***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

Youkilis has been a surprisei really love that the sox have four outfielders that would be starting on most teams, and that we have a lot of young pitchers that can be called up. Not to mention we have the guy who might be the top starting pitching prospect in all of baseball. on another note, it still weirds me out to here damon talk about the yankees as "us". he is still a red sock in my heart.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on another note, it still weirds me out to here damon talk about the yankees as "us". he is still a red sock in my heart.
Heh...did you see his quotes from yesterday? Straight from the word processor of the Curly-Haired Boyfriend:"Just about the time Beckett was settling into his new digs, Damon was grabbing a bat out of his locker across the way in the clubhouse where so many Yankee legends have dressed through the decades. Informed that Beckett had been assigned his old stall in the visitors' room, Damon smiled and said, 'Yeah, and it didn't take them long to give up my No. 18 [Dustan Mohr], either. I remember when Nomar left he said it would be a while before they gave up his No. 5 [it has yet to be reissued]. They gave up mine pretty quickly.'"Heh...boohoo they gave my number away....He did a great job for us, but I'm so happy they didn't resign him.
Heh...did you see his quotes from yesterday? Straight from the word processor of the Curly-Haired Boyfriend:"Just about the time Beckett was settling into his new digs, Damon was grabbing a bat out of his locker across the way in the clubhouse where so many Yankee legends have dressed through the decades. Informed that Beckett had been assigned his old stall in the visitors' room, Damon smiled and said, 'Yeah, and it didn't take them long to give up my No. 18 [Dustan Mohr], either. I remember when Nomar left he said it would be a while before they gave up his No. 5 [it has yet to be reissued]. They gave up mine pretty quickly.'"Heh...boohoo they gave my number away....He did a great job for us, but I'm so happy they didn't resign him.
coco certainly seems like a better option when hes healthy
coco certainly seems like a better option when hes healthy
If not now, certainly 3 years from now when Johnny's the new Bernie and getting paid twice as much.
And how bout our boy Mike Timlin with the two huge K's in a late inning jam? I love that guy.
If you sit in the bleachers, point to him in between innings when he stands by the wall facing the fans. He will nod or wave at you. Its hilarious, i did it like three times. Nice guy.
I wish I was here to comment on the sox/yanks series but thats old news.
Ah well, they'll be plenty more Sox/Yankees games this season....enough to drive Koop crazy.
Ah well, they'll be plenty more Sox/Yankees games this season....enough to drive Koop crazy.
I don't mind the fans talking about it a lot and all that, I mean, I realize they are important games to you guys b/c of the rivalry, the only thing I hate is ESPN's coverage of it. The fans can go as nuts as they want to about it, that's fine, but ESPN analyzing every little bit of every single game and promoting it nonstop and basically ignoring everything else in baseball to talk about it nonstop..that's all. I don't hate the BoSox/Yanks rivalry...just ESPN for going mega-overboard with it. I mean, when the Royals play the Twins, why don't they do the same? I mean, a Kyle Lohse-Runelvyz Hernandez matchup...NOW THAT'S A GAME!!!

The other reason that the games are so important is that the Sox and Yanks have finished 1-2 for like a billion years in a row.edit: 8 years

I don't mind the fans talking about it a lot and all that, I mean, I realize they are important games to you guys b/c of the rivalry, the only thing I hate is ESPN's coverage of it.
Heh...I know. That's what I had in mind when I typed that. And Tim, how about that Matt guy from the religion threads? I'm doing my best now to ignore him, but I can't let his recent "evolution is rapidly losing favor" nonsense go unmocked.
The other reason that the games are so important is that the Sox and Yanks have finished 1-2 for like a billion years in a row.edit: 8 years
1,000,000,000.......8......eh, pretty close.lol. New York is getting AWWWWFFFUUUULLLLLYYY old and banged up in a LLLOOOOTTTTT of spots lately...their reign in that division is coming to an end.....
If you sit in the bleachers, point to him in between innings when he stands by the wall facing the fans. He will nod or wave at you. Its hilarious, i did it like three times. Nice guy.
Funny you should say that. Three of my buddies and I have had 10 packs since 04 season 5 rows behind the sox bullpen. We do it all the time lol.

Heh...what's the record for extra base hits in a season? Seems like Lowell gets at least two a game. Great game tonight...nice that they even played. I was starting to need a Sox fix.

Willy Mo is quickly becoming one of my favorite players
Me tooWilyMo is just getting started too, with Papi and Manny and Papa Jack, I think he will really improve.