I Called In Sick Today

Did I misunderstand the story? Were you not mostly naked with Mags? That would seem to prove that you're not all that delusional.
Oh, I stuffed her in a Bennigan's parking lot on Friday night, but that will be the high-water mark. She's getting weird already. The evidence:On Friday night:Maggie: "Wanna come see me at work tomorrow?"Wang: "Sure. I'll try to stop by sometime in the afternoon."Maggie: "Okay. If you don't, I'll just call you after I get off, okay?"Wang: "Okay."On Saturday I popped in and said hi. She said she was getting off between 5 and 6, and she'd call me so we could go party. 8PM rolls around, and I send her a text. No answer, and no phone-call. I called her Sunday afternoon to see what happened. No answer. She eventually texted me at 5PM with "I just got off work. What's up?"I told her I was just calling to say hi, and asked her to call me when she got a chance. No response, no call.I just saw her a few minutes ago, and we didn't talk about the weekend. Then, this little snippet of delightful conversation:Wang: "Hey, what days do we have off this week?"Maggie: "What?"Wang: "What days are we off?"Maggie: (exasperated) "I have [son's name]."Wang: "Yeah, but I am wondering what days we have off from school for Thanksgiving break."Maggie: "Oh, I thought you were... I thought you meant what days do I have off work."Wang: "Nope."Maggie: (No response)Wang: "You okay? You're being defensive."Maggie: "No I'm not. I just thought you were..."Wang: "Yeah. Okay."I figured I'd have a little more time before she started doing this. Apparently our relationship decays quicker and quicker every time. I made it all of a week before she became combative and defensive. I'm a pretty nice guy, so she's trying to pick a fight so she'll feel less guilty about giving me the "back off" signals with so little warning. (I'm pretty sure that reason for the change in behavior is: "I don't really like you that much.") She knows she was the one who gave me the green-light, and that means the change of direction wasn't something I should have seen coming. I'm still deciding whether I'll let her off the hook by being a jerk, or whether I'm going to leave her to stew in her guilt by being unfailingly nice. Probably going with the former eventually, but I'll punish her a little first. Yay Dad.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

She eventually texted me at 5PM with "I just got off work. What's up?"
Oh, I've been through that almost exactly and I can tell you...
I'm going to leave her to stew in her guilt by being unfailingly nice.
...that didn't work out for me so much.
Yeah, domestic violence suddenly makes all sorts of sense. "Now look what you made me do!"
In my philosophy class my professor is a mid 50's bald man from Iceland. The other day we were talking about how there are usually two causes to every action and he closed the discussion with "so next time you hear about a domestic violence case, remember that she probably did something to cause it in the first place." He was obviously joking, and since this kind of thing is funny to me, I started laughing kind of loudly. Problem is, I was the only person in the thirty person class who caught the humor in it. Oh well.
The other day we were talking about how there are usually two causes to every action and he closed the discussion with "so next time you hear about a domestic violence case, remember that she probably did something to cause it in the first place." He was obviously joking.
But, I mean, that's actually true, isn't it? Usually she does do something that causes it. The joke would be "she probably did something to deserve it in the first place."Now, the cause could be something totally benign and he's just totally loaded up on something, but the cause would still be there. And before you say the cause is getting loaded up, that would just take us to the original point, that there are two causes to every action.
She eventually texted me at 5PM with "I just got off work. What's up?"
I really don't like this girl. But you already knew that.
this is the point in the relationship where you start beating her.
About 8 months too late on this one.
But, I mean, that's actually true, isn't it? Usually she does do something that causes it. The joke would be "she probably did something to deserve it in the first place."
I'm not sure that's what the joke would be.
But, I mean, that's actually true, isn't it? Usually she does do something that causes it. The joke would be "she probably did something to deserve it in the first place."Now, the cause could be something totally benign and he's just totally loaded up on something, but the cause would still be there. And before you say the cause is getting loaded up, that would just take us to the original point, that there are two causes to every action.
Hey I'm with you buddy. Just not something you expect a 50ish year old Icelandic man to say something like that. It was funny. And he was giggling, so he meant it as a joke. I was just the only one polite enough to laugh at it.
I figured I'd have a little more time before she started doing this. Apparently our relationship decays quicker and quicker every time.
Hate to say I told you so, but quit listening to brv, this chick is all wrong for you. Trust me, there are plenty of fish in the sea who fit your "pretty girl that likes Radiohead" criteria, and they aren't also crazy single-mom wenches too. sxeohd.png
Hate to say I told you so, but quit listening to brv, this chick is all wrong for you. Trust me, there are plenty of fish in the sea who fit your "pretty girl that likes Radiohead" criteria, and they aren't also crazy single-mom wenches too. sxeohd.png
Aye. You (and the cow) are almost certainly right. Almost a year after we first broke up, however, I'm exactly where I was after our first date. I won't pretend to understand that, or try to explain it, but it is what it is. There is special providence in the fall of a sparrow. The readiness is all.

Our firm won the award of top wealth manager for the Sacramento Area put out by Sacramento Magazine. It is primarily just a marketing ploy by the magazine to sell advertising. Since we are moving out office in the next couple of months the owner decided that he was going to leverage this award and go ahead with a full marketing push and get a full page ad. We had to do an office photo shoot today for the spread.The guy taking the pictures looking like Val Kilmer in The Saint, when he was portraying the artists, only 20 years older with bad acne scars. He kept on calling the women sweetheart, and talked about how great he was the whole time.I fake smiled for almost an hour and now my face hurts.

Yep, only dem Bungles know how to steal defeat from the jaws of victory time after time.Slow around today so I'll ramble a bit I guess.After doing some checking it appears I have a strained muscle in my ankle, (I'll save the boring details)((as if this isn't boring enough)) just in time for the Turkey Trot on Thursday that I have been trainingvery hard for. I think I'll be a game time decision at this point, but I'd put me on the doubtful list.As far as my working out is going I am hanging around 163 (down from 190) and i've thought of showingbefore and after pics but i'm not quite that vain. Well, I am but still won't put you all through it.None of my winter clothes fit anymore and I actually bought some Under Armor compression shirts for winter. A year ago that would have been laughable with rolls of fat bulging through.I eat Chia seeds every morning.My daughter's baby is doing fine but her boyfriend is a Slinkie. by Slinkie I mean he basically serves no purpose but would be fun to watch if you pushed him down the stairs.