I Called In Sick Today

i got a lot shed jokes saved up though. but i'll do my best.

life is pretty boring these days. nothing exciting happening. no prospects. i am gonna watch this stanford washington game tonight. which is exciting.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

College football is ridiculous.

CFB is definitely my least favorite major sport. A lot of that has to do with the fact that the Cyclones enjoy ripping my heart out every season since Seneca Wallace left.

Yes, those major sports that don't pay players. Those certainly are major, and not amateur, at all.

Westworld was damn good.

Atlanta, on FX, is the best show on TV right now.

Better Things, also on FX, Pamela Adlon's show, is also pretty good, but mostly just Louis from a female POV, with less absurdity, and a lot more menstruating.

Yes, those major sports that don't pay players. Those certainly are major, and not amateur, at all.

Wait a sec. Are you trying to claim that college football isn't a major sport? I would like to see the number of viewers and tickets sold for CFB vs. NHL vs MLB vs Soccer etc. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was top 4 of all sports in the US.

Also major =/= professional

• Like 1

That is indeed my claim, since by almost every definition, major is followed by "professional."

Texas high school football probably outsells the majority of soccer teams in this country. That doesn't make it a major sport.

Just because you southern and midwestern folks flock to watch unpaid young black kids beat each other up for your amusement doesn't make it a major sport, to me. I never liked or cared for college sports because I grew up in a place with a major (ie: professional) sports team in every possible league, but the absurdity of the system and the complete exploitation of the athletes that has come to light over the last decade has made me loathe them.

jesus, not one of these guys.

It's why this country is going to shit.

• Like 1

It's why this country is going to shit.

that and the lack of available iPhone 7 pluses. i'm looking everywhere for this goddamn phone and you can't find it. i have to wait a month? FVCK THAT NOISE BRO.

• Like 1

9.7% YTD in our biggest model's 60/40. it's a smart beta model that has a big allocation to min vol, so life has been good, but probably won't be that good going forward as rates inch up.

Well **** me in the goat ass. Is that after fees?

I don't even understand how you would get to that.

Well **** me in the goat ass. Is that after fees?

I don't even understand how you would get to that.

Defensive sectors have killed it, and that model deliberately overweights min vol. Our junk bond product, which is higher credit quality than JNK/HYG, is up 20%+ YTD--it's been crazy. Average fee is like 1.5%, if I had to guess.

I can't believe it either, honestly. 40% bond portfolio. Wtf.

• Like 1

I think him and the misses were trying to decide between swiss rolls and pop tarts but alcohol definitely made the list.

I like Better Things. Did not watch Atlanta yet but it looks like there are some black people.

Not a great sales job. I KID.

Only new shows I really watch these days are on HBO. I'm a captive audience to hbo.