***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

Thats the most ridiculous statement I've seen on this forum in a while
I'm just kidding around. I have respect for Manny, even as a die-hard Yankee fan.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate double headers.. Usually a split, they seem pointless because of that. Also, watch out because Jenks is catching up to Papelbon in saves.

I hate double headers.. Usually a split, they seem pointless because of that. Also, watch out because Jenks is catching up to Papelbon in saves.
Fine with me. I got Jenks on my fantasy team. Personally, I like double headers. I had to miss the end of game one (d'oh) and all of game two (meh), but usually they're a solid day of baseball and I'm cool with that.

Hell of a pitching matchup going on now. Schilling vs Santana, 1-1 in the 7th. Both teams with a solo hr in the 7th. 7 total hits in the game, 8 total baserunners.

Hell of a pitching matchup going on now. Schilling vs Santana, 1-1 in the 7th. Both teams with a solo hr in the 7th. 7 total hits in the game, 8 total baserunners.
18 combined K'sSantana - 13 ... WTF?!?Schilling - 5sick game we've got here.. lets see if Paps can... nevermind I refuse to be labeled a jinx
Yay the game is on ESPN tonight, I can watch it :club:
Hopefully we get a win. The last two nights have been rough.Edit: Silva is 2-8 with an ERA nearing 8. If we get beat, I'll be pissed.

Keep up the good work Red Sox. :club: The Yanks are punished with injuries and the Sox can't do anything, because they suck.

Keep up the good work Red Sox. :club: The Yanks are punished with injuries and the Sox can't do anything, because they suck.
If you haven't noticed, the Sox aren't exactly healthy either. (No excuse for getting swept by the Twins though)
Right, you do realize that one of our starters is David freaking Pauley?up untill his ML call up he had never pitched above AA.kinda hard to cal us healthy when we now have 3 starting pitchers injured, and Trot Nixon has to bat against Lefties, and Willie Harris is our 4th outfielder....And Jermaine Van Buren is on our ML roster....

The Red Sox still haven't had nearly as many injuries as the Yankees. Giambi, Arod, Jeter, Mariano, Chacon, Damon, and Crosby have all missed multiple game due to injuries. Sheffield and Matsui might be out for the season while Dotel, someone needed desperately to help this overused Yankees bullpen, and Pavano have not been able to pitch this year.

We arent talking about missed games here, we are talking about RIGHT now.and by the way, Foulke is the guy who sohuld be anchoring our bullpen, and he is hurt, and when he has been "healthy" he obviously has had some sort of injury since he has gone from unhittable to terrible in less than a year...

SPLIT G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB BA OBP SLGSeason 59 197 36 63 14 0 6 35 0 .320 .424 .482These are Trot Nixons numbers thru Friday, pre-game. I just cant see why the guy doesnt deserve to be resigned. Altho he has lost a lot of power, he never had THAT much anyways (hes never hit 30 HRs), and his .320 BA and .424 OBP would definately be worthy of the number 2 slot, since Lorreta will likely be gone after this gone after this year in favor of Dustin P. Id say a 2 year $5 million contract wouldnt be such a bad deal....

More Yankee ignorance. Their owner gathers a bunch of old guys to play for them and then complain because all the old farts get injured...and then they think that they are the only team that has to deal with injuries.Pathetic. The BoSox are fairly banged up, hell, most teams are banged up to a degree. Hell, my Royals had it worse than both teams to start, so .......so..I'll blame our crappy start on that. Lol...Seriously though, Yankee fans, quit b*tching, injuries come with a team full of old guys....
More Yankee ignorance. Their owner gathers a bunch of old guys to play for them and then complain because all the old farts get injured...and then they think that they are the only team that has to deal with injuries.Pathetic. The BoSox are fairly banged up, hell, most teams are banged up to a degree. Hell, my Royals had it worse than both teams to start, so .......so..I'll blame our crappy start on that. Lol...Seriously though, Yankee fans, quit b*tching, injuries come with a team full of old guys....
All I'm saying is that when all the old farts get back the Yankees are going to blow the Sox away. The Sox have not had as many keys guys out as the Yankees and the Yanks have been right there with them. As for the Royals, what was their goal at the beginning of the season? Not to be the worst team in the league? With or without injuries it's not like they would of had a chance to be over .500 anyways.
SPLIT G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB BA OBP SLGSeason 59 197 36 63 14 0 6 35 0 .320 .424 .482These are Trot Nixons numbers thru Friday, pre-game. I just cant see why the guy doesnt deserve to be resigned. Altho he has lost a lot of power, he never had THAT much anyways (hes never hit 30 HRs), and his .320 BA and .424 OBP would definately be worthy of the number 2 slot, since Lorreta will likely be gone after this gone after this year in favor of Dustin P. Id say a 2 year $5 million contract wouldnt be such a bad deal....
He is having quite a good year, and provided that we could sign him to a deal for short money and he'd be willing to platoon, then it absolutely makes sense to get him back. His skillset is changing, and he's always an injury worry, but if you can lock him up cheap, then he's a viable option. I'd love him in the 2 spot...starting as soon as possible. I'm just wondering what sort of pay cut he'd be willing to take.
All I'm saying is that when all the old farts get back the Yankees are going to blow the Sox away. The Sox have not had as many keys guys out as the Yankees and the Yanks have been right there with them. As for the Royals, what was their goal at the beginning of the season? Not to be the worst team in the league? With or without injuries it's not like they would of had a chance to be over .500 anyways.
I don't think they "old farts" are going to come back. In fact, I'm expecting even more injuries. I mean, Matsui and Sheffield are mostly done for the year, Pavano too, right? Who's likely to go down? Well, Damon's going to hit his breaking point sooner or later, Posada's an old catcher with back problems, Randy Johnson's old, 6' 10" with no cartiledge in his knees (though they'd be better off without him), and anybody who goes out on the field has a chance of injury, even usually healthy guys like Jeter and Rodriguez. The Sox have had some key injuries. We've been without Crisp and his Damon-like production for 40+ games. Wily Mo Pena's been down. Our best pitcher from last year has been hurt the whole season. Matt Clement's hurt and that possibly has been a reason for his ineffectiveness (or maybe not...this one's questionable). Keith Foulke's had his problems, costing us a valuable bullpen arm, and forcing the Sox to use Papelbon as closer (that has worked out marvelously, but he was going to be our #6 starter at the beginning of the year). Since Papelbon's closing, our #7 was Lenny DiNardo, who's also on the DL. Thus, we've had to scour the minors for some arms. We've also had Timlin on the DL (very effective...check out his numbers), and our LOOGY Mike Holtz.So injuries have slowed the Sox just like any other team. The point still stands. When you sign old, fragile players, this crap happens. Lie in the bed you've made.Really, complaining about injuries is tantamount to telling bad beat stories. It doesn't change the results and nobody wants to hear about it. The results for the last couple days, in case you missed them, aren't so good for the Yankees. Two convincing Sox victories (including a sweet start by wunderkind Jon Lester) and two devastating Yankee blowups. It takes a special (read: retarded) kind of team to blow a 9-2 lead to the Nationals.And sorry about Aaron Small. I know how you Yankees fans thought he was Jesus back from vacation. Variance is a *****, huh?
I don't think they "old farts" are going to come back. In fact, I'm expecting even more injuries. I mean, Matsui and Sheffield are mostly done for the year, Pavano too, right? Who's likely to go down? Well, Damon's going to hit his breaking point sooner or later, Posada's an old catcher with back problems, Randy Johnson's old, 6' 10" with no cartiledge in his knees (though they'd be better off without him), and anybody who goes out on the field has a chance of injury, even usually healthy guys like Jeter and Rodriguez. The Sox have had some key injuries. We've been without Crisp and his Damon-like production for 40+ games. Wily Mo Pena's been down. Our best pitcher from last year has been hurt the whole season. Matt Clement's hurt and that possibly has been a reason for his ineffectiveness (or maybe not...this one's questionable). Keith Foulke's had his problems, costing us a valuable bullpen arm, and forcing the Sox to use Papelbon as closer (that has worked out marvelously, but he was going to be our #6 starter at the beginning of the year). Since Papelbon's closing, our #7 was Lenny DiNardo, who's also on the DL. Thus, we've had to scour the minors for some arms. We've also had Timlin on the DL (very effective...check out his numbers), and our LOOGY Mike Holtz.So injuries have slowed the Sox just like any other team. The point still stands. When you sign old, fragile players, this crap happens. Lie in the bed you've made.Really, complaining about injuries is tantamount to telling bad beat stories. It doesn't change the results and nobody wants to hear about it. The results for the last couple days, in case you missed them, aren't so good for the Yankees. Two convincing Sox victories (including a sweet start by wunderkind Jon Lester) and two devastating Yankee blowups. It takes a special (read: retarded) kind of team to blow a 9-2 lead to the Nationals.And sorry about Aaron Small. I know how you Yankees fans thought he was Jesus back from vacation. Variance is a *****, huh?
If any fans should be bitching about injuries, it should be the blue jay fans. With Burnett healthy they would be in first by 2-3 games most likely.