***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

I don't want to talk about this game, but why oh why did Beckett throw at that hitter? They were down and out, but instead he gave them the spark they needed to come back.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to talk about this game, but why oh why did Beckett throw at that hitter? They were down and out, but instead he gave them the spark they needed to come back.
judging by his reaction I'd say it was an unintentional

Why oh why is Josh Bard catching Dinardo today? I feel some affinity for the guy, since I went to Bard College, but he's no Varitek.On another note, since Fatso Dounutbutt is probably never pitching again, it is looking somewhat likely that the Sox will sign Clemens in the next month or two. Here's the story from MLB.com:Clemens undecided"I'm going to pass on those questions right at this point. I've not decided to go there there just yet. "Not sure if he means 'I've not decided to go to Boston just yet,' or 'I've not decided to talk about that just yet.'

judging by his reaction I'd say it was an unintentional
It would have made no sense to hit him...you're probably right, though the timing makes it super suspicious.
Why oh why is Josh Bard catching Dinardo today? I feel some affinity for the guy, since I went to Bard College...
Bard! Holy Crap! We're Poughkeepsie pals! (Heh...and I didn't go to Marist)Ugh...yeah, trotting out the scrubs to day. Clearly we've already given up.And Papelbon now has a mohawk.Last night I decided with a friend that Papelbon8ghY3jQr.jpgEqualsken-jennings.jpgPlus0439437229.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Pretty terrible game today.So did you go to Vassar? Speaking of Pap, his stats so far are 10.1 IP, 7 for 7 in save chances, ZERO runs allowed, 4 hits. WOW.

Pretty terrible game today.So did you go to Vassar? Speaking of Pap, his stats so far are 10.1 IP, 7 for 7 in save chances, ZERO runs allowed, 4 hits. WOW.
I'm a brewer indeed. And yeah, what an awful game. We need a win tomorrow for morale. More mine than the team's.

Nice win for the Sox tonight. Tough game for Schilling, but Manny Ramirez hit a 3-run hr with 2 outs in the 8th to give us the lead. Pap with his 9th straight save, still 0.00 ERA.

Nice win for the Sox tonight. Tough game for Schilling, but Manny Ramirez hit a 3-run hr with 2 outs in the 8th to give us the lead. Pap with his 9th straight save, still 0.00 ERA.
Yeah, def. a great game outside of Schill. Good to see that Manny is back and Papelbon is as lights out as they come. I can't even imagine him blowing a save at this point, he's been that good.
Yeah, def. a great game outside of Schill. Good to see that Manny is back and Papelbon is as lights out as they come. I can't even imagine him blowing a save at this point, he's been that good.
So was John Rocker at one point. Let's not get too carried away about Pap...he's been great, yeah, but no pitchers are unhittable.
Result aside, I thought it was an awful game. We gave away a number of outs needlessly on the basepaths, for some reason our team likes to bunt now (or try to...why are we playing Willie Harris again? I may need a paragraph for this...hold on...)Ah, Willie Harris. WHY IS HE PLAYING? He can't hit...he can't even get a bunt down, and he shouldn't even be bunting in the first place. With Crisp out, this is the perfect time to get Wily Mo some action. He's atrocious in right field, but scouting reports say he's significantly better in center. Regardless, whatever he gives up in the field, is easily made up by his bat. Willie Harris has a career .604 OPS, Wily Mo has hit a home run every 16 at bats for his career. If we want to get some value out of this trade and groom him for a starting role as early as next year, he needs some friggin' at bats. Not to mention it would lessen the black hole at the bottom of our line-up that is Gonzalez, Harris/Mohr, and Snow and Bard when they're playing.While we're at it, send Snow to the glue factory. He's obviously redundant now that we see Youkilis has a better than league average glove. If we need a left-handed bat of the bench, give me Choi please.Schilling wasn't that bad last night. The Indians are a good hitting team and they had to hit some tough pitches. How Hafner drove that 0-2 fastball up at his eyes is beyond me. In general, I'll try to limit my rants while the team is winning, but last night's game really pissed me off. Thankfully a lefty's going tonight, so Wily Mo will be playing.
This is disconcerting:Boston 14 10 .583 - 6-4 8-6 113 122 Won 1 4-6NY Yankees 12 10 .545 1 8-3 4-7 140 90 Won 1 6-4
Absolutely....either the Sox start hitting with runners on, or they're going to start tumbling down the standings.
and Ortiz sets a new franchise record for HR's in the month of April with 10 :club:
Yay...and almost none came when it mattered...and we lost a winnable game today... Heh....it's only April. I'll tone down the bitterness. Let's kill the Yankees tomorrow. Literally or figuratively...whichever.

Bye bye Bard. He certainly did not catch Wakefield well. 10 passed balls Wow