Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

My mother drinks Pepsi One

Have you tried Pepsi Max? We like that. (The wife and I, not my mother and I)

Coke Zero is first, Max is 2nd, every other diet soda is third

I will have an occasional soda if I get fast food, which is very rare these days. Other than that it's water or beer.

I guess if I have a mixed drink, I will have coke in it. But that's a couple times a year these days.

I think GMOs are a 'where's the line' issue.

Some of it- the stuff that's just accelerating Darwin for the benefit of man- is probably OK but the bizarre and unnatural stuff, I can't help but wonder if we won't be regretting it years down the line. Read "The Black Swan" not because its related to GMOs but because it goes deep into unaccounted variables that can't be predicted when engineering complex systems.

The fact I can't buy a tomato anymore that doesn't have the consistency of eating a tennis ball, there's something wrong.

Also, if people are expected to live to 150, we'd better get population control into priority 1 mode. Either start rooting for ebola or devise the next AIDS. We're already maxed out and unfortunately, the birth rates among 'people more likely to bear offspring with an IQ above 100' is dwarfed by the 3rd world, who we now feed and provide medicines to thus normalizing their life expectancy while they breed with total abandon.

I just read an article that Italy- 2nd best health care system on the earth according to the World Health Organization, Italians second only to the Jews in terms of pound for pound contributions to civilization- has been in negative birthrate decline since the 1970's while Africa to Record Largest Population Growth Over The Next 40 Years

• Like 1

If you're over thirty and you're still drinking soda pop without booze in it, you need to get serious with your life. Learn to drink coffee and tea like a ****ing adult.

But I don't want to drink coffee. Hot liquids aren't my thing.

I did get chastised by a 16 year-old cashier for buying Kickstart a couple weeks ago.

• Like 2

I have to put ice cubes in my coffee to cool it down because I'm to much of a pussy to drink it piping hot and I'm to much of a child to wait for it to cool on it's own. I do drink it black though.

I have a client named Dick. Being an old man he isn't one for emailing. But he just sent me an email with the subject line:

DICK MONEY

Old Dick needs money!!!!!!!!! what's the status of dicks money request??????????

• Like 4

I think GMOs are a 'where's the line' issue.

Some of it- the stuff that's just accelerating Darwin for the benefit of man- is probably OK but the bizarre and unnatural stuff, I can't help but wonder if we won't be regretting it years down the line. Read "The Black Swan" not because its related to GMOs but because it goes deep into unaccounted variables that can't be predicted when engineering complex systems.

The fact I can't buy a tomato anymore that doesn't have the consistency of eating a tennis ball, there's something wrong.

That's my biggest issue. GMO foods are engineered not for taste, but for the highest amount of yield, in the shortest amount of grow time. That lends to bland, flavorless tomato, chicken or w/e. In general, my issue with corporate homogenization has less to do with politics and much more to do with aesthetics.

I'll grant two exceptions to the soda thing. If you're at a taco stand, you can get tamarind or pina sodas or some other weird flavor. And if you're at whole foods or some other high end store, you can buy a soda as long as it's blood orange or lavender and cum cream or w/e. But if you're a two diet pepsi a day soda drinker, you need to re-evaluate your life choices. And if you drink any form of Mt. Dew, just kill yourself.

• Like 1

Then drink iced coffee or iced tea. Or lemonade. Or Arnold Palmers. Or a god damn beer. Anything but soda pop.

I'm with Ocho in the water-or-beer for dinner camp. I did have a nice lemonade out at lunch yesterday.

But in general, at home for lunch during a regular workday, the lone can of Coca-Cola comes calling.

I switched to Gatorade/Powerade for a couple years, before realizing that its just about as unhealthy. That was disheartening.

That's my biggest issue. GMO foods are engineered not for taste, but for the highest amount of yield, in the shortest amount of grow time. That lends to bland, flavorless tomato, chicken or w/e. In general, my issue with corporate homogenization has less to do with politics and much more to do with aesthetics.

Unnatural rot resistance, too.

I'm *just* barely old enough to remember when a vegetable being 'in season' was a huge cost arbiter. These days, its pretty much irrelevant since so much of our food is imported. Also, you'd buy them and have to eat them in 2-3 days before they'd spoil. Now, they've already spent 2 weeks coming from Argentina before they even hit the shelf.

You look back through history, there are just so many things that received the 'Official Seal Of Approval' that turned out to be wildly dangerous. My elementary school had a cafeteria ceiling sprayed with pillowy, white asbestos. Then, 20-30 years later, the unforseen consequences start cropping up when shipbuilders and roofers start keeling over from mesothelioma and OOPS, turns out we were wrong. God knows how much of that shit I ate on my 'breaded processed chicken meat product patties' that were a favorite in the 1st Grade..

I loves me some science but only when its neutral and fact based. Agenda driven science, 'funded by...' studies are rarely trustworthy. Even scarier when systems of government become perverted with interest-entities, which ag has.

• Like 3

10% beer. Nice.

Not to get back to that topic, but I am pretty much at the point that anything under 7 is pointless. 7-9.9 is normal, 10+ is where the fun starts. 12-14 is prohibitively expensive in most cases, but awesome if you can get the good stuff.

• Like 1