I Called In Sick Today

14_zpsdebf285e.jpg

The full post really was the best thing ever.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

The purpose of church is to keep the believers believing (same reason multi level marketing companies have weekly meetings) so that there are plenty of people to tithe/buy their products.

There is no other reason. If you are a true believer you don't need to go to a church to continue believing or to be saved or to convince other people you are a believer.

You want to waste an hour of your Sunday's every week that's your prerogative but let's not pretend it's something that it is not.

There is no doubt that some churches are like this, but this is not at all an accurate portrayal of church from the Bible. I won't get into that here though. I already used up my bi-annual religious post.

There is no doubt that some churches are like this, but this is not at all an accurate portrayal of church from the Bible. I won't get into that here though. I already used up my bi-annual religious post.

so_i_married_an_axe_murderer_rod_stewart_with_bagpipes.jpg

Man, you're really trolling me hard, but it won't work McGee. I see through your charade. No more religion talk in here for me, my friend.

• Like 1

Also, that post about traffic wasn't a troll so much as a soul read. No one likes the C&E's coming in, sitting in your regular pew spot, going the wrong way in the one way lane in the parking lot. They're going to hell anyway, so why even bother? They don't want to be there, and you don't need their 40 annual bucks, so they should do everyone a favor and stay home.

I feel like a lot of the people in here haven't been exposed to church in an ideal way.

"The church" isn't supposed to be just a building/ceremony that you go to on holidays/Sundays. I'm trying to avoid Christianese in phrasing this, but...the church is people...PEEE-OPLE!

If you're not going to a church service where you're growing, I can see why people would think it's pointless. The point of gathering is fellowship, worship, learning, and reflection. All of those things can be done outside a formal setting, though some prefer the structure of attending a service.

As for giving, almost every church I've attended since college isn't pushy about it. They don't pass plates. When they do touch on it, they're very careful with how they address it. Giving should be done joyfully. For me, as I said before, church is bigger than something formal, so when I tithe, I sometimes give to something general, something specific, or sometimes just where I see a need.

• Like 1

Have to go into work today. There was a client complaint with the old, useless guys account and the division executive took the account from him and gave it to me. So i gotta clean up the mess and get things calmed down.

Mephisto has a design called the Gaetan that combines the look of the old square toe-cap Abel with the upper of a dress shoe.

large-GAETAN%208851%20dark%20brown%20waxy.jpg

Figure out I'd try a pair.

For a short time, Bass had a Birkenstock type sandal that was made in Italy and cost less than $100. They stopped carrying them but the pair I have has lasted 6 years and is worn every single day. I was killing a pair of Birkenstocks every year until discovering these things, which are apparently nowhere to be had.

$_35.JPG