I Called In Sick Today

Thera, should the US goal yesterday have been called offside? My understanding is yes if Donovan touched the ball, and no if he didn't.

I didn't watch it live, so I didn't get to see any of the definitive replays, but it looked like both guys were onside when the ball was played. If Landon was off, then I'd probably think he should be called off for attempting to play the ball. The rule is "being involved in the play," and trying to score a goal would fit that description for me, even though he might not have touched it. If he just stood there and let it go, then no, it shouldn't be called off.

I think everybody was onside either way.

Soccer officiating talk gets me up to like 12th, right?

Saturday spent the day with the wife and baby, hit up Patriot Place a few hours before the Taylor Swift concert (lots of traffic, not the best idea) and then a big outlet mall place. I didn't buy anything. I never get to buy anything, because anything resembling an allotted budget is certainly taken up by the beer budget. Went out to eat later on that night, had some mediocre stuffed shrimp. Didn't sit too well the next day. And I just ate the leftovers, so I'll probably be in the bathroom later tonight. Should be fun.

Drank some Clown Shoes Galactica and Swagger yesterday during board games. Fit in four sessions of Game of Thrones, and three games of Seven Wonders in a 7 hour span. Pretty efficient. I didn't win anything though. I'm generally the shittiest board game player of the group, so I have to take some ribbing when I don't win. Tough friends!

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Wait, TG, what ex is this. The lying, cheating, **** of an ex-wife or?? I'm having trouble keeping up with all your conquests.

If the ex-wife, how did that come about.

If Donovan touched the ball, doesn't that require Shea to once again be behind 2 players? I feel my already garbage stock plummeting in the rankings...

Jesus, your right. Worst ref ever right here.

apparently macklemore is doing a show in downtown KC tonight. it was packed on my way out of work and i had to push my way through a line to get to the entrance to my parking garage. turns out my roomie is there with his girlfriend and the girls who live in the apartment below us. they did not invite me.

Man suited you should be able to pull some high quality gold diggers with a law degree. By the time they find out you don't make 6 figures your junk will already be wet. I can pull just about any average looking girl with my job but with a law degree damn.

You're at worst average looking my guy. Me...I'm ugly. And super fat. No hope for me. YOu know, unless I get my shit together, but lets be real.

I have a friend at that concert. I'll be going to the DSM version in October assuming I'm not on the road for work.

I don't know what your face looks like suited but I bet it's good enough to pull a gold digger.

Napa, you too. You can get some tail you get the sexy beefy thing going and you pull some coin. Not many coin pullers in Iowa. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I wanna bang your friends GF

Stand in line fancy face. I called dibs earlier.

Suited is average. He can pull if he turned into a man with a set of balls. Napa has to develop some more personality and stop worrying about every detail.. Strat, well, he just has to dial down the smug and leave his basement.

That's my assessment on their ass getting abilities