I Called In Sick Today

Id say half of what your normal wedding gift costs? I have no idea. I've never been to a proper engagement party.

I've got the ISU game tomorrow. Not looking forward to it but I probably won't have season tickets after this year and they're paid for, so whatever. At least it's an early game so I can still get home and watch the actual good games.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck that. So, when they get engaged, they get a gift, she has a shower, gets more gifts, then the wedding gifts, then the baby shower gift? I'm not trying to bankroll their party schedule. Man that gets me irrationally angry. What if our little Frau never does any of these things, she just has to spend her life and money giving out gifts, never to be the recipient? Bs

No, I'd rather be talked about behind my back then get a gift every time they have a life event

Fine, If the engagement party is open bar, gift what you'd pay in drinks, unless you're me, then $25-$50. If it's a meal and drinks she has to pay for, they get nothing, and she should consider stealing something.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Your presence is your present

(They should) kiss your ass

My girl BFF got married this past weekend and she was telling me in an email how she was disappointed to not even get even a card, much less a present, from a lot of the guys in the frat that were invited and that they felt entitled that they should just be invited to every wedding. I didn't point out the irony there.

• Like 1

The party will be at the groom's parents place. I'm assuming it'll be catered. (Please god, cater waiters with trays of drinks...)

I think of engagement parties as old school networking events. I'm sorry I don't have a bunch of IBM execs to take.

It's at the parents place. Get them a card, maybe include a gift card. To a divorce lawyer would statistically be most useful.

Got an email late last night from a guy that found my tablet on the plane, asking for my address to send it back.

Winning!

• Like 5

I was walking into the grocery store and saw $40 on the ground and picked it up and looked around and there was a a guy loading groceries nearby. Asked him if he might have dropped some cash. Said he had two twenties. So I gave them to him. I probably got hustled. I would have given them to customer service had they gone unclaimed.

Karma can pay me back any day now, please.

(They should) kiss your ass

My girl BFF got married this past weekend and she was telling me in an email how she was disappointed to not even get even a card, much less a present, from a lot of the guys in the frat that were invited and that they felt entitled that they should just be invited to every wedding. I didn't point out the irony there.

Your frat bros didnt even get a card for the wedding, nevermind a gift? Wow. That's weak. But i suppose they are frat boys.

I'm missing the irony part

Saying they expect to be invite and that she feels entitled to gifts from them because of the open bar and food and etc.

Maybe it's not irony, but it's something.

Don't look at me though, I gave a card with $100. And my roommate and I are going to get them a poster of my infamous sweater pic as well.

While I embrace the concept of making fun of myself, hence my current Facebook pics, why would you give them a poster of that pic? They aren't going to put that on the wall in their house

I'm with her on the fact that if you feed someone and provide them with dinner, they need to bring s decent gift. They are idiots for expecting to be invited. She should make it known that they don't give gifts so they won't be invited anymore. I hate stupid people and I hate cheap people

I don't think you should expect anything except for people to show when hosting a party. Don't spend that much on a wedding expecting part of it to be subsidized by gifts. Your presence really should be the present to the host and anything above that is a gracious offering.

Of course you're also a huge dick if you don't bring anything.

I know it's not going to go up on a wall and probably immediately to the garbage but whatever. But she loves it (she told us that's what she wanted from us) and it's funny and costs next to nothing.

Arent we still doing the all caps for emphasis and comedy anymore? No? My bad then

Although, this bff girl should be the tree, her friends should be the branches

You need to break off some of those branches

Love the "calmer than you"

Any Lebowski makes me smile

An hour of yardwork in the 90 degree sun. Smart. Push mower, crappy edger, weed wacking and pulling, using the blower. I'm sweating like a pig. Counting it as a workout

NO WE ARE NOT I READ EVERYTHING AS ITS BEING SAID STONE SOBER WITH NO REGARD FOR CONTEXT.

All of her girlfriends are in super OMG serious relationships/married already. My only hope is she thinks of me in three to five years when 70% of these early marriages end in divorce and they're not the 22 year old they used to be and the only thing waiting for them is ole Napa.

• Like 1

Drove three hours to meet with a client. Great meeting, goes perfect, then bam out of nowhere at the end she says she is moving her account to a smaller company in her town.

No chance to re sell our brand and she ushers is out the door. Now were eating a Chinese buffet, obviously depressed.

7 million dollars out the door for no apparent reason. That's gonna hurt my numbers.