I Called In Sick Today

Absolutely not.

Deeply ingrained in me is the need to fix something that can be fixed instead of just buying new if the replacing would cost more than $75.

What JLL said. Just type in your product code number after you install a copy from online. Do you have a flash drive? Put the copy of 7 on it and keep it in a drawer somewhere.

I have a flash drive that has a copy of 7, office 2013, and my starter Ninite.com software package. Then you just need your product codes and you're ready to make your new brand computer. Easy peasy.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Yeah I figured it out last night. Although I ended using an torrented ISO of windows 7 and using that one program to put the drivers into the install disk and stuff. Although I might redo it if you can still get an ISO off of ms river or whatever so I know there isn't some key logger shit involved somewhere. I'm inly mostly an idiot you guys.

It's a shame more people aren't killed everybody. Put in 60 good hours this week, kinda tired. Going to have some good ole fashioned Labor Day steaks and burgers tomorrow and catch up on some sleepy. What are y'all up to??

Going back to last Wednesday--the Nine Inch Nails show. It was really great, I don't normally go across town on a weekday, I was tired, etc.

Look at this, though.

1ew2Svh.jpg

I took that during the Cold Cave opener--they continually apologized for not being the headliners. Pouty little bishes, and I wish Death Grips had been able to keep it together.

The NIN sets were bigger, more intricate, and broughtened the shock and awe. I'm so happy I went. I've seen Soundgarden before, and have never been a fan. Ah well. Chris Cornell has really lost his upper register.

• Like 4

Yeah--I was surprised my last model iPhone could take something like that.

So, I went back to the Bowl on Friday and saw John Williams conduct the LA Phil, with special guest Seth MacFarlane. John Williams plays this series every summer, and this is the second or third time I've gone. It's great and corny. Williams is super gracious and personable, talking to the crowd, making all of his patter seem in-the-moment and sincere. Seth MacFarlane was better than expected. He came out and sang three or four songs--his voice is like 80% professionally there, and the rest is made up in hamminess. What I really liked was Seth's contempt for celebrity.

He came out, sang his songs, chit chatted a little with the crowd. When someone yelled something particularly loud to him, he spat back, "You know you're not in your home, right?" He introduced all his songs by title, song writer, and arranger. The last song he announced he named the arranger (god! not famous, not Nelson Riddle, can't remember) and he sneered, "All of you music fans should know him, right?"

Saturday I had dinner at Maude, a restaurant in Beverly Hills. It's Curtis Stone's place, and has one fixed price menu, that focuses on one ingredient for the whole meal. This month is a nine course meal featuring corn for $85/pp.

Menu

1. Corn ice cream--soy, shiso, macademaia nut [this was savory ice cream, I think my first ever]
  2. Mexican Street Food--albacore, frog's leg [served like a tiny torta or cemita]
  3. Elotes--bbq corn, brown butter, jalapeno
  4. Cuttle fish--potato, broccoli, chorizo [this was a pudding or flan, that was supposed to include crab. Omitted for me.]
  5. Cured Waygu--burnt corn salsa, sorrel, tarragon
  6. Agnolotti--black truffle, romesco, buttered popcorn
  7. Pork loin--corn pudding, green figs, apple
  8. Purple Corn Crepe--plantain, creme carmel, dark chocolate

There was a bonus plate of wrapped albacore tuna in a leaf (looked like a fat blunt, meant to be finger food), a palate cleanser of melon sorbet with crispy prosciutto after the pork, before the dessert, and then some chocolates served after dessert. We were sent home with little packets of house made corn flakes, and tiny bottles of raw milk for the next day's breakfast. The corn flakes were very good, and a nice touch.

The Mexican Street Food, Elotes, and melon sorbets were my favorite of the evening. The pork loin was good, but the corn pudding with it was too sweet for my tastes. The green figs on the plate were excellent, and made me want more of them.

• Like 2

Alcohol and Malibu and Retirement Plans with Ron Mexico

Thursday I went to a fancy cocktail place and got the "Bartender's Choice" cocktail. I was sitting at a table, not in eyeline of bartender, so I told my server I drink everything, prefer tart or bitter drinks and hate rum. The first drink I got was a Frisco Sour--whiskey, Benedictine, lemon juice. My first, and really good. My second drink was a Mad Hatter--and I don't know what was in it. What I drank was really lovely, had some mescal and a little heat. All the Mad Hatter recipes I see on the internet are for a teen age girls having boozy Alice in Wonderland parties and sound disgusting.

Friday a co-worker gave me an Avery IPA (in a can, for later). She apologized for giving me a "pussy beer." It was just okay, but maybe I don't like IPAs? Sunday I met up with a lesbian friend in Echo Park and had two Wolf Creek Hefeweizens--delicious! Today I'm meeting with a girlfriend, her husband, and their 5 year old for a free concert in a park type thing. She's bringing alcohol, and I'm really hoping for a rose.

I got up early this morning and drove up to Malibu.

1TukXKL.jpg

rNE0Agh.jpg

I'm trying to keep busy, my work schedule has been lighter, and will start to crank up soon. Mr. Chicago is living in my head, which isn't comfortable, so if I'm going to be thinking about him, I might as well be sitting on a beach.

Ron,

Mi amor, please tell me you've already got your spot reserved.

• Like 2

Frau, I went there for a day on a business appt. I wasn't deep in the mix but on the outskirts, and the shopping plazas, Walmart Supercenter, etc, all had golf cart parking. Lots of tricked out golf carts. Golf channel did a piece on it as well. Seems like a good community to keep old people active and not just decaying on their couches, which some will do. In South FL, there were plenty of over 55 communities with a strong social presence. Most love it because it's all old New Yorkers, but some of the younger ones don't like it because it is depressing. Lots of ambulances rolling through the communities as well

• Like 1

Frau, I went there for a day on a business appt. I wasn't deep in the mix but on the outskirts, and the shopping plazas, Walmart Supercenter, etc, all had golf cart parking. Lots of tricked out golf carts. Golf channel did a piece on it as well. Seems like a good community to keep old people active and not just decaying on their couches, which some will do. In South FL, there were plenty of over 55 communities with a strong social presence. Most love it because it's all old New Yorkers, but some of the younger ones don't like it because it is depressing. Lots of ambulances rolling through the communities as well

Let's just stop at the article's tease, then.

It’s a notorious boomtown for boomers who want to spend their golden years with access to 11 a.m. happy hours, thousands of activities, and no-strings-attached sex, all lorded over by one elusive billionaire.

• Like 1

Currently zipping along at 600 mph just about directly over Kansas City. Flight had been smooth as silk so far which is always nice.

First thread in flight post? Beans doesn't count.

Sure. Do you need it right away? I could probably do it but to be honest, I don't feel like doing it right now and my roommate is talking all types of shit about his Mario kart skills and I need to brush up. Hopefully Strat will peak his precocious little head around here soon and can help you out.

Edit: oh...hmm...that seems like that might actually be a little work