I Called In Sick Today

The chili was awesome, btw. Sources tell me my roommates girlfriend is making us chili tomorrow so I'm pretty excited about that.

The only thing about building a smaller nice table like suggested is the cross bar in the middle isn't conducive to having a footrest. But I have plans for a desk. OH DO I HAVE PLANS.

been drinking at the bar by myself after a friend bailed last minute. Staying for at least another 36 minutes till it's my birthday. I'm officially drunk. I gave blood this morning BECAUSE IM A HERO and I'm not getting an extra buzz like I had hoped. Probably because I'm a SUPER HERO who gives double red and so they pump the plasma back into me.

• Like 5
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I met with new boss today, I have two new bosses transitioning in, one gay one straight. The gay one came up to me and specifically told me he liked what I was wearing. Blue patterned wrap dress, yellow heels, and orange scarf/wrap. I was killing it.

I bought Bridget Everett tickets for December. I invited a girlfriend, she's LA rocker and has her eyebrows tattooed on her face. She said Bridget Everett made her uncomfortable, with her casual nudity and graphic sex talk. Duh, I saw her at a small club and now she'll be at a larger one. Still hope she's rude as hell and nekkid.

I googled. I have no issue with graphic sex talk, but I could pass on the nekkid.

I'm so LA I don't notice brown people.

Two true stories: last Christmas I was in small Midwest city and met up with old high school friend. "Beth" has always been conservative, and as we've gotten older has sent me the chain messages to prove her looniness. She's lived for years outside of Chicago. "So, Frau, tell me about California."

"Well, I love it. I don't know how long I can stay there. I feel poor all the time, but I'd need to move to a city of 1 million+ to do my type of work."

"Oh, okay. What do you think of the illegal immigrant problem?"

She asked me in a restaurant, and I'm in eyeshot of the not-open kitchen. I know how corn silk is handled--dafuq do you mean "illiegal problem"? I don't think of it as a problem, more of 20% of the workforce is a member of the "fume economy." If it needs tending to and there's a smell attached, odds are it's being accomplished with illegal labor.

Second story, and I don't think there's any tie-in. I ended up eating at a very late, very fancy dinner party. I was working and a guest didn't stay for dinner, and I was placed at the empty place setting. The other people at the table are all 60+ Jewish or married to Jewish, and wealthy LA west siders. We made small talk--as the employee you feel kind of like a host. You have to keep the conversation moving, keep everyone entertained and feeling engaged. Guess what came up? The OJ Simpson trial. All the people at the table more or less lived near the murders, and a couple of them knew some one who knew some one who said OJ confessed to xe during the trial. It was the oddest sensation, being in a very opulent setting, looking at these people who hit every stereotype you think they would, and they're still talking about OJ. Kind of felt Woody Allen-ish.

• Like 3

Liked for "xe"

Some girl complimented me on my "yeezy 2020" sweatshirt (blue jeans, red dunks, black faced watch, HELLA GOOD HAIR) I'm wearing but not before I complimented her on her local underground brand you wouldn't know hoodie.

Shit is starting to get real at this bar. People are yelling. Music just got louder. PANDEMONIUM.

• Like 1

Liked for "xe"

Some girl complimented me on my "yeezy 2020" sweatshirt (blue jeans, red dunks, black faced watch, HELLA GOOD HAIR) I'm wearing but not before I complimented her on her local underground brand you wouldn't know hoodie.

Shit is starting to get real at this bar. People are yelling. Music just got louder. PANDEMONIUM.

I got a pair of red and white Jordan 1's, but haven't worn them yet. I'm not sue I ever will.

Work night was kind of annoying until I had KK > AK aipf for a $5.2k pot to turn it around. Decently optimistic about having a good month.

Frau was killing it last night, well done. And, my wife too suggested yoga. Probably not.

Happy Birthday Napster!

• Like 2

Work night was kind of annoying until I had KK > AK aipf for a $5.2k pot to turn it around. Decently optimistic about having a good month.

That seems like a bad cash game strategy, getting all that money in preflop on AK

Congrats on the score

Thank y'all. I'm hoping for a good year but it shouldn't be too hard to top last year. Top 3 worst year for me.

So so a bunch of weird people started talking to me at the bar at various times last night and I was tired and my bartender friend and she said something like I don't know what draws people to you it's your not lonely do just like drinking alone. And I was like oh my god yes that is true I'm not lonely I just like drinking alone and some super cute chick across the bar heard me say it and she's like "omg that's so true" and she came over and sat next to me and we had just started going over the merits of drinking alone when a waitress at the bar came over and started talking to her and then she left and that was that. My friend tells me this girl occasionally works at the bar but I've never seen her. Dang was she good looking.

• Like 1

Did you point out the irony of saying you like drinking alone, and then her coming over and sitting down next to you to talk about her love of drinking alone?

• Like 2

I didn't used to mind pets on the bed, but once you hit a certain threshold, it sucks. I've gone to a network of maxed out dog beds, and it's a better system. The only drawback is that animals watching me bang was a turn on.

• Like 2

Did you point out the irony of saying you like drinking alone, and then her coming over and sitting down next to you to talk about her love of drinking alone?

The thought did cross my mind but then....boobs.