I am a conservative who is pissed off at the GOP but the dems offer NO solution, both parties are big government bullshit parties
BINGO! There are no more fiscal conservatives in Washington any more (with the exception of Rep. Ron Paul, Republican, 14th District, Texas). And "both" parties are getting WAY too wrapped up in trying to regulate moral issues (abortion, stem cells, gay rights, etc.).Open your eyes, realize that there is a reason that more than 2 people run for president every year, and try to pick out a candidate that actually represents your views more closely. South Park nailed our sham of an election perfectly. Every year, we are choosing between a Giant Dou.che and a Turd Sandwich.
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But states still have their senators and representative to make sure a few states cannot "rule the roost" so to speak.And quite frankly--there are a lot of areas in California that are VERY red. Just like there are a lot of areas in NY that are also very red. What sucks for them is that their vote is essentially meaningless in the presidential election.
Oh. I thought when libs said it, they meant "this entire state voted for/against this person but they're only going to count a certain % regardless."
are you even reading these posts?
Yes, I am, but apparently I need to spell out my point more clearly. If most of the population lives in a certain area, why is it wrong for most of the campaigning to be done in that area?
BINGO! There are no more fiscal conservatives in Washington any more (with the exception of Rep. Ron Paul, Republican, 14th District, Texas). And "both" parties are getting WAY too wrapped up in trying to regulate moral issues (abortion, stem cells, gay rights, etc.).Open your eyes, realize that there is a reason that more than 2 people run for president every year, and try to pick out a candidate that actually represents your views more closely. South Park nailed our sham of an election perfectly. Every year, we are choosing between a Giant Dou.che and a Turd Sandwich.
post of the f'ing year just for mentioning Ron Paul, biggest badass in congress
I took your advise. Antagonize, "1. To incur the dislike of; provoke hostility or enmity in".Alienate, "1. To cause to become unfriendly or hostile; estrange".What was your point again?
It's 'advice', btw. Ahem.When you antagonize someone you run the risk of alienating them. When you alienate someone, you are no longer able to antagonize them. And I asked an English professor; they are not proper synonyms. Thank you.
"The kid didn't flinch, and was basically saying, "BRING IT ON!" a la president Bush when he decided to antagonize the rest of the world in a public address."He was talking about the insurgents in Iraq, not the rest of the worldhttp://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/20...aq-troops_x.htm
I worded it wrong actually, but that is exactly what I was referring to. Him telling the "bad guys" to bring it on is pretty stupid overall. Comes off as cocky and arrogant, which doesn't make for the best world view.
post of the f'ing year just for mentioning Ron Paul, biggest badass in congress
I voted for Michael Badnarik for president too. Every time I tell that to somebody, I get some line of crap about "wasting my vote". Well, I'm part of a very small minority in this country that can say that I actually studied the political positions of every candidate in the race, and voted for the one that I felt would represent my interests the best and do the best job in the office of President. To me, which egomaniacal, f'ing idiot would do a better job than the other egomaniacal, f'ing idiot means absolutely nothing. I wish more people would take the time to look past what the media shoves down your throat, and what the Big Two parties tell you that you should think, and choose the BEST man for the job instead of the BETTER man for the job.

It's clear what Daniel meant. Jeez. Over-analytical donkeys. Just play some cards.And in some sense, you could interpret what Bush says as implying that he meant "the rest of the world" in the sense that any enemy of the U.S., "bring it on"--which is the most ridiculously inciting clumsy statement to say in precariously bellicose times. Seeing that America's globalization efforts have been gung ho the past thirty or so years--yes, I'm sure in some ways Bush did mean the rest of the world. But that's beside the point, we know what Daniel meant.

I worded it wrong actually, but that is exactly what I was referring to. Him telling the "bad guys" to bring it on is pretty stupid overall. Comes off as cocky and arrogant, which doesn't make for the best world view.
I think what Bush was really trying to do was rally what were in fact young, fired up, cocky, arrogant soldiers in the field. Trying to come off as a leader of men, not gonna take any shitte from anyone, BRING IT ON BIATCHES! I give him credit for that effort. And I think the guys in the trenches loved that rhetoric. But did it back fire? Fraid so. But that's actually one of the things I like about Bush. He doesn't care what his critics (or the NY Times) think, but admittadly there have been plenty of missteps lately. I did vote for W (for the record I would classify myself as a moderate with conservative leanings) but am not at all happy with the GOP's leadership lately. On a side note, this Iran thing scares the crap outta me! Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a fundamentalist wack job. He believes that their messiah fell down a well and the only way for him to rise again is through an apocolyptic event? He is taunting the world into what he hopes will be a nuclear exchange, thus fulfilling the prophecy. This is terror on a biblical scale! I just hope the world community sees the danger of Iran possessng Nukes with bonafide crazy mans finger on the button. Scary chit esse!Peace! :club:

I forget, is it Iran's nuclear threat we are afraid of, or the fact that they plan to start an exchange for oil in euros to compete with the two American owned oil exchanges?Americans have the less of an f'ing clue about what America is doing than people in rural India do.

I forget, is it Iran's nuclear threat we are afraid of, or the fact that they plan to start an exchange for oil in euros to compete with the two American owned oil exchanges?Americans have the less of an f'ing clue about what America is doing than people in rural India do.
Oil Shmoil! Can't deny that we want to influence that market, and why not? Having control is securing stability, both national and global. That's just a fact of life , like it or not. And who would you rather be at the helm of those markets? An irrational sworn enemy? Do we simply just step back and let all He ll break loose?... and then get criticized for just stepping back and letting all He ll break loose? We are damned if we do and damned if we don't. There is just too much at stake to sit back on this one. And try to keep things in perspective. THEY are bringing the fight on, not us. THEY do not want to negotiate for the good of the world. THEY are on record as stating a desire to kill us all. THEY are being the aggressors and are threatening the entire planet. Should we just become an isolationist nation and simply observe from afar?Save your standard "it's all about oil, Dickk Cheney, Cowboy Bush" b. s. Any president in the White House today would have to deal tough on this crisis, regardless of party affiliation. It's a no win situation so we may as well try to get control of it rather than let it get control of us, would not you agree? And keep in mind the entire U.N. is standing firmly behind us this time (sans China and Russia, both of whom have billions at stake with those clowns..which is a whole other problem altogether)The far more important issue is that fact that Iran is M E N T A L. And Iran with a nuke is biblical. Our buddy Mahnoud had already stated that as soon as he has a bomb he WILL destroy Isreal. Not might, maybe, gonna think about it........W I L L.Like it or not, the world will suffer greatly if that is allowed to happen.
Oil Shmoil! Can't deny that we want to influence that market, and why not? HAving control is securing stability, both national and global. That's just a fact of life , like it or not. And who would you rather be at the helm of those market? An irrational sworn enemy? Do we simply just step back and let all He ll break loose?... and then get criticized for just stepping back and letting all Hel l break loose?
You mean not let the market determine price? What was I thinking? Oh yeah, capitalism. Oops, my bad.Nice to see McCarthyism never died.
You mean not let the market determine price? What was I thinking? Oh yeah, capitalism. Oops, my bad.Nice to see McCarthyism never died.
Generally, the risk of catostophic global economic instability trumps a pure free market dynamic, when you consider that a nuclear exchange would result in NO market.And I was not aware the the United Nations adopted McCarthyism. Interesting....
Generally, the risk of catostophic global economic instability trumps a pure free market dynamic, when you consider that a nuclear exchange would result in NO market.
I hesitate to believe that there would be NO market. The Middle East isn't the only place with oil. Expensive, yes. But no market at all? I don't think so.But i agree that certain situations dictate that we may take actions to ensure a stable marketplace and availability of certain necessary resources for our people, despite its affects on the "free market".For example--firefighting services, police services, a basic education and healthcare insurance should not be a part of the "free market". I'm sure many of you would draw the line elsewhere, but that is the way i see it.
Generally, the risk of catostophic global economic instability trumps a pure free market dynamic, when you consider that a nuclear exchange would result in NO market.And I was not aware the the United Nations adopted McCarthyism. Interesting....
First of all, the Iranians having an oil exchange just means there will be one more place to buy barrels of oil. First we fear Communists, then we wonder if they love their children, now it's terrorist-phobia and a budding fear of Iran. It would be funny if it weren't sad how much Americans are like kids with a shiny new toy given by their parents.Out of all the peoples of the world, Americans know the least about what and why America does what it does.

Go smoke another joint dude.Terrorists Phobia? Are you kidding me? Do you think it does not exist?False fear of Iran??? Are you mental????By ALI AKBAR DAREINI, Associated Press Writer April 14 2006, 2 hours, 9 minutes ago TEHRAN, Iran - The president of Iran again lashed out at Israel on Friday and said it was "heading toward annihilation," just days after Tehran raised fears about its nuclear activities by saying it successfully enriched uranium for the first time. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Israel a "permanent threat" to the Middle East that will "soon" be liberated. He also appeared to again question whether the Holocaust really happened."Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation," Ahmadinejad said at the opening of a conference in support of the Palestinians. "The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."Ahmadinejad provoked a world outcry in October when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map."Does THIS convince ya?. I'm done with this thread. We are at the brink, so wake up man!God help us all (yeah, even YOU razor)edit* appologees from me for the name calling and overly harsh tone razor. Truly not called for.

First of all, the Iranians having an oil exchange just means there will be one more place to buy barrels of oil. First we fear Communists, then we wonder if they love their children, now it's terrorist-phobia and a budding fear of Iran. It would be funny if it weren't sad how much Americans are like kids with a shiny new toy given by their parents.Out of all the peoples of the world, Americans know the least about what and why America does what it does.
let me guess, you are.....19......in college.......your eyes have been opened.........ENLIGHTENMENT!
let me guess, you are.....
People really shouldn't do that. I'm long out of college and old enough to realize that are few answers and that those who have answers should be questioned. I suggest writing your PBS station asking them to carry the BBC News. Compared to the propaganda we call a free press, that is enlightenment.As for "God help us all," yeah that's not reactionary. I don't know why I brought up McCarthyism :club: Iran's nuclear program was started in 1976 by Gerald Ford. Iran is in compliance with the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, and US, British, and others have affirmed that Iran has no weapons program. Meanwhile, Iran is watching the US give concession after concession to Pakistan and India who have nuclear capabilities. The administration has been taking pot shots at Iran and it's being an axis of evil :D and by threatening Israel, Iran fires back.As for the Iranian President, according to an expert on The News Hour, he has no control over military affairs or the nuclear program.I forgot that anyone with nuclear capabilities is a shifty b*stard intent on world annihilation. Except us of course. We're nice, we deserve to have nuclear weapons.
  • 5 months later...
yes I voted for Bush because Kerry was an aboslute joke, as is the democratic partyI am actually probably going to party vote GOP this year just to piss off democrats because they are too stupid to realize how to winalso to all democrats, if Bush is such an idiot, how the hell could you not beat him in TWO elections?GG dems
Bush won the only way the RepubliNazis can win--by cheating.The entire Bush Reich are war criminals and mass murderers, and they should be shot by firing squad on the White House lawn. I'll buy the bullets personally.
yeah, DN has a problem with Bush, and anytime you have a problem with someone your views on that person tend to be a little one-sided. Now, having said that, I voted for Bush and probably would again, but here lately he's been screwing up an awful lot.
This is incorrect... but the rest I agree with.
Bush won the only way the RepubliNazis can win--by cheating.The entire Bush Reich are war criminals and mass murderers, and they should be shot by firing squad on the White House lawn. I'll buy the bullets personally.
From one America hater to another.. you should definately read this... Communists love it.. and you will too!!0805076883.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SL150_.jpg
I did love your sides choice of the person to oversee the recounts to make sure the votes were counted fair...Mayor Daly from Chicago.That was funny. Wow a Daly from Chicago telling Florida how to be honest in vote counting.ClassicHey btw, sorry about that whole bunch of newspapers counting the ballots after the inaugeration still finding Bush won thing. Man if they could have gotten Algore the most votes on that 5th and final count, you guys could have really written books about the stolen election. Unfortunately all you get stuck with is sour grapes SIX YEARS LATER.