***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

Bump for a nice win last night.Good job all around by the sox. Seems like a trend, good starting pitching, Papi goes yard, Pap closes the deal. Mariano Rivera again clutch in a big spot last night. Papelbon > Mariano

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Career victory #199 for Schilling. Timmy W going tomorrow (well today I guess). Gooooo Timmy!Prediction: 8 IP, 2 ER, 6 H, 2 BB, 2 HR.......W.

Whenever I make a prediction for the Sox starter, he always does horribly. I thought tonight's game was kinda exciting (maybe because I only get to see one game every week or two). Manny's BOMB in the 7th made things interesting. And Papelbon was fucking LIGHTS OUT in the 9th. Absolutely filthy. That kid is amazing. Papelbon update:0-122.1 IP1 Run, earned19K3 BB0 HR15 SV0 BS 0.63 WHIP0.40 ERAOpponents batting .145For his career (56.1 IP) Pap has a 1.76 ERA.Of AL pitchers who have pitched more than 10 innings this season, Pap is 1st in ERA, 1st in WHIP, and 3rd in opponents batting average. And he is leading both leagues in saves.

The battle of the shitty pitchers tonight.
-o.k. i wasn't going to get involved, but i can't take it anymore..i already talk sox baseball on 2 other sites, but i guess i can aford to get involved on one more..i'm located in baton rouge-far far away from fenway-, but i happen to be a huge redsox fan..i have supported the redsox for as long as i can possibly remember...hence the screen-name chowds..i use this name for everything...anyway, i look forward to talking up some red sox baseball with you guys..-oh yea, also...i happen to personally know jonathan papelbon..we played on the same little league team here in baton rouge..he also was one of my best friend groing up's neighbor...we were in a wedding together about a year ago, and he hinted to me that he would be heavily involved this season...he expected to be a starting pitcher, though, hence the trade of bronson arroyo...but, htat p.o.s foulke sucks once again, giving jonathan a chance to shine, and that he did---not ever looking back..the funny thing is, with all of the success paps has had so far, the red sox may still plan on using him as a starter in the future...we have a guy, craig hansen, in hte minors who is projected to be the closer next year, if he can get his control under raps..i think jonathan will be the closer for the duration of this season, but we'll see what happens next year...i say,--don't fix what isn't broken..

Papelbon's 19 straight saves to start a season are a club record. He also now owns the Major League record for consecutive save conversions to start a season by a rookie.Also, from the Boston Globe:"To put [Manny] Ramírez's production to this point in perspective: If he had called it a career yesterday, he'd be one of only six players ever to hit .310 or better with at least 400 homers and 1,400 RBIs. The others: Ted Williams, Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Stan Musial, and Jimmie Foxx."

Youk is making a run at taking over for trot as my favorite red sock
What about Josh Becket?
Heading in to Fenway right now... the rain better hold off..
Hopefully. I've heard it doesn't look good, but it's not raining where I am, so maybe they'll get it in.Heh...it's too bad you don't have tickets to tomorrow night's game. I know I'm looking forward to seeing John "Way Back" Wasdin make his return to Fenway.
Papelbon had quite the run....
True. Though a tough way to lose it, coming into the game with runners on first and third and only up by one. The good thing is that instead of falling apart Clement-style, he just got pissed off and struck out the side in the ninth for the win. Considering that the run had to end at some point, it's not a bad way for it to happen.
SWING AND A DRIVE!!! DEEP TO RIGHT!!! WAYY BACK!! WAY BACK!!! DAVID ORTIZ DOES IT AGAIN!!!!!! RED SOX WIN!! PAPI!!! PAPI!!! PAPI!!! PAPI!!! PAPI!!!!! PAPI!!!! PAPI!!!!!!
2 outs, 2 strikes, friggin amazing.