I Called In Sick Today

Wow, you're a tough customer to take to a movie.. I can suspend reality for 2-3 hours at a time, so that stuff doesn't bother me muchgood point.
Im picky about details, I guessBut I dont attend movies much...Before seeing Oceans Thirteen a while back, the last one I saw in the theater was Lethal Weapon FourIts hard to smuggle in enough beer for a two hour showing
I just watched 3:10 to Yuma. It was well done.
I saw parts of it on DVD in Vegas...Quit watching after one of the guys pulled out a pistol made twenty years after the event took placeJust teasing...didnt watch any of it
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Illusionist > PrestigeNo Country and There Will Be Blood > every movie of 2007Planet Terror > Deathproof
you're a smart man (or woman, whatever you are!)
Quit watching after one of the guys pulled out a pistol made twenty years after the event took place
damn, I saw something in a movie this weekend that aggravated the hell out of me and it was something like this, but much more obvious. now I can't remember what it was.well great news on the roof front! it turns out that the two people I had come over and look at it both can't work on this type of roof. one of them knows another guy, but he's not sure if he can do it either. apparently nobody in this state can do this kind of work other than a roofing company. I don't have enough money to pay a roofing company. I don't see this ending well.
I really, really liked The Prestige, but thought they sold out with the whole tesla machine being 'magic' rather than a trick. It was disappointing.
It wasn't supposed to be 'magic'. Just an unexplained phenomenon based on scientific principles. You don't think transportation or replication will ever be possible? I mean, have you not seen Star Trek? Duh.
Plus the tricks he was performing weren't plausible tricks, they were 'magic'....I can suspend my disbelief with the best of them, but when it's a movie about magic, at least give me a chance to play along.
Once again, they weren't supposed to be real magic. Just tricks that they chose not to explain.
Kentucky Fried Moviehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYzsskE5ObA...feature=relatedThe birth of Police Squad, Airplane, and Naked Gun.
It's a shame that very few people know about this movie.
well great news on the roof front! it turns out that the two people I had come over and look at it both can't work on this type of roof. one of them knows another guy, but he's not sure if he can do it either. apparently nobody in this state can do this kind of work other than a roofing company. I don't have enough money to pay a roofing company. I don't see this ending well.
1. You own a house? Why does this surprise me?2. You don't have insurance?
well great news on the roof front! it turns out that the two people I had come over and look at it both can't work on this type of roof. one of them knows another guy, but he's not sure if he can do it either. apparently nobody in this state can do this kind of work other than a roofing company. I don't have enough money to pay a roofing company. I don't see this ending well.
What type of roof is it?Conventional plywood with rosin paper and asphalt shingles?Lathe strip and wooden shake?Membrane over decking with pea gravel surface?Clay tile over conventional?Fiberglass three tabs over closed decking?Rolled alsphalt every three feet with a shallow pitch under three in twelve?More details, please....Shane needs a project when he returns next week
I don't have enough money to pay a roofing company. I don't see this ending well.
i don't believe you own your own house. how can you be sooooo good looking AND successful too?
1. You own a house? Why does this surprise me?2. You don't have insurance?
1. yeah I do. my parents gave it to me/left it to me when they moved to myrtle beach because it was in too bad of shape to sell and get anything out of, and it was just easier for them to give it to me to take care of (not to mention leaving half of their shit here so they didn't have to move it or throw it away).2. see response number one. its not really insurable. if I could find someone to insure it, it would probably cost more than I could afford anyways. its really, really old. like late 1800's, and I don't think its been remodeled much since then. wiring's pretty bad plus a lot of deterioration, etc. I'm just staying here long enough to get a job where I can make enough to afford my own real house at which point I'll probably be bulldozing this one.
What type of roof is it?Shane needs a project when he returns next week
rolled tin. I think thats what its called. tin roof thats crimped not bolted.
i don't believe you own your own house. how can you be sooooo good looking AND successful too?
see the post above. I am by no means successful.
rolled tin. I think thats what its called. tin roof thats crimped not bolted.
I can probably tell you how to fix the stuff, but Ill need some pics firstDoes it have rusted holes in it or has the edges or ridge cap lifted?Are the leaks coming from a valley or flat areas?Whats the estimated pitch of it? A 12/12 pitch is a 45 degree angle and a 6/12 is a 22 1/2 etc. meaning for ever twelve inches of run the roof rises six inchesI (Shane) fixed our neighbors cabin in Colorado a few years ago with the stuff and its still holding to this day...cost about three hundred for fifteen gallons of the stuff
I can probably tell you how to fix the stuff, but Ill need some pics firstDoes it have rusted holes in it or has the edges or ridge cap lifted?Are the leaks coming from a valley or flat areas?Whats the estimated pitch of it? A 12/12 pitch is a 45 degree angle and a 6/12 is a 22 1/2 etc. meaning for ever twelve inches of run the roof rises six inchesI (Shane) fixed our neighbors cabin in Colorado a few years ago with the stuff and its still holding to this day...cost about three hundred for fifteen gallons of the stuff
gallons? of tin?what CAN'T you get your hands on if you get liquid tin @ $20/gallon...
i371fg11.JPGMetal roofing is lightweight, easy to maintain and aesthetically appealing. if properly maintained, it can last indefinitely; however, metal is inherently susceptible to damage from high wind and corrosion. Expensive repairs can be avoided with the proper application of an elastomeric roof coating. A high-quality roof-coating system includes a biodegradable cleaner to prepare the surface metal, industrial grade caulk for repairs at seams and protrusions, and an elastomeric coating made from 100 percent acrylic resins. The added benefit of an acrylic roof coating is it will remain permanently flexible, allowing the metal to expand and contract with fluctuations in temperature. White or light-colored coatings also reflect UV heat from the sun from the building surface, significantly reducing interior temperatures.
throw a cat up there this summer and take pix
I don't know what this means
oh its not leaks, the tin is gone. about half of the roof on the front of the house ripped up and buckled over. its still up there, bent over onto the other side. the right side is now exposed wood.
oh its not leaks, the tin is gone. about half of the roof on the front of the house ripped up and buckled over. its still up there, bent over onto the other side. the right side is now exposed wood.
Ah ha...Just go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy the cheapest fiberglass three tab shingles you can and roof the exposed wood with them. Cut off the tin thats folded back and apply the coating to the side thats intactMeasure the roof, go buy the materials, and set up a web cam with that new laptop so I can tell you how to do it...We could make JTV history
i371fg11.JPGMetal roofing is lightweight, easy to maintain and aesthetically appealing. if properly maintained, it can last indefinitely; however, metal is inherently susceptible to damage from high wind and corrosion. Expensive repairs can be avoided with the proper application of an elastomeric roof coating. A high-quality roof-coating system includes a biodegradable cleaner to prepare the surface metal, industrial grade caulk for repairs at seams and protrusions, and an elastomeric coating made from 100 percent acrylic resins. The added benefit of an acrylic roof coating is it will remain permanently flexible, allowing the metal to expand and contract with fluctuations in temperature. White or light-colored coatings also reflect UV heat from the sun from the building surface, significantly reducing interior temperatures.
i knew that, but honestly - how much for some liquid tin?
Ah ha...Just go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy the cheapest fiberglass three tab shingles you can and roof the exposed wood with them. Cut off the tin thats folded back and apply the coating to the side thats intactMeasure the roof, go buy the materials, and set up a web cam with that new laptop so I can tell you how to do it...We could make JTV history
now this i would watch. and that twotone roof will be all the rage in vagina in no time if hotandrew starts the trend.
its a 2 story house and the roof is at about a 45 degree angle. I will not be getting up there. no amount of jtv fame can convince me to.
i knew that, but honestly - how much for some liquid tin?
Ive never got tin hot enough to melt, but it does release and turn to a slag when melting leadYes, I have a lead melting pot... and its only blown up on me onceI spilled a drop of beer in it while making cannon balls fishing lures
now this i would watch. and that twotone roof will be all the rage in vagina in no time if hotandrew starts the trend.
Im all for it...Shake, get the cam ready and well start tomorrow after work
its a 2 story house and the roof is at about a 45 degree angle. I will not be getting up there. no amount of jtv fame can convince me to.
Ah, come on...Ill be right there watching the whole timeWhat could possibly go wrong?Seriously, you need to contact the local workforce or whatever its called in your area and get a couple of hard luck cases up there to fix it... Its not that big of a dealOr just buy a nice umbrella to sleep under
we're trying to get our house ready to sell again in the next two months. i've got plenty for shane to do.
where you moving to? i recommend vancouver. hourly rate was ~400 yesterday.
we're trying to get our house ready to sell again in the next two months. i've got plenty for shane to do.
He'll be with me in Hot Springs next weekend betting the ponies, Ill see if he wants to hit NorthWest Hwy afterwards...Is Baby Dolls or the Million Dollar Club still down there?Surely our pics have been removed from the entrance by now....
Illusionist > PrestigeNo Country and There Will Be Blood > every movie of 2007Planet Terror > Deathproof
NoI'm assuming you're right considering we have similar tastes, but I regretfully haven't seen any of 2007Yes
I saw parts of it on DVD in Vegas...Quit watching after one of the guys pulled out a pistol made twenty years after the event took placeJust teasing...didnt watch any of it
Lemon got me, but I don't doubt that you notice this stuff all the time. I would booze you up so you'd pass out drunk during the movie.
I hate FL for a myriad of reasons. All the old people. All the people in the lower half of this state that have lived here for 30 years and know 4 words of English, the snowbirds, the hot and humid summers, the lack of below 70 weather in the winter, but at least I can find a Guat on the corner to fix a roof anytime I need to.
throw a cat up there this summer and take pix
Nice