I Called In Sick Today

man, I can't get over that shit from earlier. maybe she didn't mean it that way--I have trouble believing she is THAT stupid. but hey, maybe. I have been a prolific character-misjudging ************ in the past.

just thinking about it, I'm pretty sure my only move is to shut it down and stop talking to her completely. I cannot directly say, "so, you wish you had known I was out the door before you picked that excuse, eh?"

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

girl asks me if our group has any spots open that I could apply to. hahaha.

man, I can't get over that shit from earlier. maybe she didn't mean it that way--I have trouble believing she is THAT stupid. but hey, maybe. I have been a prolific character-misjudging ************ in the past.

just thinking about it, I'm pretty sure my only move is to shut it down and stop talking to her completely. I cannot directly say, "so, you wish you had known I was out the door before you picked that excuse, eh?"

Or, and I hate being the voice of reason and positivity here, because brv knows I love piling on, maybe it dawned on her that you want out of your group and she enjoys your convo and figures "why not have someone I enjoy in my group" and made that comment

• Like 1

Or, and I hate being the voice of reason and positivity here, because brv knows I love piling on, maybe it dawned on her that you want out of your group and she enjoys your convo and figures "why not have someone I enjoy in my group" and made that comment

I'm not going to look it up, but aren't you the same guy who suggested just the opposite a few pages ago?

I'm with (current) strat - the quick cancellation of the coffee date once she found out stratty might want more seemed pretty absurd. ITS COFFEE.

I thought strat cancelled the coffee after she friend zoned him due to the work situation?

I agree with Ron. I think strat is overreacting and over analyzing here. You have to keep in mind that words/texts on a screen usually don't come across how it's meant if you had the benefit of voice inflection, a chuckle etc... during the delivery.

I think optimism is counterproductive if it isn't realistic. a positive outlook can make a difference, sure, but being deluded isn't doing me any favors. the girl is a waste of time.

the positive to this--and I get how ridiculous this sounds after what I just said--is that I can demand a raise from my group when we have this meeting. I'll just ask to be moved to a new group away from the girl, and hopefully get a 30-40% raise.

Week 11 Power Rankings, 9/17/13 - 9/23/13

1. brvheart (+5) - Met with Randy; and Napa

2. TommyGavin81 (+13) - Girl is interested in anal; finally (FINALLY!) had sex again after week long hiatus

3. David_Sklansky (+10) - "Carrot;" huge betting success

4. The Ocho (-2) - Business trip, chocolate covered potato chips; watched girls kiss; didn't know about beedogs.

5. Roll the Bones (+9) - Met with Brv

6. Ron_Mexico (-1) - Got cute bartender's number

7. Napa Don (-6) - Had a date, she cried; hung out with Brv

8. Essay21 (-1) - Went out, mixed results; free lunch

9. InternetExplorer (-6) - Asked girl out for drinks, she had prior engagement; wing workers and wing bosses; coffee; beedogs!; coffee cancelled; high on himself

10. iphonenkinder (--) - Potato chips for dinner; 5k; saw Judd Apatow and Leslie Mann

11. Cha! Cha! (+5) - Contributed to the ongoing existence of the thread

12. JubilantLankyLad (--) - Funny guy

13. Tiltinagain (-2) - Contributed

14. CaneBrain (+4) - Bachelor party was fine

15. ShakeZuma (-9) - Drinking and drugs; something about a girl

16. Theraflu (-8) - Babysat the drunk at a wedding

17. Sickinfo2 (-13) - Vegas insider tips; leaving???

18. hank213 (-1) - Is getting super lame

19. speedz99 (--) -

20. runthemover (--) -

21. Quacktastic (--) -

22. NickCave (--) -

23. funyet (--) -

24. Dawson Leery (--) -

Week 11 Big Riser - TommyGavin81 (+13)

Week 11 Big Dropper - Sickinfo2 (-13)

I can die happy now.

I think JLL deserves to be in the playoffs, let alone ahead of me. He delivers constantly hilarious lines. I can't get enough. I'm always surprised by how low he's been.

Oh, I almost forgot. Frau, today I saw a Mexican midget who was paralyzed from the waist down, and in a wheelchair. That's got to be worth some bonus midget points.

Also: can you imagine that shit!? I would kill myself so quickly.

• Like 1

My ego has gotten so out of control that I literally just page search the thread for my name(s), and if they aren't there I browse over to another forum.

Sometimes I catch stuff, usually I don't. So when I read summaries of the goings on here, I am generally not familiar with any of it.

♪♫ You're gonna miss me when I'm gone ♫♪

pZyw82a.gif

I hope you actually saw the show, because she cleaned his clock. You can see that she is finishing her entire row and Jimmy is still on the first one?

Well immediately after that dance, she went to his side and one by one finished them up. It was pretty awesome.

ps. I DVR Fallon, because he's awesome.

Are we still on the Internet? Then the correct answer is: ask your mother.

I can't believe more people didn't 'like' this post. It was amazing.

My ego has gotten so out of control that I literally just page search the thread for my name(s), and if they aren't there I browse over to another forum.

Sometimes I catch stuff, usually I don't. So when I read summaries of the goings on here, I am generally not familiar with any of it.

I don't even know who this is, but I'm guessing Strat or Dutch.

she canceled on me.

Well, that's ironic, now isn't it?

I can die happy now.

I think JLL deserves to be in the playoffs, let alone ahead of me. He delivers constantly hilarious lines. I can't get enough. I'm always surprised by how low he's been.

You are forgetting the sole judge/jury situation. And that said judge/jury takes horrible notes. And, apparently, has no sense of humor.

However, I am jealous that he has enough free time at work to do it.

I mean yes technically you could say I canceled on her, if you think pretending that it was hunky dory, that we'd just pretend I wasn't obviously pursuing her. I had to own it and cancel. I don't think that was wrong.

Some of your best stuff is when you're just talking to yourself.

That's ok. We don't pay attention to your stuff either.

Dick

Speaking of...do I get a hotel room? Literally no reason to other than a closer place to bang after the wedding, which, I feel like I might be a dog to do if we're being honest.

Please reread my scenarios, all dependent on hotel room.

• Like 1

girl asks me if our group has any spots open that I could apply to. hahaha.

I don't think I understand what's happening here.

You have to keep in mind that words/texts on a screen usually don't come across how it's meant if you had the benefit of voice inflection, a chuckle etc... during the delivery.

Snd7A3R.gif

• Like 1