I Called In Sick Today

Sometimes I get a little sad Ronny. I try not too, but it happens anyways.

Like right now, looking at the national spreadsheets and seeing I have more reports overdue than anyone in the country. That makes me sad because I'm busting my pick everyday and I keep falling further behind.

Weren't you interviewing a new lackey a while back? Someone to "delegate" the work you don't want to do to? How's that going.

Got an e-mail today from one of the Senior Directors, he has the Wisconson opening, letting me know that my presence is requested for a panel interview in Oak Brook, ILL on June 9th for the now 2 regional positions that are open (MS and WIS). Not sure who will be on the panel but I'm assuming at least both Seniors and the VP. I'm supposed to be on vacation the 6th through the 10th so we can go up to Nor Cal for my Neices graduation.

And SA thinks he has problems.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

what happened? i'll tell you what happened. they decided they couldn't hire the assistant until they figure out if they're going to keep the accounts here or move them. which will depend on whether they can find a senior officer. and so far they haven't. so it's all up in the air.

go to the interview, dominate, make bank, retire early.

• Like 1

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Sgivteq.png

AOA is free to trade on TD. I'm thinking about how to DCA into generic indices and still have the leeway to buy random stock picks we dig up... it'll probably be one of the free emerging market ETFs on TD. there are like 4 stocks I'd have liked to buy over the last few days, and TGT was the best of them. BBBY, PETM, and this crazy foreign e-commerce stock I'm forgetting were the others.

So we lost money? Again?

As long as we're having fun, make it rain!!

Seriously, what is your problem with me? Like honestly, why are you taking the Internet so seriously? Seriously.

Essay: you're pulling a Tilt here.

Seems perfect for ol Hank. And think of all of the hotel skanks he could slam. Although, that's a dangerous game. No time to see if they are five-o or not. Or if their pimp is gonna kick in your door and rob you.

Hank, any tricks for sniffing out a pro during a convo? Make em show you a tit? Make them quote you a price first?

none idea. i'm too paranoid for or too drunk to fully appreciate the random encounter. there's been a couple times meeting gals at one of the bars in mgm that i've come close but never pulled the trigger.

I'm sorry suited. Let's hug each other.

Please?

is it still called hugging if both participants are nude and at least semi-erect?

The store manager I wrote about yesterday was scheduled to be at work at 7 am today so my boss asked me to be there when she arrived. (we were/are worried about retaliation towards those that ratted her out). So I get my happy ass up at 4:30, get to her store before 7 and she doesn't show. She finally texted me at almost 9 saying she got in a fender bender and would be at the store after whe got done dealing with that. (She didn't know I was at the store).

I had a 10 am interview at another store so I left at 9:15 to head to that so my boss went up and suspended her instead.

Really pisses me off that I got up at 4:30 for nothing and then I didn't even get the pleasure of suspending her myself.

or to see her burst into tears due to the absolutely shitty day she's having. heavy is the head that wears the crown tilty.

yeah, but we had fun

are there at least some free cocktails involved? i mean, shit if you're going to piss money away speculating meet me in Vegas this summer.

a little less enamored with the position today. did some digging and there's a real possibility of being set up to fail. there is like zero technical material for me to easily obtain to learn what i'd need to know. and it sounds like the director has a very erratic style. from super micro manage to practical awol since he is remote employee. still going to keep diggin.

Only black people use the term cook out, in my experience.

I think of cook out with some kind of beach action, an Annette Funicello style dig a pit and roast a pig type meal.

BBQ, as napa has alluded to, denotes a specific kind of "open flame" cooking, primarily ribs and brisket. in the midwest, if you host a 1st annual rapefest BBQ and there are neither ribs nor brisket being served there will not be a second annual rapefest BBQ, no matter if it was the rapiest rapefest since the great duck and unicorn alliance of 1903.

I cannot stand for this. BBQ is all about indirect heat, low and slow.

I forgot, last week (Weds) I gave a final warning, in the presence of my boss, to one of my store managers for obstructing an employee relations investigation regarding another manager. I have no proof but it wouldn't surprise me if they were sleeping with each other. Anyway, I told her in as clear and direct a way possible that going forward she is to maintain confidentiality, not participate in any rumor/gossip and to absolutely, positively never talk to anyone other than employee relations again about the investigation into the other store manager. Including not to approach any other employee about or mention her final warning about the issue.

2 days later she (allegedly at the time) approached another employee and said "Thanks for almost getting me fired". My boss went to the store today and confirmed this as well as my manager badgering the same employee on Saturday about a meeting she had in the morning with her boss about what the employee said.

Yes, the easiest way to get fired when you are in an HR investigation is to break confidentiality or retaliate somehow. If you can just keep your mouth shut and eat shit, if it's a borderline case, you can keep your job. The workplace will probably marginalize you to make you quit though.

If it wasn't for sales people bitching about getting their commissions we'd have no idea when some of our customers go live on our software. It is a constant source of frustration for me and I'm actively trying to improve this.

Travelings fine if you don't really have a life or hobbies. And if you don't have to work 12 hour days while you are traveling.

You also hated the 12 hour days with only one co-worker/boss. The work day doesn't bother me, the 20-25% being on the road would be alright, too. It's the what if I got stuck for 6 days with the idiot who bores me and smells like air freshener scenario that makes me not want that type of job.

So I get my happy ass up at 4:30, get to her store before 7

Good lord, how far are you driving?

I hated a lot about that job. I seem to be well regarded around there still though, which is nice. Still talk/hang out with some former co-workers frequently. And when I was hanging out with the bosses daughter this past weekend she told her dad and he sent her a picture of the new loafers he just bought for my approval.

• Like 3

3 miles.

You kid, but I live 3 miles from work, and it can take up to an hour to get home (if I drive, and I'm driving in evening rush hour).

Today I met someone who works below the line on the Simpsons. We didn't really talk about her job, but she likes it a lot. It's kind of awesome to meet people who work on shows that everyone works on.

• Like 1

So we lost money? Again?

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing that Strat doesn't give a **** about returns with a sample size of one week. He's investing, not gambling.

What does this mean?

I meant to say, it's awesome to meet people who work on shows that everyone watches. The Simpsons might be past their biggest ratings, but so many people have seen it. It's cool to talk to people who make a living at entertainment--not superstar rich, but real everyday livings.

• Like 1

You kid, but I live 3 miles from work, and it can take up to an hour to get home (if I drive, and I'm driving in evening rush hour).

Makes sense. People just doing what they love, or like, making solid money, not stupid money. Basically, my dream

Yeah, my dream is to do something that I like, that pushes me occasionally to stretch. My last job had a not enjoyable workplace atmosphere. I learned so much, and then idled, and then learned some more.

My current job I've worked so hard, and really, really accomplished a lot. When I update my resume, I should be able to get as good of a title at a bigger place, or a better title at a similar sized place. I think I might be in the drivers seat when you consider my skills and experience and the job market requirements.

It's odd, though. I feel like I've shotgunned work, choking down a deluge, and stretching the number of hours I'm willing to work. I don't think I've gained that many skills.

You kid, but I live 3 miles from work, and it can take up to an hour to get home (if I drive, and I'm driving in evening rush hour)

Really, total coincidence. I had no idea. Can you lean a little to your left?

There you go.

• Like 1

I think of cook out with some kind of beach action, an Annette Funicello style dig a pit and roast a pig type meal.

I cannot stand for this. BBQ is all about indirect heat, low and slow.

Yes, the easiest way to get fired when you are in an HR investigation is to break confidentiality or retaliate somehow. If you can just keep your mouth shut and eat shit, if it's a borderline case, you can keep your job. The workplace will probably marginalize you to make you quit though.

You also hated the 12 hour days with only one co-worker/boss. The work day doesn't bother me, the 20-25% being on the road would be alright, too. It's the what if I got stuck for 6 days with the idiot who bores me and smells like air freshener scenario that makes me not want that type of job.

Good lord, how far are you driving?

yeah, i didn't think through my word choice very well. i'd tend to agree with you.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing that Strat doesn't give a **** about returns with a sample size of one week. He's investing, not gambling.

i didn't look. were the options the same as last time?