ), and took a break. When I came back I set my sights on SH, crushed 0,5-1 and moved back to 1/2 where I'm currently building my roll. Oh yeah..I'm a Dutch guy. :D

Aloha,I'm one of the many economics majors here.Essentially I suck at poker.I got lucky for the first 30,000 hands once I got PT, and now I think I can win, but my last couple months may prove me wrong.I started online poker as a donk, for a long time. I probably lost somewhere in the area of ~$1000 to $1500 before I finally settled down with LHE and found the FCP strat forum.As of Wednesday night, I'll be done with school for another year, and officially going to be trying to make it playing poker.... until I find a summer job.. since I lost my last one... lol...Anywho... I don't play SH, but I plan on it eventually.Peace out.- Zach

I've been playing NLHE and LHE online for about two and half years. Recently I decided to focus exclusively on LHE because I feel that is my stronger game and I have not been making the progess that I used to in NL. I multi-table 3/6 mostly. College student, chemistry major (please, hold the flames on that last bit :club: ).

I'm a 22 year old civil engineering student. I've been playing online LHE for about a year. I started playing SH back in November. I currently play 10/20 and 15/30 shorthanded.I play mostly on party, and occassionally on stars. I tilt bad.Edit: Wow. It appears I am also a poppinfresh clone.

Edit: Wow. It appears I am also a poppinfresh clone.
I'm right there with you guys.23, Electrical Engineering and Spanish major, been playing online poker for a year and a half, started playing more short-handed limit within the past month
I'm currently trying to finish my Bachelor in Business Administration/ Consultancy. I've been playing poker for >6 months now. While looking for strategies/ articles about poker, I came across this site. I lurked for a while, but then I met the famous Actuary at a pokertable and he got me to register.I started at 0,5-1 FR, and worked my way up to 2-4. Then I hit a brutal downswing..(or bad play :D ), and took a break. When I came back I set my sights on SH, crushed 0,5-1 and moved back to 1/2 where I'm currently building my roll. Oh yeah..I'm a Dutch guy. :D
Im the little brother of Verdimme and I signed up because he said this strategy forum is neccesary to improve your game besides reading books, and so far I must say I totally agree with him alltough I am more of a post lurker than a poster myself. I started playing in September 2005. I started with 120$ at full ring 0,5-0,1. I played 8k hand with a 3,06 bb 100. After that I played 8k hands 1-2 full ring with also 3 bb 100. After that 5k hands at 2-4 with 0,8 bb 100. But I thougt 2-4 full ring was a little bit too tight at Party so I started studying short handed and so far it looks like all the fish are hiding there :D I now play 1-2 Short handed. Im 20 years old and Im a social science student, right now Im writing my Bachelor thesis about entrepeneurship. My goal in September was to make enough money to go on holliday this summer, now I hope I can keep my roll intact after that :club:

Well looks like I'm the old fart here.37, IT consultant, married, no kids yet (that I admit too)I've played poker on and off since I was about 18. Back then it was 5 card draw and life was easy :D I've only been truly enthusiastic about it recently (last 18 months) as I see myself retiring to a 100 acres back home (Oz) in the next 5 years, and see poker as an easy source of beer money.I play 10/20 shorthanded and would give up work tomorrow if I could earn more than I do 9-5. Unfortunately I am very good at what I do and only just above average at poker so I'm stuck with a job I hate :club: (I expect some empathy from Actuary on that point)Life doesn't give me much time to play (and that's a good thing) so I enjoy floating around here with you guys whilst I work. Heck, I just made 3BB typing this lot out!

I'm 28, and finishing up my doctorate in electrical engineering. Still weighing what kind of job I want and where I want to live.Poker, seriously for about a year, mostly LHE, 7 card stud, and occassional tournaments in LHE, NLHE, stud, and PLO8. Mostly online, 2/4-5/10, but sometimes live. Recently recovered what had been a bad bankroll hit thanks to a couple nice tournament finishes.

I'm 18, still in hs.Been playing online for a year, started playing solely LHE last summer.Switched to only shorthanded (unless I see some soft ring tables) roughly last December. Right now I'm playing 3/6

I'm 18, still in hs.Been playing online for a year, started playing solely LHE last summer.Switched to only shorthanded (unless I see some soft ring tables) roughly last December. Right now I'm playing 3/6
Wow guess i'm not the youngest then. I'm 18 but a freshman in college.

just to let everyone here know, ice4804 is a huge fish. he says he multi tables 3/6, ive seen him playing .10/.20 NL home games for like $10 buy ins, possibly one of the worst live players i have ever seen :club:

I guess this is my home.Online I play primarily HU and short handed NL. In the past few months I've shifted to HU LHE.And in the last few weeks I've been playing live 3-5 times per week and learning tons. My cash game is week and I'm making some pretty gross mistakes, but I'm still winning. I'm trying to get my brain out of autopilot (my brain gets one-tracked a lot)... but that's a different story.I've been playing ever since I was kid (all stud). Picked up hold'em about 4 years ago, been a winning player for 3.I strongly encourage all non-short-handed players to give it a try. When you showdown 50-90% of hands (HU LHE) you learn so much about how people play the game. This information easily extrapolates to different varieties of hold'em (full ring, tournaments, cash) and will make you a better player.EDIT:I'm a 23 year old single father of an awesome 4 1/2 year old boy. I am a project manager for a real estate developer with a degree in computer science from UC Davis =).

I'm 19, college freshman at San Diego State. I play about 30 hours a week at SH 2/4...at least that's where I should stay. I have a bit of an itch for making runs at 4/8 or 5/10 which causes me to go way up at 2/4 and then lose it all at 4/8 or 5/10. I've been playing online since I legally could at 18 and seriously playing SH for the last month or so. I lurk on here more than I post as you can see by my low number of posts and the fact that I've been a member for a while. I'm a History major, but I probly spend more time playing poker online than anything related to school.

Lol wow, I thought most of you guys were 25+!I'm a 19 year old electrical engineering student at McGill.I've been playing poker off and on since last June, and I usually play a few hours a week. I'm hoping to devote a lot of time to poker this summer, so that I can become a better player and start making some decent money. I currently play 1/2 short and 2/4 full.

I'm 18, senior in H.SBeen playing online since August 05'. I have the bankroll for 1/2 6-max but I'm too much of a ***** to make the jump from .50/1 6-max.Used to post and lurk alot more but then my parents made me get a real job. It sucks cuz i made more 3 tabling .50/1.

I'm 18, senior in H.SBeen playing online since August 05'. I have the bankroll for 1/2 6-max but I'm too much of a ***** to make the jump from .50/1 6-max.Used to post and lurk alot more but then my parents made me get a real job. It sucks cuz i made more 3 tabling .50/1.
Make the jump. Next session. Seriously.

Im 23 and I take economics at u of waterloo. 4th year. Finishing my degree in, oh... 4 days?Ive been playing online for about a year and a half. The first 6 months i just pissed around with small buy in tournaments with money i won in a free roll. I withdrew several thousand from a few big tournament cashes and left a bit in to play around with. About a year ago, using that "bit" (less than $100), i started playing .50/1 with the intent to not redeposit if i went busto. Lucky for me, i didnt.For several months i played .50/1 and 1/2, withdrawing frequently and moving back down each time. In october (roughly), i decided to stop withdrawing and see how far i could take it - starting at .50/1. I generally play 3/6 full ring and short handed, and 5/10 if the games are exceptionally good. I want to be at 10/20 by the end of the summer and 20/40 by the years end. (not so much a matter of bankroll as it is comfort, because if 300BB was enough to play in a game, id be playing MUCH higher)

gonn turn 26 in a couple of weeks, so, I'll say that I'm 26.Was a rutgers student for about 5 years as a jazz performance major and then a history/poli sci major until I dropped out due to making bundles off of ebay and other sources of revenue. Been playing poker since I was 12 and was sneaking into AC when I was 18, so I've been playing pretty much since then. RIght now I'm playing 5/10 and 10/20 short for my income and it makes me enough to live on since I only have to pay for myself for the time being