I Called In Sick Today

besides that, though. fun costs money. fun is for people who have their shit together and make actual money. I'm a breakdown from being deep in debt again, like I said earlier.

the last time you made what I do, you were probably in your 20s, right? my AVP, the way things have gone for entry level people at my company, he DEFINITELY started at a higher base in my same position, back in the 90s. he was salaried, though.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Sometimes when I read something on a site like this, where pretty much everything is flavored by years of backstory and relationships with weirdos, I will laugh out loud. Often a civilian who is for the most part a very nice and normal person will ask me what I find so funny, and it's up to be to explain that I'm laughing because, say, 5 years ago someone thought that someone else was someone he wasn't, and thus there is a picture of world famous stuntman Scott Roland on display.

This reminds me a bit of that.

• Like 2

Let's all share our debt and see who's the worst!

12k student loans

1500 personal loan

13k on truck

75k on house

3500 various credit card debt

0 in savings

Very little accrued in pension/deferred comp

I definitely have more debt than you.

Savings isn't very good, but retirement fund is decent. Not enough to offset how much more debt I carry though.

I have less than 15 saved, and a lot is tied up in retirement stuff I can't touch. I'm really not doing so hot.

grand? you are the 1%

Let's all share our debt and see who's the worst!

12k student loans

1500 personal loan

13k on truck

75k on house

3500 various credit card debt

0 in savings

Very little accrued in pension/deferred comp

Yeah, this chain illustrates my point pretty well. Thanks to all of you.

I assumed Strat was crying wolf.

You worked in banking, you know that most people have nothing. If you have 3 months of bill paying money you're doing exceptionally well. I can appreciate your high standards, but if you aren't waiting to get paid on payday, you're doing ok

oh yeah, BTW, I do remember how ****ed everyone I saw at the bank was. saw a pretty awesome situation in some regulars: two brothers, same amounts of inheritance from some dead relative. one drove a shitty car and never spent more than his direct deposit from his job. the other had nice cars for himself and his pregnant, trashy, fat girlfriend. the former had a 300k balance, the latter 60k.

both ABSOLUTE morons, mind you. the accounts in question were not interest bearing. the guy with 300k was lighting like $10 on fire per day just keeping it there.

The thing that sucks is that Jamie Pollard has been really good for our school. Donations and season ticket sales are at like an all time high. Plus he brought in two "home town" guys to be our marquee sport coaches.