• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I'm sure the place is great but the best tacos I've eaten were at little hole in the wall places in (East) LA that I would have never in a million years walked into if I wasn't with a Mexican. And the tacos were a buck a piece.

• Like 1

Oh, it's mostly mexican American cuisine. Not just tacos. It's a chain. $11 dollar margaritas. My entree was $23.

It was called the Durango. Marinated skirt steak taco, some chihuahua quesadilla and a pulled pork tostada with some creme. It was tasty as shit. Not saying it was authentic, but it was friggin good.

Not going to lie, I'd be all over the marinated flank steak tacos. I didnt mean to come off as being all high and mighty over what real tacos are. You live in Florida, I'm sure you know. The name of the place you went to just reminded me of how good the tacos were in the hood. About the only thing I miss about that job was the access to so many great taco places.

Without sluts, I'd never get laid, or have to work way too hard to get laid, so fck all that noise.

Hot chicks are more dumb than not, and I'm fine with that. Hot chicks are smart as well, but who has time for that?

Yeah, sluts are magical. And it's easy to just make it a big, "sluts are the best because they'll bang you" joke, which is a 100% valid upside to sluts. But even beyond the dehumanizing angle, girls who see sex as something to persurve or ration are just in general going to have a personality I find shitty, while girls who act super sexual and drunken all the time are typically much more fun to be around. I'm very pro-slut, and am disgusted by men who shy away from them.

• Like 2

Like, id feel bad about putting a mattress on that. I think I'd get an air mattress and then inflate/deflate it everyday just so it could always be displayed when not in use.

Yeah, you'd want to start bringing more strangers home for sexual encounters, just because not a lot of people end up seeing one's bedroom.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting this couch next, and find this desk tempting as well:

http://www.nakashimawoodworker.com/furniture/21/111

http://www.nakashimawoodworker.com/furniture/10/14

Shop carefully for tools, ignore tool-mania, focus on skill.

I go on woodworking forums, etc and see retards with shops full of Lie Nielsen who are building cutting boards and birdhouses.

Power tools aside, my basic woodworking rig fits into a converted machinists chest and I hugely prefer it to the days when I had a spread out shop (which I eventually realized was just a grandeur fetish) and I do do the kind of advanced projects that get voted to the front page of Reddit by a bunch of skill-free millenials, both practical woodworking and artistic woodcarving.

Chisels, files, rasps, papers, carving knives, small saws, mallets, screwdrivers, sanding blocks, whole shebang, in a small box and a TOTALLY empty workspace. I'll post a pic of the box later. You may prefer it another way but as someone who went through every 'phase' in shop set up, small, compact and gookishly efficient is clearly the superior way. The Hogarthian Configuration, in woodworking.

Also, I think Diablo Cody has a Challenger Hellcat in her Twitter picture. She has all the genetic properties of a woman to reproduce with.

I never even realized there were active woodworking forums, interesting. I have a couple books and have been watching YouTube videos, but haven't really completed any meaningful projects. Trying to be patient and not rush things, and then get distracted.

I appreciate that advice, but honestly, obsessing over gear is the main reason I get into anything, so as soon as I learn which tools are maxbets, I'll probably buy them. I think I might try to focus on vintage tools, just to be a douche, but don't have much yet.

I think before I start going Sklansky mode on tool acquisition, I need to improve my sharpening skills, though. I made a weak attempt at sharpening an inexpensive set of Stanly chisels, and even as shittily as I did it, it's clear to me now that factory edges are lol.

Dutch what's up with all the Deco decor?

I actually think it was McGee who turned me on to this genre of Japanese-style master woodcraft years ago, and I'm just finally getting around implementing some of it.

Ron, my apologies. I somehow missed your dog post. OMG I'm so excited for you and the lovely Mrs. to adopt a dog.

Take all the pictures, and may I humbly suggest after the dog gets comfortable--fat and sassy in your home, you take a photo of the dog wearing a crown in your godddamn enormous bed?

jamniki.jpg

• Like 3

MASH has hit netflix. goddamn i love this show.

A few years back my wife and kids bought me the whole series on DVD. One of the best presents ever.

I'm sure the place is great but the best tacos I've eaten were at little hole in the wall places in (East) LA that I would have never in a million years walked into if I wasn't with a Mexican. And the tacos were a buck a piece.

Are we talking about food? Yay!! I have photos.

This is from two weeks ago, I drove over to Highland Park and my favorite taco table had set up. You're looking at a closeup of the pork, you can't see the pineapple on top that was caramelizing the meat, or the lady patting out the fresh tortillas.

i44UQGC.jpg

This is from last night. I drove out to the San Gabriel Valley and went to the original Din Tai Fung. The two green dishes are bok choy and broccoli, the soup is chicken and dumplings (the broth was so good). The circular dumplings are pork soup dumplings, the triangular dumplings were chicken. We ate almost everything on the table. I went with my friend who's a former fat kid. I still ate more than him, and after I left, I drove into LA and met Mr. Friendzone at Scoops gelato, where I got a scoop of brown bread and a scoop of pistachio and fig gelato on a sugar cone.

8watdFR.jpg

• Like 4

Love the sofa, not a fan of the desk. The desk looks like it's trying too hard to be cool. That desk is the napa's shoes of desks.

• Like 4

My roommate is on the fast track to the front page of reddit in the background of a picture from this weekend. I'm not going to link it, but good luck figuring it out if that's something you're into.