I Called In Sick Today

I think speedz borrowed someone else's camera.
I'm in vet school...do you all really think I could bring home some kittens without all my friends immediately deciding to study at my apartment that night?
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Terrible week for pets in the sick thread...Im terribly soft hearted when it comes to pets...well all animals in general these days. I even feed a couple stray cats that hang out around the shop. Of course I have to wait until everyone leaves and sneak out a portion to save my reputation as a cold blooded feline haterToday is going to be one of those days that everyone is gone and Ill be goofing around by myself...well, just me and the dog. She is better company than mostAnd yes, I talk to the dog. Her vocabulary has grown to the point that I have to watch what I say to prevent extreme barking and happy dances, though...I cant say go, walk, ride, fly, eat, nap, or patrol, for sure unless Im prepared to engage in those activitiesYep...just a step or two away from being the crazy dog guy of the troopCondolences to Rand and Deb and best wishes to those under the weather...

Im terribly soft hearted when it comes to pets...well all animals in general these days. I even feed a couple stray cats that hang out around the shop. Of course I have to wait until everyone leaves and sneak out a portion to save my reputation as a cold blooded feline hater
Come on, beans. Be proud of the fact that you like (er, don't hate) cats. Of course you should want them around the shop to destroy any varmints that dare try and take up residence on your property. Shop/barn cats are little badasses.
Sorry about the pets, not looking forward to that with my dog.Trying to decide if I take another weekend off of studying for the CPA to go the game in Kansas City or not. Really shouldn't, but I've had friends calling me all week and I could use a bally ho. Hmm...
Ask Cane if he thinks you should study.
We got the dog at the pound, so all we know is it is mostly German Shorthair Pointer. Had to come back to work at 2:30 this morning to finish some stuff for an 8am meeting. I'm expecting a call or text from the wife with the news mid-meeting.2006-03-08_5.jpg
Good luck. Let us know what the vet says...

Thanks all. This morning Deb and I were on the deck having coffee and I was telling her what you guys said. She smiled when I told her about the cats chasing mice in heaven with mojo's cat. Whe was comfortedby Speedz telling about the vets taking care of her. She really smiled when I showed her the kitten pics. Hope the dog is okay :sad face:

Those seem like the sort of thing where it's a funny idea, but I can't imagine actually going to it.I didn't watch the videos though, so maybe it'll just be a big party or something.

Those seem like the sort of thing where it's a funny idea, but I can't imagine actually going to it.I didn't watch the videos though, so maybe it'll just be a big party or something.
I am pretty sure it is going to be a big party. From little things I have heard there will be many special guests so I expect good music, probably some comedy, etc.

Are you still getting those calls from Bank of America?Just read this and it reminded me of that:An Appeal to Reason Sorry there's no one here by that name.No, this still isn't Charles.When I said that nobody here was named Charles, I meant to imply that you had called the wrong number. I realize that's difficult to get your mind around. You dialed those numbers and pressed send fully expecting you'd be having a conversation with Charles right now. When I answered, it was like jumping into a bracing pool of not Charles. If I were Charles, would I lie and tell you that I wasn't Charles? That doesn't sound like Charles. I can confidently say that because that's not a lie that anyone has ever told to anyone under any circumstances. Is Charles some sort of crazy person? Because if he's not, Charles would screen your call, or say he's in the middle of something. He would not answer the phone and tell you that you have the wrong number. No, I am not Charles playing a joke on you. To be totally honest, that's not a joke anyone has ever played on anyone in the history of phones. See, us rational folk assume other people are rational as well. Charles would never jokingly tell you that you have the wrong number because he'd assume you'd do the rational thing, apologize and hang up. Then he'd have to call you back and tell you that you didn't have the wrong number, and that he was joking. You'd probably say something like, "Well, why'd you say I had the wrong number?" and then there would be an awkward pause because Charles wouldn't have a response because that's not how jokes work.It's becoming clear to me that there is nothing more I can say to you. I could try to convince you that Charles is a figment of your imagination. That you've lost your mind and have called me every day for the past six months at this exact time asking for Charles. But you'd probably tell me that's just the sort of thing Charles would say.So I will just hang up, and promise that if you call back, the guy who answers the phone still won't be Charles. He will however be furiously, audibly masturbating.

Lets all give BofA a break here. Its a fine company that does a great service for many people in need. They've certainly provided for me for many years now. I respect their efforts. So lets pass on the goodwill and buy some of that stock!

Are you still getting those calls from Bank of America?Just read this and it reminded me of that:An Appeal to Reason Sorry there's no one here by that name.No, this still isn't Charles.When I said that nobody here was named Charles, I meant to imply that you had called the wrong number. I realize that's difficult to get your mind around. You dialed those numbers and pressed send fully expecting you'd be having a conversation with Charles right now. When I answered, it was like jumping into a bracing pool of not Charles. If I were Charles, would I lie and tell you that I wasn't Charles? That doesn't sound like Charles. I can confidently say that because that's not a lie that anyone has ever told to anyone under any circumstances. Is Charles some sort of crazy person? Because if he's not, Charles would screen your call, or say he's in the middle of something. He would not answer the phone and tell you that you have the wrong number. No, I am not Charles playing a joke on you. To be totally honest, that's not a joke anyone has ever played on anyone in the history of phones. See, us rational folk assume other people are rational as well. Charles would never jokingly tell you that you have the wrong number because he'd assume you'd do the rational thing, apologize and hang up. Then he'd have to call you back and tell you that you didn't have the wrong number, and that he was joking. You'd probably say something like, "Well, why'd you say I had the wrong number?" and then there would be an awkward pause because Charles wouldn't have a response because that's not how jokes work.It's becoming clear to me that there is nothing more I can say to you. I could try to convince you that Charles is a figment of your imagination. That you've lost your mind and have called me every day for the past six months at this exact time asking for Charles. But you'd probably tell me that's just the sort of thing Charles would say.So I will just hang up, and promise that if you call back, the guy who answers the phone still won't be Charles. He will however be furiously, audibly masturbating.
lolYeah, they still call but only like twice a week.
Lets all give BofA a break here. Its a fine company that does a great service for many people in need. They've certainly provided for me for many years now. I respect their efforts. So lets pass on the goodwill and buy some of that stock!
BoA can suck ass, but I do own some stock.
Come on, beans. Be proud of the fact that you like (er, don't hate) cats. Of course you should want them around the shop to destroy any varmints that dare try and take up residence on your property. Shop/barn cats are little badasses.
I like the fact that they get rid of the field mice that sometimes visit the premises, but I hate the fact that they eat my little bluebirds that build in my specially built custom houses throughout the compound...Thats really my only beef with catsDisclaimer...I have never killed a cat
Ask Cane if he thinks you should study.
Heh.
I like the fact that they get rid of the field mice that sometimes visit the premises, but I hate the fact that they eat my little bluebirds that build in my specially built custom houses throughout the compound...
Aww...beans rikey his brubirds!I have no idea why I just responded that way.
Disclaimer...I have never killed a cat
That's a funny disclaimer to have to make. Disclaimer: I cannot make that same disclaimer.

With all this cat talk we need at least a little bit of balance for the dog lovers.Ace.jpg