***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

If any fans should be bitching about injuries, it should be the blue jay fans. With Burnett healthy they would be in first by 2-3 games most likely.
He's been a huge loss for them, but to sign Burnett and expect him to be healthy would be a tad bit optimistic.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 14 division titles and a World Championship you'd think that there would be a Braves fan by now. This is like a home game.

Entertaining game on ESPN yesterday. I especially enjoyed when Joe Morgan said, "It's surprising because he's the type of player who will put the ball in play,"...(pause)..."but as Peter said, he also strikes out a lot." Joe Morgan rules.

UnrealPeople who say the only reason David Ortiz is seen as clutch is because of the 2004 ALCS just keep looking more and more like assholes.
its true....he did it last year for us, now hes doin it this year.
UnrealPeople who say the only reason David Ortiz is seen as clutch is because of the 2004 ALCS just keep looking more and more like assholes.
So...you're saying Yankees fans are assholes.Yeah...I'll agree with that. Most are.
So...you're saying Yankees fans are assholes.Yeah...I'll agree with that. Most are.
Heh....I'm sure a good deal of Red Sox fans are too right now, but still....heh.
Who said that? I'm a Yankee fan and even I think that's ridiculous.
Heh....I'm sure a good deal of Red Sox fans are too right now, but still....heh.
For the record, I don't remember making this post. I remember posting that Joe Crede should be working at McDonald's, but this one was a surprise to see.

Hahaha....Great game today, sure Papelbon blew a save and the Sox blew a 6-0 lead, but...wow...Clutch hit from Youkilis....and man, why would you ever, EVER, pitch to David Ortiz in that situation? D'oh.Water.Sweep.

Hahaha....Great game today, sure Papelbon blew a save and the Sox blew a 6-0 lead, but...wow...Clutch hit from Youkilis....and man, why would you ever, EVER, pitch to David Ortiz in that situation? D'oh.Water.Sweep.
I just assumed it would be mannyi was shocked when they pitched to papi
Pedro's back.BDD_PM_6.27_bgjd.jpg
Thank god he got cheered. I'd have been bullshit if the fans didn't treat him right. Really though, I expected they would. The only reason why Johnny got booed was because he went to the Yankees. Pedro didn't go to the Yankees, so that was good enough.Good press conference today. I miss having him in Boston.

I don't see how anybody could boo him. The Mets offered him a great contract, so he left. IMO he is the greatest pitcher in Sox history, and he never did anything that would make people in Boston hate him. He's talked about how much he misses his friends and the fans at Fenway, and how much respect he still has for Sox fans.I just watched the press conference on Boston.com:"I'm the number one fan for the Red Sox right now. Anytime they play anybody I'm rooting for them, unless I'm out there competing."