• Europe
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • Australia

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

97/M/Homeless ShelterIf he came out firing, I would attempt to raise, but this would usually end up with me wetting myself... then collapsing into a crumpled heap.So I would anticipate this, and in order to avoid any embarassment, I would fold.

38/M/USAIf we raise here we're making drawing hands pay and we're seeing where we are to some degree no? If someone made two pair, for example, they probably raise so we gain some info also?Just recently started playing limit regularly so what the hell do I know :club:

I missed this first trime.How? uh..I used to actually do work here at work.I see there are plenty of 30 something's out there.************I raise the flop every time.most of SB's draws would be making a mistake to call two bets on the flop.I'd also like to see if BB 3-bet now

I think you call then Bet the turn if the draw doesn't get there.Reason being if you raise here then on the turn the pot will be big enough for him to check/call and see the river card.So by calling instead of raising you force him to make a bigger error on the turn and it allows you to get away from the hand if his card hits.Basicly it's about pot size control.

I think you call then Bet the turn if the draw doesn't get there.Reason being if you raise here then on the turn the pot will be big enough for him to check/call and see the river card.So by calling instead of raising you force him to make a bigger error on the turn and it allows you to get away from the hand if his card hits.Basicly it's about pot size control.
this presumes a flush draw for SBthat's rare vs all the other draws he has4 and 5 card draws should fold to a flop raise.
I've always been curious to find out who makes up the FCP Forums.My initial guess would be that most are male, in the 20s and from North America.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Also, I was reading through the Post-Flop chapter in Sklansky's Small Stakes Holdem and here's the situation.You open raise on the button with ATo...both blinds call.Flop is Th-8h-6c and big blind opens the betting.Do you typically Call or Raise here? Why?I'll tell you the Sklanksy response later.
Raise. I don't believe in slowplaying TPTK.
This is why I don't get limit. No control of pot size really sucks.

It's funny how many people actually responded to the poker question.I think I originally added that so that the poll wouldn't get moved.

BUMPLet's update this poll with all you newbs from the last 8 months.
this poll can't be accurate. with all the booby/butt/half naked girl avatars, there just has to be more under 17. maybe they are afraid they get kicked out if they are under 17, so don't answer truthfully. :club:
It's funny how many people actually responded to the poker question.I think I originally added that so that the poll wouldn't get moved.
It's a good enough question to be answered. Feel proud :DHey where's my honourary (notice the correct spelling :D) Consulateship?or do I have to earn it first? :club:
this poll can't be accurate. with all the booby/butt/half naked girl avatars, there just has to be more under 17. maybe they are afraid they get kicked out if they are under 17, so don't answer truthfully. :D
who says you have to be under 17 to use booby avatars?c'mon 'fess up, you're not really a US citizen are you?
this presumes a flush draw for SBthat's rare vs all the other draws he has4 and 5 card draws should fold to a flop raise.
True, the play is very specific to board texture, read on player, etc.I think the flush draw type example is what Sklanskey was using as a ref. in the concept OP is discussing.I believe you are correct that in most cases you should be aggressive and make the opponent pay for hitting their smaller draws.\
heh..."consulateship" is not a word...not even in Canada!
I know, I made it up :DI spelled "honourary" correctly though :club: