Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Dammit strat, why are you always defending her whenever I say anything? Ten other people also said her comment was crap, but you choose me. She has me on ignore! She won't even see my comment! Why bother, my brother? I don't hate you. I don't even dislike you a little bit, but dammit if you don't act like you hate me. Let's be friends from here on out, ok? Plus, she's like the last person on Earth that needs a defender.
I know you're kidding, but I think he chose you because you made a snide (I love that word) remark about her as a person, as opposed to explaining why she was wrong, like the rest of us.

I don't blame that Uruguay guy for a second. That's the only move there.But I am still rooting for the Netherlands next round now.

Once the US was out, I decided to go with the poorest nation. I was rooting for Ghana, now I'm not sure...I'll have to do some research.
Netherlands is widely considered the best team to have never won a World Cup; they have super amazing pot/pot laws; they make amazing pancakes; the people are nice; they beat Brazil; Uruguay deserves to get knocked out now (sort of)Plus, not every team could pull off jerseys that are "highlighter orange"
I don't blame that Uruguay guy for a second. That's the only move there.But I am still rooting for the Netherlands next round now.
I am also cheering for the Dutch, but I doubt our motivations are the same. It's not a Duke-sized root, but after adding on last night at 5AM, it was almost large enough to inspire a 930AM alarm so I could watch the game. Almost.Go Oranje.
I am also cheering for the Dutch, but I doubt our motivations are the same. It's not a Duke-sized root, but after adding on last night at 5AM, it was almost large enough to inspire a 930AM alarm so I could watch the game. Almost.Go Oranje.
Actually I have 100 bucks on them to win the World Cup. I also usually root for the Dutch after the USA. I like a bunch of their players and I like the culture. I am sure you have a little more riding on them than me though.I should have said before that I was rooting for Total Football anyway but I really want them to win now even more. Hate to see a team on the home continent get knocked out like that.
Actually I have 100 bucks on them to win the World Cup. I also usually root for the Dutch after the USA. I like a bunch of their players and I like the culture. I am sure you have a little more riding on them than me though.
What price did you get them at?
Can someone who pays attention to stuff give a quick summary of the whole Russian spy thing? Like, what they were trying to do...
"Their mission, according to the FBI, was contained in an encrypted 2009 message from Russian handlers in Moscow to one of the defendants that read in part: "You were sent to USA for long-term service trip. Your education, bank accounts, car, house etc.—all these serve as one goal: fulfill your main mission, i.e. to search and develop ties in policy-making circles in U.S. and send Intels [intelligence reports] to" Moscow"Basically regular spy shit.
Netherlands is widely considered the best team to have never won a World Cup; they have super amazing pot/pot laws; they make amazing pancakes; the people are nice; they beat Brazil; Uruguay deserves to get knocked out now (sort of)Plus, not every team could pull off jerseys that are "highlighter orange"
Sold.
"Their mission, according to the FBI, was contained in an encrypted 2009 message from Russian handlers in Moscow to one of the defendants that read in part: "You were sent to USA for long-term service trip. Your education, bank accounts, car, house etc.—all these serve as one goal: fulfill your main mission, i.e. to search and develop ties in policy-making circles in U.S. and send Intels [intelligence reports] to" Moscow"Basically regular spy shit.
Thank you.Mary Poppins.

I think that tracking the whole coin flip thing has made me a good amount of money since we talked about it. I'm going to keep exploiting it until the numbers come around. I'm still running at a 8.5-1 that overcards win. If and when it hits 5-1 I'll reconsider, but it's been pretty stable.I know, I'm probably an idiot.

What price did you get them at?
It's just a bet with two co-workers. If Netherlands wins, I get 100 bucks from both of them. If Argentina wins, one gets 80 bucks from both of us. Third guy had Brazil at 70 bucks, so he is....the opposite of freerolling. Freefalling? We need a term there I leave it up to you. No sports betting for real here in Florida and I can't deposit on pinnacle anymore for some reason. So yeah I am reduced to bets with co-workers that are more for fun than anything.There are a bunch of us who all sit in the same room working on the same project all day at work so we usually turn one computer to espn 3 for all the games. Despite working an average of 62.5 hours the last couple weeks, I am enjoying my job.
I know you're kidding, but I think he chose you because you made a snide (I love that word) remark about her as a person, as opposed to explaining why she was wrong, like the rest of us.
you tried to save me some typing, and that is commendable, but I'm still going to waste the keystrokesfor sure, that's why I defended her. I don't know the first thing about soccer, sure sounds like the practice of pulling a guy down and taking a 2 minute penalty vs. letting him have a breakaway. in hockey, that is.
It's just a bet with two co-workers. If Netherlands wins, I get 100 bucks from both of them. If Argentina wins, one gets 80 bucks from both of us. Third guy had Brazil at 70 bucks, so he is....the opposite of freerolling. Freefalling? We need a term there I leave it up to you. No sports betting for real here in Florida and I can't deposit on pinnacle anymore for some reason. So yeah I am reduced to bets with co-workers that are more for fun than anything.There are a bunch of us who all sit in the same room working on the same project all day at work so we usually turn one computer to espn 3 for all the games. Despite working an average of 62.5 hours the last couple weeks, I am enjoying my job.
I... cannot believe I haven't thought very much about this. I mean, apart from "being freerolled," I've used the word "deadrolling" before, but that's not any good. We need a good one. People, start thinking.

I don't rent DVDs often, so forgive my ignorance, but is it now standard operating procedure to make about 15 minutes worth of previews completely mandatory due to the blocking of FF and Menu features?

I don't rent DVDs often, so forgive my ignorance, but is it now standard operating procedure to make about 15 minutes worth of previews completely mandatory due to the blocking of FF and Menu features?
GxzeV.jpg
Really smart play though.For poppy: That's a heady play.
You know what kind of guys make plays like that? Glue guys.The end of this game led to a discussion between me and a buddy...At what point in a single-elimination World Cup game is this not the correct play. I said at any point in a one-goal game, I don't care if it's 0-0 in the first minute. The value of one goal is greater than being assessed a red card and a PK, even though they're going to score on the PK 80-90% of the time, or whatever it is.
You know what kind of guys make plays like that? Glue guys.The end of this game led to a discussion between me and a buddy...At what point in a single-elimination World Cup game is this not the correct play. I said at any point in a one-goal game, I don't care if it's 0-0 in the first minute. The value of one goal is greater than being assessed a red card and a PK, even though they're going to score on the PK 80-90% of the time, or whatever it is.
I can't agree. Playing shorthanded is tough, and most teams aren't offensive minded to being with, so trying to score the tying goal 10-20% of the time is a lot harder than if you're at full strength. Late in in the match, or extra time, its a play you probably have to make, although I don't know how much conscious thinking and decision making is going on there. It's really a crazy, crazy situation.After years of playing soccer, your natural reaction isn't going to be to get the ball with your hands, but in that moment where the only thing that matters is making sure the ball DOESN'T go in, it's a hell of a reflex, and it put Uruguay into a rare position. Still a hell of a game. I can't believe how calmly Gyan buried the first PK after that. It's both a testament to his ability as a professional, and a nod to how absurd it is that he couldn't have done that ten minutes before. Just a crazy finish all around.

I was just watching a Dave Attel stand up on Comedy Central from a couple years ago. I forgot how funny this guy is.He used a line that I am stealing. He referred to a BJ as making throat babies.

I forgot this one:"Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins.""Homer Simpson, smiling politely."
This has always been one of my favorite Simpsons moments:Ned: Homer, I've got a fozzie of a bear of a problem. Y' know, Maude and her mother were visiting Tyre and Sidon, the twin cities of the Holy Land. They must've kneeled in the wrong place and prayed to the wrong God because, well, they're being held prisoner by militants of some sort.Homer: Militants, huh? Well, if I were you, I'd kick their asses.Ned: Well, and hoodily-doodle, the embassy says it's just a routine hostage-taking, but I have to drive to Capital City, fill out some forms to get 'em out. Could you possibly watch the kids tonight.Homer: Uh, gee, I'd really love to want to help you Flanders, but...uh...Marge was taken prisoner in the...uh...Holy Land...and...Lisa: I'll do it! I'll baby sit!Flanders: Well, I don't know Lisa. You're awfully young, and the boys can be a handful. Todd's been pinching everyone lately.Lisa: But I'm smart and responsible, and my parents will be right next door.Flanders: Well, what do you say Homer? Can Lisa baby sit for my kids?Lisa: Please! Please! Please!Homer: Eh, I'll have to ask her... (Slams door)
Homer: Uh, gee, I'd really love to want to help you Flanders, but...uh...Marge was taken prisoner in the...uh...Holy Land...and...
Even reading this made me laugh out loud. Is there any question that the Simpsons is one of the best TV shows of all time, no matter how bad it has gotten in recent years? I think not.
Is there any question that the Simpsons is one of the best TV shows of all time, no matter how bad it has gotten in recent years? I think not.
I guess it has to be in the discussion, but at this point there have been more bad years than good years, which is pretty sad.
Awesome.My opinion is worth exactly 0, but anyone who bases their entire persona, life and lifestyle on being thought of as cool should not count. Jay-Z is just not cool.Also, Bob Saget.
I'll never get all the hate towards mdg. I think he is right on about Jayz but in all fairness I don't know much about him other than he seems like a dick.
I forgot this one:"Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins.""Homer Simpson, smiling politely."
Billy Corgan just did an awesome speech introducing Rush when they got their Hollywood Star last week. He is also in the Rush Documentary talking about them as well. The Rush Doc has been showing on VH1 and Palladia and I would encourage everyone to watch it even if you aren't a fan.