I Called In Sick Today

I'm guessing $13,832. Also, I totally missed an obvious opportunity...

7) Buy a nice suit
COME ON!Edit: One rule should be that nobody can guess within $1k of a previous guesser...it wouldn't be fair for someone to wait until the end, pick what he thinks is the best guess, and go one dollar only. We should be rewarding the early guesses, not punishing them. Edit 2, though this is still technically my first edit: Not that Wang will ever let us know who won, so I guess this is pointless.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I'm guessing $13,832. Also, I totally missed an obvious opportunity...COME ON!Edit: One rule should be that nobody can guess within $1k of a previous guesser...it wouldn't be fair for someone to wait until the end, pick what he thinks is the best guess, and go one dollar only. We should be rewarding the early guesses, not punishing them. Edit 2, though this is still technically my first edit: Not that Wang will ever let us know who won, so I guess this is pointless.
Yeah, but that's how the Sickiecase Showdown works! It's like that on the PisR also which is dumb but who cares! I'll have my people compose a final spreadsheet (you know who you are) when the votes are in.
I'm guessing $13,832.Edit: One rule should be that nobody can guess within $1k of a previous guesser...it wouldn't be fair for someone to wait until the end, pick what he thinks is the best guess, and go one dollar only. We should be rewarding the early guesses, not punishing them. Edit 2, though this is still technically my first edit: Not that Wang will ever let us know who won, so I guess this is pointless.
Are we guessing the cost of all that he wants to do with the money or what he won? If it's the cost, are we including the business venture? I would assume we should, but then Randy and your guesses are below or near my estimate, but my estimate didn't include it. It wouldn't be surprising to me if I was way off on several of my estimates though.

$14,420...Bob Drew RandyAlso, last week I had a phone interview with a company thanks to a referral from a friend. At the time, the position she referred me for was filled the day before the phone interview. But, there was soon going to be another opening going up on the website for a similar position and she would give my info to the hiring manager for that position and she would go from there.Well, just got a call from the accounting manager wanting to setup a phone interview with me. The position isn't even listed on their website, so I'm hoping that's a good thing. The position is very entry level (~$30k + benefits), and I'd still be in Iowa, but it would be so great to have at least something.Edit: Just saw Speedz guess...whoops, didn't mean to screw you. I made my guess and then got distracted and then finished my post.Edit 2: Just saw speedz post about being within 1k...2nd guess is $15, 420.

Are we guessing the cost of all that he wants to do with the money or what he won? If it's the cost, are we including the business venture? I would assume we should, but then Randy and your guesses are below or near my estimate, but my estimate didn't include it. It wouldn't be surprising to me if I was way off on several of my estimates though.
Oh sorry. I have given great thought to this. Ultimately it's the amount he won, but you can base it on anything that he has given up like his list or you can do what I did and pick random numbers with no thought to it other than a gut feeling.

While we're waiting for others to vote I want to mention my new adventure I'm planning which was inspired by a webiste I came across. I plan to run a half marathon in half the states of the US. The thing about half marathons is that they re still tough and a feat to accomplish but it wouldn't leave me completely wiped out and I could still enjoy the areas I visit. It might take me ten years but it's a goal. Oh, and I'm running them all barefoot and likely would be the only person to have ever done so.

While we're waiting for others to vote I want to mention my new adventure I'm planning which was inspired by a webiste I came across. I plan to run a half marathon in half the states of the US. The thing about half marathons is that they re still tough and a feat to accomplish but it wouldn't leave me completely wiped out and I could still enjoy the areas I visit. It might take me ten years but it's a goal.
Sucks I've got a thing in another state that weekend you're doing the half-marathon in whatever state I happen to be living in at the time.(I think that joke's getting stale)
Oh, and I'm running them all barefoot and likely would be the only person to have ever done so.
I want to say, "I wonder why that is," but I've decided that I don't know enough about this barefoot running thing to make fun of you for it. Then again, since when do I have to know about something to make fun of it?Anyways, the whole argument that our bodies evolved for long distance running, probably sans-footwear, does make some sense, I suppose. Then again, it probably evolved for running on soft surfaces, not concrete, so there should be some compensation there.
No way I was telling her how much I had riding on the game, so I lied and said my father did his undergraduate there, and that we were raised Duke fans. When I talked to my dad this afternoon, I told him I might need him to like about being a Duke graduate sometime.
Hahaha.... you think you might be introducing this chick to your family someday? Don't you read your own stories?
Randy - $9,123speedz99 - $13,832Napa_Don - $15,420JoeyJoJo - $18,118qyayqi - $32,700
LG - $27,358

Here's what I will do:So far there have been, as far as I can tell, 10 guesses. If a majority of those 10 guessers can agree on one of the single, previously mentioned numbers, I will indicate over or under. One of the guesses is very close -- by a margin of less than 250 dollars -- to the exact net, post-hedging amount of my cash. If that number is chosen, I will give the exact amount. See y'all in 24 hours.

I recently went to a "group interview" for a summer job at the wildlife center, and the dude that runs the place was talking about the fact that he didn't know how to choose between the six of us, hates confrontation, doesn't want to let anybody down, etc...basically what you'd expect from a hippie wildlife vet (awesome guy though).Hippie Vet: Well, how would you guys choose?brief moment of awkward silenceSpeedz: I'd choose me (pause for laughter)...but that's probably what everyone else is thinking too. What I'm saying is that I think we should choose my number, but I suppose if I had to vote for someone else it would be JJJ, only because he really broke it down. Although, I'm not sure he took the "I can't afford everything on this list" comment made by Wang into account. Plus this whole high risk/reward venture is a complete crapshoot in terms of guessing how much he'd have to buy in for.

Although the smart choice would be to pick one of the numbers in the middle...say $20k from vb. The odds that we'll hit it on the head are low (some might say in the realm of 10%), but at least the over/under would give us a clue. I still think I'm right though.

What I'm saying is that I think we should choose my number, but I suppose if I had to vote for someone else it would be JJJ, only because he really broke it down. Although, I'm not sure he took the "I can't afford everything on this list" comment made by Wang. Plus this whole high risk/reward venture is a complete crapshoot in terms of guessing how much he'd have to buy in for.
My breakdown included some wild guesses. He also just now said he hedged; was his to-do list factoring in the hedge? I would think it does.Anyway, Randy - $9,123Quacktastic - $11,900speedz99 - $13,832Napa_Don - $15,420El Guapo - $16,830.42JoeyJoJo - $18,118vbnautilus - $20,000Swift Psycho - $23,300 LG - $27,358qyayqi - $32,700I think we should choose my guess because it's right in the middle and would eliminate the most guesses. However, using vb's guess would narrow the range the most.Edit: I was cobbling together all the guesses before this was posted:
Although the smart choice would be to pick one of the numbers in the middle...say $20k from vb.