I Called In Sick Today

ok I can't wait for somebody else to post to put a break between my posts: I'm fucking sick and I hate being sick. I'd stopped taking vitamin c and zinc, but I will definitely be going back after this shit.
It's a "celebration"
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I had something funny to say but now that I have caught up I forgot what it was. So just close your eyes and imagine that Steve actually said something funny.

I'm fucking sick and I hate being sick.
You called in, right?
you win
I had a flashback to you on the Price is Right and giggled....
So just close your eyes and imagine that Steve actually said something funny.
Are we allowed to use the force?I actually have stuff to do today. Well, I had it to to yesterday but I didnt....Remind me not to drive around on the lake and drink like its going out of style on a Sunday again

I hate waiting for grades. In my BusLaw class we had 10 tests. The night of the last test you could make the decision to come back next week and take the cumulative final and use that score to replace your two lowest. There was also the possibility that you could take your final grade and add a whole 10% if you showed up on time for all classes, never left during class and weren't late back from break. I think the math had me at 88% total before going into test 10. I never stayed to see what I got on that but I think if my math was correct I could have gotten a 40% on that test and still finished with a B. So I was cocky and signed a statement saying I was waiving my right to take the final and left. I really hope my math was correct. Now to gear up for BusLaw II.Funny BusLaw story to go along with this riveting post...So the lecture last week our professor was discussing how employers have the right to tell you how to live your life if you want to remain employed. That seemed to piss a lot of people off. He asked to see hands of how many of us had two jobs and said that it is very possible that if one or both find out they have the legal right to fire you. Some kids were upset at this and used the argument, "I got off at 5pm and after that I can do whatever I want, like go work somewhere else from 6-10". Nope. He was giving us examples like your boss can tell you not to drink after work and how you have to wear your hair. So the girl behind me is getting angry as I can here her huffing and puffing. She raises her hand and he calls on her and the stupidity begins. "So my employer can tell me that after work I need to go home and kill myself and you are telling me that I have to do as he says so he can basically kill me and not get in trouble for it."She was dead serious...

You called in, right?
ha, no. I'm not allowed to take sick days here. so I basically can't just not come in unless its for an interview for another job so that when I get fired I'll have somewhere to go.
thanks for quoting it before I could fix the retardedness.
could you fix it now? I'm still confused.
dicks sporting goods
"Dick's is the place where the crew hang out the SWASS like to play, and the rich flaunt clout "- Sir Mix A Lot -Here's your problem, how can you possibly expect get a girl where the crew hangs out, the Swass like to play, and the rich are flaunting there clout? Do you have any clout to flaunt?

Hey remember me? I'm caught up now but have alot to do and have lost quotes 17 times from getting busy the last couple of days.Oh well, lots of stanley nickels, shrutebucks, brocolli and eval to pass arounds.And finally, I believe it was everyone in the thread giving Idaho grief over her girlfriend crying in the copy room over the way her boyfriend dumped her because she was non-commital about getting married and he tired of waiting on her crazy a.ss. Also, the copy room became the gist of much much humor here. Guapo, just take a year off and totally catch up basically. We'll still be here unless Daniel gets busted for something and goes to prison in which case we will be, uh? Ummm, better leave an email with someone so we can let you know.And congrats to Boo Boo for making a post and getting a toof, pretty awesome news.

Guapo, just take a year off and totally catch up basically. We'll still be here unless Daniel gets busted for something and goes to prison in which case we will be, uh? Ummm, better leave an email with someone so we can let you know.
I think it took me a month or so to read this entire thread. Mind you, I have a shit ton of free time on my hands.
I think it took me a month or so to read this entire thread. Mind you, I have a shit ton of free time on my hands.
There was at least one guy that spent over a month trying to read through the entire thread, posted a few times, and then disappeared. I can't imagine a much sadder waste of time.

Rant, feel free to ignore...So every year around this time we have a inspection from the mortgage company to see how we are keeping the complex. Every year it seems my boss forgets till the last minute to tell me this is happening and then we have to hunt around real quickly to find tenants who will let us view their apartment. This year the inspector was nice enough to fax me the date and time so that I had a heads up. It was supposed to be 11:30 on 4/29. So Friday last week I am talking to my boss and I asked him a question about the inspection and he suddenly realizes that he forgot to tell me that he moved it to the 22nd. Oh good, so I got one day to find 10 tenants who will grant us access to their apartments. Weee. What time I ask...I don't know he says. Monday comes and my mom has an emergency and needs some money by Wednesday morning. It's was too late at that point but I never go into work on Tuesdays till 12 because we are open till 8 so I tell her I can't do it till Tuesday. She is cool with that just as long as it is in her account before closing on tues. I get to work and my boss tells me that he has a funeral and he can't make it for the inspection so I have to do it and he thinks the guy will be there around 8:30am. <insert scooby doo "arrrrr"?> Well that sucks. The bank opens at 8 but it is at that time of day about an hour away from where I work so I am screwed. My wife can't deposit the check because her name is not on my moms account (I am). So he tells me he could be wrong and he would try and find out. Well he never did. I texted him about 10pm last night and he still had no idea but expressed that it should be no big deal coming in an hour early. I reminded him that we close at 8 on Tues and he forgot and felt really bad. (good). Another issue is that I need a lease for a 5pm signing today and he was supposed to let me pick it up Monday night but he got home too late. So here we are on Tuesday and I get up early and get ready and he calls about 8:12 and says that I can swing by his house and pick up the lease. Sad thing is is that traffic is 10x heavier that early than when I normally and there is no way I can get to his house and to work before 8:30 when he thinks the guy will show up. So I have to pass on it and hopefully go there later when I try and get to the bank for my mom.I get to work and the guy doesn't show up until 11:45. *sigh* He said that they agreed to change the date up a week but never discussed a time so he kept to the original time. So by 1pm we are done. I then drive to my house, then to the bank, then to my boss' house to get the lease and then back to work. That took 2 hours and over 100 miles. Now I sit bored and tired and have 3 and half hours to go until I can leave. I am just not happy right now. If he knew it was 11:45 then I go about my day normally instead of rushing around. This also means that I drive to work twice which means I just drove 52 extra miles today that were totally not worth it and at $3.69 a gallon for regular that pisses me off.

There was at least one guy that spent over a month trying to read through the entire thread, posted a few times, and then disappeared. I can't imagine a much more perfect way of spending your life.
I agree.
Rant, feel free to ignore...So every year around this time we have a inspection from the mortgage company to see how we are keeping the complex. I get to work and the guy doesn't show up until 11:45. *sigh* He said that they agreed to change the date up a week but never discussed a time so he kept to the original time. pisses me off.
Ive never heard of a mortgage company inspecting property like that.... the owner must have refinanced or somethingI used to go outta my way to meet with and schedule people like that...Now I figure that since theyre technically working for me, they can be the ones that get inconvenienced instead of me I used to deal with an insurance guy in Nevada that called me constantly, insisting that I go to his office and sign some paperwork immediately after buying a car or something. I broke him from that habit by showing up at his house late in the evenings and on weekends. He started dropping the stuff in the mail from then on....
Rant, feel free to ignore...
That does blow, yeah, I read it because I'm bored too. I've been really busy lately and just got caught up plus the boss left so I can post. I have 2 hours left and am praying no one else shows up. I'm tired and worn out.My buddy has a band and he just called and told me they have their first live date to play. The bands name is Von Stoop. Wondering if anyone will get it?Bengals rant since apparently it's rant time.Ocho Chad Johnson has been whining all offseason about being traded. He really just wants to get traded so he can negotiate a new contract and big bucks while he still can since he's 30. The problem is he's under contract till 2011 and we have re-negotiated his contract 3 times already and he's been one of the top 3 paid WR's in the league. He sees Fitzgerald get a new huge deal and he decides to whine and be a pain like TO.I like how our coach Marvin Lewis came out today and called him out. He said Chad said he wasn't playing for the Bengals and he thinks Chad is a man of his word, so he believes Chad will just sit out the season. (Meaning he wouldn't be paid). We can't afford to trade him because of salary cap issues. The situation is just getting ugly now. I used to love Chad and excused his childishness as being fun, now he's deteriorated into another sports jerk.

Hey beans. This summer I am going to remodel my unfinished basement. I am going to make one area a workout room and a buddy suggested that we acid-wash the concrete floor and seal it. I looked at some sites online but wondered if you had any experience with it. It looks pretty cool.

Hey beans. This summer I am going to remodel my unfinished basement. I am going to make one area a workout room and a buddy suggested that we acid-wash the concrete floor and seal it. I looked at some sites online but wondered if you had any experience with it. It looks pretty cool.
Ive only acid washed concrete with muriatic acid to prep and etch it for an epoxy coating....The only other concrete top coat Im familiar with is staining, which Ive used on interior floors with a wax-type sealer or on driveways in conjunction with a rock or brick style stamp patterning system...Is the sealer your talking about a two part paint style system or a clear sealer?