now this is getting good.dms: I've played against idiot maniacs and yes they pay you off... HotSteven was laggy on this but not retarded. he is cocky though!Hot: certainly this style will lend itself to a lot more variance, and you know that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe some helpful advice?
:We chime in:
I will not however let you insult me and call me a losing player
I refuse to be called a losing player
I won't pretend that I don't play overly agressive sometimes, but it is mostly because I am just that good
Hmmm...It's not an insult to be called a losing player. There's not one of us here that didn't have leaks when we started playing outside of myself. You get better at poker through playing it, and mostly that means bleeding money off and getting better through actual game experience.We are trying to help you. Don't you see that?Begging for help and then shunning it is completely hypocritical.You are also doomed to fail at this game if you can't take advice, or even criticism. This is an internet forum and we're not going to be your friends and feed you censored about how it's all bad beats, or internet poker is rigged. In many ways though, that's better for you. We call a mistake or leak when we see it, sometimes in the form of criticism, but in the end we are giving you money. Certainly you'd take and extra BB/100 if the condition was that you had to get criticized by people you never will know or meet?You asked a question and we gave you advice to the best of the VERY LIMITED information you gave us. I'd tell you to go get 10k hands but I don't want you to go broke. Read the strat forums, post hands, read SSHE etc. 300 hands is a very small sample but there is only a VERY remote chance that losing that many BB's had nothing to do with leaks in your game.

Alpha, I am not trying to say I am always gettting the best value from every hand I play, but there is no reason to call me a losing player. Just because someone gets a bad run of cards doesn't mean they are losing. I think you need to learn how to think longer term. I can handle criticism. I appreciate dimseven's advice to stop raising A-5 under the gun (however little justification he gave.) The thing I don't like is being called a losing player, because I am not a losing player.

Don't pretend you could ever outplay me. Ever. Keep on folding though. You will hit your set sometime.
You don't seriously believe that, do you? :lol:I mean, it's one thing to be confident. It's quite another to be arrogant. Dude, you play .5/1 LHE. I mean, c'mon, I'm all about being supportive of people that are working their way up, but this is ridiculous.Seriously?
I can take your advice' date=' and I posted here to recieve constructive criticism. I will not however let you insult me and call me a losing player. I am confident that I am a winning player at these levels' date=' and I regularly make money in a homegame I play with my friends. I have read some books on poker, and though I can admit I havent mastered EVERY aspect of the game (yet), I refuse to be called a losing player. Thank you.[/quote'']Good poker player? Here's a hand you played against me last night.Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is Button with A:club:, A:diamond:. 6 folds, Hero calls.Flop: (9.50 SB) J:diamond:, 9:spade:, 2:spade: (2 players)HotSteven bets, HotSteven calls.Turn: (12.75 BB) T:spade: (2 players)HotSteven checks, Hero bets, Hero calls.River: (16.75 BB) 8:club: (2 players)HotSteven checks, Hero bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 20.75 BBResults in white below: HotSteven has 8h Jh (two pair, jacks and eights). Hero has Ac Ad (one pair, aces). Outcome: HotSteven wins 20.75 BB. I like his pf line a lot better than your river line. :club: Everyone makes mistakes.
Don't pretend you could ever outplay me. Ever. Keep on folding though. You will hit your set sometime.
You don't seriously believe that, do you? :lol:I mean, it's one thing to be confident. It's quite another to be arrogant. Dude, you play .5/1 LHE. I mean, c'mon, I'm all about being supportive of people that are working their way up, but this is ridiculous.Seriously?
lmao doug...sometimes we think so alike i think we should be together. forever.and dont you ever try to think different. ever. you can't hide it. ever. never ever.- Jordan
I can take your advice' date=' and I posted here to recieve constructive criticism. I will not however let you insult me and call me a losing player. I am confident that I am a winning player at these levels' date=' and I regularly make money in a homegame I play with my friends. I have read some books on poker' date=' and though I can admit I havent mastered EVERY aspect of the game (yet), I refuse to be called a losing player. Thank you.[/quote''']Good poker player? Here's a hand you played against me last night.Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is Button with A:club:, A:diamond:. 6 folds, Hero calls.Flop: (9.50 SB) J:diamond:, 9:spade:, 2:spade: (2 players)HotSteven bets, HotSteven calls.Turn: (12.75 BB) T:spade: (2 players)HotSteven checks, Hero bets, Hero calls.River: (16.75 BB) 8:club: (2 players)HotSteven checks, Hero bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 20.75 BBResults in white below: HotSteven has 8h Jh (two pair, jacks and eights). Hero has Ac Ad (one pair, aces). Outcome: HotSteven wins 20.75 BB. I like his pf line a lot better than your river line. :club: Everyone makes mistakes.
That's how I play UI AA against overaggressive maniacs. 3 times out of 4 they show down top pair or worse (although the river check-raise usually means you've been outdrawn...I'd find it hard to bet/fold with 19 BB sitting in the pot).

I track my results in dollars.Do you have more money when you started or less? If you are ahead money you are winning player. If you went broke and had to redeposit you are losing player. Making sense here?

I'm thinking HotSteven lives under a bridge, folks. Time to move on.
Wow I'm slow. Lives under bridge = TrollDuh... not enough coffee today
Do you really think he had this kind of thought process? I don't.He just seems like a maniac player who thinks top pair is the nuts, and jams with hands that are probably dominated. He sucks out here in a 20BB pot and still dropped a ton of bets.Aggressiveness is good but it has to be controlled. I  :club:  playing against guys like this, any set you hit is golden
Trust me, Actuary is a lot closer to correct than you are. I won't pretend that I don't play overly agressive sometimes, but it is mostly because I am just that good. Don't pretend you could ever outplay me. Ever. Keep on folding though. You will hit your set sometime.
:D are you really this conceited? I'm pretty sure my stats at .50/1 are better than yours3.67/100 over 6K hands, I've never come anywhere close to dropping 100 bets in 300 hands.I'm not trying to "outplay" anyone at my table, keep thinking your game is perfect and you're too good for advice. why did you even post here? did you want a pat on the back and someone telling you to hang in there tiger?
just curious, in your opinion, where was his play bad?(I'm not defending, just asking you)
Almost all of it.
I disagree.Preflop Raise good.Preflop Cap, not goodFlop he should've c/r'dHe may suspect you put him on a blind steal and don't give him credit for TP even.Turn seems ok... if he can fold to a 3-bet, but he doesn't have to. Certainly chekcing turn is aweful. I'd probably bet/call turn to make sure I don't get it checked thru. Although that's rare, to check thru after flop actionRiver: hey, he played that greatNow be specific.I only see the PReflop cap and Not c/r Flop, and Turn as the questionalble parts.If pot wasn't so Huge, I"d question your river call.
Do you really think he had this kind of thought process? I don't.He just seems like a maniac player who thinks top pair is the nuts, and jams with hands that are probably ted. He sucks out here in a 20BB pot and still dropped a ton of bets.Aggressiveness is good but it has to be controlled. I :club: playing against guys like this, any set you hit is golden
Trust me, Actuary is a lot closer to correct than you are. I won't pretend that I don't play overly agressive sometimes, but it is mostly because I am just that good. Don't pretend you could ever outplay me. Ever. Keep on folding though. You will hit your set sometime.
How did you outplay him on this hand?You got lucky. It happens.
Do you really think he had this kind of thought process? I don't.He just seems like a maniac player who thinks top pair is the nuts, and jams with hands that are probably dominated. He sucks out here in a 20BB pot and still dropped a ton of bets.Aggressiveness is good but it has to be controlled. I  :club:  playing against guys like this, any set you hit is golden
:D are you really this conceited? I'm pretty sure my stats at .50/1 are better than yours3.67/100 over 6K hands, I've never come anywhere close to dropping 100 bets in 300 hands.I'm not trying to "outplay" anyone at my table, keep thinking your game is perfect and you're too good for advice. why did you even post here? did you want a pat on the back and someone telling you to hang in there tiger?
6k? I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand statistical deviations, but suffice to say you will need a few more hands. Come post again when you get around 100k. Thanks.

Don't hate, Actuary. I was just bored with the strat forums. I will let it die now that you have ruined my fun. Sorry dms, you can go back to working on your game. If it makes you feel better, the stats and graph are all real results of my play. It just wasn't the whole picture.

You aren't endearing yourself with the people in this forum who are most inclined to help you, and who are most capable of actually giving you constructive feedback.

With her finger and her thumb in the shape of an "L" on her forehead.....
I get it
That was from a very popular late-90's hit "All Star" by the noted band of the era "Smash Mouth."