I Called In Sick Today

So shortly after going into the hospital they installed a "port" which is essentially a permanent iv portal. It almost immediately got a staff infection which lead to my time on life support but since had healed up.

All this to give background to the following, late last week I started developing an abscess right next to where this port was. Sunday night/Monday morning I woke up to the abscess having opened up at the old post wound, leaking a puss filled liquidy mess. Tried getting a doctor appointment before my appoint scheduled for today when I woke up with a fever yesterday. Couldn't so went to the ER. Sure as shut they insisted on admitting me. Being on chemo, infections are both easy to get and potentially very dangerous.

So, here I sit in the hospital tonight, hoping I'll be going home tomorrow after the tests and consults today showed not as dire an issue as the docs originally feared yesterday.

Always something it seems.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

It's such bulls**t that your company fired you for being sick. There has got to be something we can do. Maybe Scram can get this to the front page of reddit.

• Like 1

Napa, Strat - maybe tilty would be willing to shed some weight loss tips?

This took me far to long to notice. I am ashame.

Woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose. I took some vitamin c and zinc as a precaution. I can't afford to be getting sick.

My boss just asked someone else to review a revenue model from the product department for accuracy.

I feel offended that she didn't ask me even though the guy she asked has about 20 years more experience than I do.

I don't know what this means.

Tilty, my man, stay up. Stay strong. Stay alive.

Doing my best. Going home in the morning.

• Like 5

oh, I know exactly why I stopped losing at the original clip. I got tired of being strict after a month.

I'm down 22 from when I started paying casual attention last year. set a definitive goal weight this spring but It's been lose a few, plateau, lose a few, plateau. It's tough to stay on the calorie grind. good luck brosef.

This took me far to long to notice. I am ashame.

Woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose. I took some vitamin c and zinc as a precaution. I can't afford to be getting sick.

I get that shit every fall. E & C after every meal and throw in a morning and night time dose of some over the counter sinus/allergy meds too. if it's starts really kicking I'll do a sinus rinse. blech. good luck brosef.

I don't know what this means.

Tilty, my man, stay up. Stay strong. Stay alive.

if it means what I think it means, it means +20% for the stratego* good luck brosef.

*or his clients as the case may be

• Like 1

lol yeah, +20% for me. I would never recommend a company like that for clients, because they are exposed to stuff like what happened to Knight Capital. I don't personally care about the risk of BATS going to zero, I just think they are ahead of the game in the ETF world--investing in what is pretty obviously only going to continue to grow. I am torn on what I will do if the deal happens, and a little sad that BATS will just get rolled up into a less innovative company.

I did put a few clients in another KC company, Cerner (CERN), back in March, and they're beating the benchmark by like 8-10%.

• Like 1

Keep the spirits up tilt. Maybe when the smoke clears, you'll get loads of catch up bjs

hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. and no good thing ever dies.

my brother turns 21 on sunday. seems like only yesterday i was driving him to football practice as a 6th grader, it really does. they grow up so fast.

lol yeah, +20% for me. I would never recommend a company like that for clients, because they are exposed to stuff like what happened to Knight Capital. I don't personally care about the risk of BATS going to zero, I just think they are ahead of the game in the ETF world--investing in what is pretty obviously only going to continue to grow. I am torn on what I will do if the deal happens, and a little sad that BATS will just get rolled up into a less innovative company.

I did put a few clients in another KC company, Cerner (CERN), back in March, and they're beating the benchmark by like 8-10%.

That's pretty good foresight by you. Well done, Strat.

It's such bulls**t that your company fired you for being sick. There has got to be something we can do. Maybe Scram can get this to the front page of reddit.

I'm not really following you here. He works for s small company in sales, exactly how was he going to remain employed? It sucks, but is the company supposed give him someone else's commissions?

• Like 1

I think brv is thinking tilt should have had some kind of LTDI coverage.

Ah, so there is an interesting story:

When still about half way through my hospital stay, when it became evident I wouldn't be working again anytime soon, my wife started finding and applying for disability and so forth. Part of this was working with the HR company my company used to see what benefits I had through them. My wife was prepared and had my employee handbook and my benefit package I filled out when hiring on. One of the things in there was the for where you choose extra long term disability, which I had checked.

My wife pointed this out to them and they insisted I did not have LTDI. So my wife faxed them a copy oft the confirmation of the fax which showed where I had checked the box electing LTD. They kept insisting I did not have it,, because they don't offer it, plus I'd never paid for it. I never noticed there was not a .78 or whatever it was, deduction coming out of my checks.

Hank, I haven't seen blondie gush over you and tag you of late. All good in loverland?

Did you request a threesome and it went badly?

Yeah. She brought the kids up here for the first time this weekend. Went to the henry doorly. standing there, looking at majestic creatures from far away lands and they absolutely lose their minds when they see a ****ing squirrel. 78 bucks well spent.

• Like 1