what do you play? and why?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I tried, but now you continue to be a douchebag..
You have to admit though...I am learning from the best :wink:
why are you winking at me?I already have a boyfriend
So you just openly admitted your not a straight male?Because your not a female according to your blog!Royal_Tour Gender: male Location: Canada :oops:
So you just openly admitted your not a straight male?Because your not a female according to your blog!Royal_Tour Gender: male Location: Canada :oops:
I believe the correct terminology would be a JOKE.
So now you are the one handling all of his replies? Are you kinda like his secretary?
So now you are the one handling all of his replies? Are you kinda like his secretary?
Not only his secretary but his GAY secretary.

Which forums are more fun:1. Where the newbs come in asking idiotic questions that have been covered eleventy billion times?2. Where the vets flames the newbs for asking questions that have been covered elevnty billion times?3. Where Royal and Ron Mexico share their overly descriptive sex lives?sw

You're is a contraction of "you are": "You're doing fine.not your.Since when have i ever not been open? I'm always open for whatever...... wide open
You're is a contraction of "you are": "You're doing fine.not your.Since when have i ever not been open? I'm always open for whatever...... wide open
Well haven't I learned alot today.First: Royal only speaks and types proper english. Whew, now i can rest easy!Second: So unless your post count reads 52648 no matter what the topic is at hand all you degenerates will flame it.Thanks for clearing all this up
And to the OP what about yourself?
I play No limit here in Vegas usually a 2/5 game at bellagio, MGM or Mandaly bay.One main reason these games are so good is because in these types of games with the relatively small buy-ins people don't know how to control themselves.You can not really "bluff" in these games. Example.All the tourists come into town to play. Yippee says all us locals :)They watch too much WSOP or WPT and think they can bluff there way too a big pay day. Little do they know that most locals that play and obviously the experience tourists will play premium hands and you cant bluff them off a pot.I see it everyday (I play everyday).Why do I play No-Limit. Well when I play limit you'll get sucked out on so many pots because you'll get the drunk guy chasing down his flush or straight draw and hit it. (obviously this happens in no limit)But in no-limit you can get people off these hands so much easier if you are ahead in the hand before they make there flush or straight with a nice raise. Yes sometimes they will call you and hit but most of the time they wont.This is one reason I prefer no limit games.Who else has differnt views?
I don't mean to change the topic but... OP's an idiot. You get sucked out on because you misdefend your hands, how about you learn to play limit then discuss its nuances. It's idiots like you that make limit profitable for the rest of us... Normally I'd let you wallow in your own idiocy but your BS self-righteous demeanor really pissed me off. Furthermore learn the difference between to and too...Why do I play No-Limit. Well when I play limit you'll get sucked out on so many pots because you'll get the drunk guy chasing down his flush or straight draw and hit it.according to your use of the english language apparently you're the drunk guy who sucks out...but seriously, first learn english, then 4th grade math, then what expected values are, and then maybe learn how to play limit holdem.have a nice day, and I hope to have you donate to my bankroll soon
I play No limit here in Vegas usually a 2/5 game at bellagio, MGM or Mandaly bay.One main reason these games are so good is because in these types of games with the relatively small buy-ins people don't know how to control themselves.You can not really "bluff" in these games. Example.All the tourists come into town to play. Yippee says all us locals :)They watch too much WSOP or WPT and think they can bluff there way too a big pay day. Little do they know that most locals that play and obviously the experience tourists will play premium hands and you cant bluff them off a pot.I see it everyday (I play everyday).Why do I play No-Limit. Well when I play limit you'll get sucked out on so many pots because you'll get the drunk guy chasing down his flush or straight draw and hit it. (obviously this happens in no limit)But in no-limit you can get people off these hands so much easier if you are ahead in the hand before they make there flush or straight with a nice raise. Yes sometimes they will call you and hit but most of the time they wont.This is one reason I prefer no limit games.Who else has differnt views?
I don't mean to change the topic but... OP's an idiot. You get sucked out on because you misdefend your hands, how about you learn to play limit then discuss its nuances. It's idiots like you that make limit profitable for the rest of us... Normally I'd let you wallow in your own idiocy but your BS self-righteous demeanor really censored me off. Furthermore learn the difference between to and too...Why do I play No-Limit. Well when I play limit you'll get sucked out on so many pots because you'll get the drunk guy chasing down his flush or straight draw and hit it.according to your use of the english language apparently you're the drunk guy who sucks out...but seriously, first learn english, then 4th grade math, then what expected values are, and then maybe learn how to play limit holdem.have a nice day, and I hope to have you donate to my bankroll soon
Well someone stood on there soap box today.My sincere apologies for my typos, I didn't realize we were all college professors on here.And to clearify again, I said I play no-limit for the reason being...I flop top two pair and also 2 spades hit the flop, If I play limit holdem someone with 2 spades in there hand are going to chase that drwae for a CHEAP price.If I'm playing no-limit and the same situation hits if they're going to chase then it's going to come at a higher price than say a small limit bet.This doesn't seem to make sense to you i guess.And if you think I'll ever donate to your bankroll then PLEASE come on down to vegas and look me up!

I learned poker playing limit holdem like 6 years ago but now play most NLHE. As for Why, it's because every piece of crap wanna be who just saw Rounders and think they are the next moneymaker plays NLHE. Therefore it's easy to win.

I don't mean to change the topic but... OP's an idiot. You get sucked out on because you misdefend your hands, how about you learn to play limit then discuss its nuances. It's idiots like you that make limit profitable for the rest of us... Normally I'd let you wallow in your own idiocy but your BS self-righteous demeanor really censored me off. Furthermore learn the difference between to and too...Why do I play No-Limit. Well when I play limit you'll get sucked out on so many pots because you'll get the drunk guy chasing down his flush or straight draw and hit it.according to your use of the english language apparently you're the drunk guy who sucks out...but seriously, first learn english, then 4th grade math, then what expected values are, and then maybe learn how to play limit holdem.have a nice day, and I hope to have you donate to my bankroll soon
Well someone stood on there soap box today.My sincere apologies for my typos, I didn't realize we were all college professors on here.And to clearify again, I said I play no-limit for the reason being...I flop top two pair and also 2 spades hit the flop, If I play limit holdem someone with 2 spades in there hand are going to chase that drwae for a CHEAP price.If I'm playing no-limit and the same situation hits if they're going to chase then it's going to come at a higher price than say a small limit bet.This doesn't seem to make sense to you i guess.And if you think I'll ever donate to your bankroll then PLEASE come on down to vegas and look me up!
LOL... OMG i cant believe i missed this!!I take back every thing i said, You clearly are an idiot.case closed!.have a good day.and just for good measure:"jkdsagdas hdsgalkks" I just threw a copy of super systems on my keyboard and it made more sense than you did.
LOL... OMG i cant believe i missed this!!I take back every thing i said, You clearly are an idiot.case closed!.have a good day.and just for good measure:"jkdsagdas hdsgalkks" I just threw a copy of super systems on my keyboard and it made more sense than you did.
Well before I go out one last post, because the more I read your replies the more dumbfounded I feel.I gave you a specific example of how you can take somebody off a hand playing no-limit vs limit. And by doing this taking the pot down then and there.You reply "I'm and idiot" with out saying anything else.Until you can clearify your words they honestly mean absolutley nothing.And if for some reason that doesn't make sense to you then well....I have nothing else to say.

Well before I go out one last post, because the more I read your replies the more dumbfounded I feel.I gave you a specific example of how you can take somebody off a hand playing no-limit vs limit. And by doing this taking the pot down then and there.You reply "I'm and idiot" with out saying anything else.Until you can clearify your words they honestly mean absolutley nothing.And if for some reason that doesn't make sense to you then well....I have nothing else to say.Your reasoning is simply because of live games involving beginners and tourists.Did you make this thread with hopes someone would ask you what you play so you could go on about how you win money from tourists in Las Vegas?does this make you feel like Johnny Chan in the scene from rounders? just curious.Will you say for the courts that Nl requires more skill than limit?

Well before I go out one last post, because the more I read your replies the more dumbfounded I feel.I gave you a specific example of how you can take somebody off a hand playing no-limit vs limit. And by doing this taking the pot down then and there.You reply "I'm and idiot" with out saying anything else.
you are too concerned with winning pots, the score in poker is kept in terms of money, not pots.

i play mostly sit n go's. i like the fact that it tends to last about an hour or so (depending how well you're doing, of course).

But in no-limit you can get people off these hands so much easier if you are ahead in the hand before they make there flush or straight with a nice raise. Yes sometimes they will call you and hit but most of the time they wont.  I think this is true, but, you have to find the level that works.  I just played in a $25 NL game, because of this thread.If you came in for a raise, they folded.I did win one nice pot with a set, but the other guy was big stacked and having a conversation in chat.I took ten bucks and fled.I'm going to give NL a shot....
Just a thought man, but u mite want to try a PL SnG or low limit cash table? there's a lot of fish there who will call a pot raise preflop and fold the flop, getting a larger raise out of some drunk guy at a NL table will often result in him all in with middle pair to your overcards. Just a thought if you wanna make a few quick bucks without risking a larger loss. (Of course u can bust out perfectly easily in PL as well as NL, I just feel it offers a bit of a safety net!)

Wow...that's a hell of a list for me.Online:$25 or $50 Buy-in NL or PL Hold'em$25 or $50 Buy-in PL Omaha 8/B$0.50/$1 or $1/$2 Limit Hold'em$0.05/$0.10 Limit Razz$10 NL Hold'em SnGs$10 Limit Omaha 8/B SnGsFreeroll to $5 NL Hold'em MTTsLive:$2/$4, $3/$6, or $4/$8 Limit Hold'em$3/$6 Limit Omaha 8/B$1/$2 NL Hold'em$70 or Less Buy-in NL Hold'em TournamentsI play much lower limits online because I usually multi-table up to 4 tables. I don't have much MTT experience, so I tend to stick to the very low buy-ins to develop my skills. If I can make it to a few final tables, I may start moving up in those. My favorite game is Omaha 8/B, but I play about equal parts Hold'em and O8. I play Razz on occasion when I get bored of HE and O8.I used to play exclusively low Limit Hold'em in casinos, and I was getting killed at it because I hardly ever play Limit online (not exactly killed, but I am definitely down all time on live Limit HE). Last weekend, I decided to take a stab at 1/2 NL HE, and mopped up. I played for 2 hours and tripled my buy-in...I don't think I'll be going back to Limit. I've only played O8 live once, but I plan on playing it exclusively on my trip to Vegas this Thursday...I'm stoked!

When I went to Vegas last year, I got to experience some games live that I had only been able to play online previously. I became a big fan of the 2/4 Kill pot game at Mandelay, and even though I got stuck for like $200 in the 1/2 NL ring game, I enjoyed it immensely. Regularly though, for the casinos in the midwest, the one I play live here most frequently is 2/4 or 4/8 Stud. However, all house games are presently NLHE tournie style. I'm trying to convince some of the regulars to get a dealer call game going, if not just a straight up cash game, but so far no luck.

Wow...that's a hell of a list for me.Online:$25 or $50 Buy-in NL or PL Hold'em$25 or $50 Buy-in PL Omaha 8/B$0.50/$1 or $1/$2 Limit Hold'em$0.05/$0.10 Limit Razz$10 NL Hold'em SnGs$10 Limit Omaha 8/B SnGsFreeroll to $5 NL Hold'em MTTsLive:$2/$4, $3/$6, or $4/$8 Limit Hold'em$3/$6 Limit Omaha 8/B$1/$2 NL Hold'em$70 or Less Buy-in NL Hold'em TournamentsI play much lower limits online because I usually multi-table up to 4 tables. I don't have much MTT experience, so I tend to stick to the very low buy-ins to develop my skills. If I can make it to a few final tables, I may start moving up in those. My favorite game is Omaha 8/B, but I play about equal parts Hold'em and O8. I play Razz on occasion when I get bored of HE and O8.I used to play exclusively low Limit Hold'em in casinos, and I was getting killed at it because I hardly ever play Limit online (not exactly killed, but I am definitely down all time on live Limit HE). Last weekend, I decided to take a stab at 1/2 NL HE, and mopped up. I played for 2 hours and tripled my buy-in...I don't think I'll be going back to Limit. I've only played O8 live once, but I plan on playing it exclusively on my trip to Vegas this Thursday...I'm stoked!
Thats a good strategy. Mtt's are a fuc.kin grind man. YOu just have to keep with it. May i reccomend HOH Volumes I and II. Read those two books and it'll really help out you NLH tourney game. Check'em out.