High Stakes Poker Season 2

The idea for this show was great but i think it was put together bad. The announcers get really annoying. Gabe never shuts up when the players are talking. Howard lederer... where are you?

I didn't mind Kaplan at all (and his analysis was usually spot-on) but just to mix it up it'd be nice to see new announcers.

I didn't mind Kaplan at all (and his analysis was usually spot-on) but just to mix it up it'd be nice to see new announcers.
Bring back D ick Van Patten"oooooh he has pair, he may go all in"BTW...HStakes on GSN is the best.

This has been the best poker on television yet. Since HSP my interest in WPT has gone down considerably. Im pretty sure that when this type of play goes mainstream on TV, strictly tourney show are in trouble.I also think that this type show needs so littel 'announcing' that they can almost afford to do completely without it. While I dont mind those two potato heads, they really add nothing to the show. They should just have a hot chick introduce the game and maybe an announcer who just does basic play-by-play, no color man(men).

• 2 weeks later...
I would love to see them expand it to 2 hours each episode and get the hosts to shut up so we can hear more of the banter at the table.
What I would love to see is you sitting at the table with the other "pros"... What kind of discussion would ensue when you were asked by Sammy, "want to run it twice?"HSP III "The Banker, Professor and the Suicide King - Live"any possibilities?
I would love to see them expand it to 2 hours each episode and get the hosts to shut up so we can hear more of the banter at the table.
Also don't have commercial breaks every 5min.
I agree 100%. The banter at the table is the most entertaining part to me.
  • 2 weeks later...